Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 200179 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #460 on: July 08, 2008, 03:30:34 PM »
The major problem I have with it is the high Crit/turn rate. 1d3+1d6+Str may not seem like much, but crunch some numbers on the damage/hit and it actually will add up very fast. Daggers have a 19-20 crit rate, more with Keen or Imp Crit, so that's about 10-20% of every attack you make threatening (throw in Power Critical or some other means of boosting them and most of those should confirm). Add in the House Rule on crits I have up there, where every time you threaten another crit when trying to confirm an attack increases the multiplier on the damage rolls, and you can one-shot a number of CR 20s in one full-attack.

Are Crescent Knives 19-20? I thought they were just 20/x2 This is just my curiousity speaking.

Oh, I missed the Crescent Knives part. Where are those anyway?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #461 on: July 08, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »
Crescent Knife is from Dragon #275. Costs 20 gold. 1d3 for medium creatures. Slashing with a 20/x2 crit range. The key is that they make 2 attacks for each attack with them.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

NineInchNall

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • I am NOT a cat.
    • Email
« Reply #462 on: July 08, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
Which could get potentially "el stupido" with a Dragonfire Inspiration user or something similar in the party.  Now that's certainly fun for me, since that works really well with my predilection for buffing people, but it might make others who would benefit less feel small in the pants.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #463 on: July 08, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »
Crescent Knife is from Dragon #275. Costs 20 gold. 1d3 for medium creatures. Slashing with a 20/x2 crit range. The key is that they make 2 attacks for each attack with them.

Ah, therein lies the unbalanced portion. Reducing it to an extra attack (ala Snap Kick) is less uber, but a be nerf from hell. Increasing it to 1d4, 19-20 would give it back some use.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #464 on: July 08, 2008, 06:46:35 PM »
Which could get potentially "el stupido" with a Dragonfire Inspiration user or something similar in the party.  Now that's certainly fun for me, since that works really well with my predilection for buffing people, but it might make others who would benefit less feel small in the pants.

It's alright with me. Having him protect a 50 ft area around me while I nuke foes further away suits me just fine. Unlike a lot of games, I'm expecting a number of tactical encounters to start at range, since you can usually see other airships coming.

Sinfire-
1d4 19-20/x2 is the same as a dagger...20 gp and a feat for a dagger...

Maybe the second attack should require the first attack to hit? Then those attack penalties really balance it out
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #465 on: July 08, 2008, 07:08:59 PM »

It's alright with me. Having him protect a 50 ft area around me while I nuke foes further away suits me just fine. Unlike a lot of games, I'm expecting a number of tactical encounters to start at range, since you can usually see other airships coming.

Sinfire-
1d4 19-20/x2 is the same as a dagger...20 gp and a feat for a dagger...

Maybe the second attack should require the first attack to hit? Then those attack penalties really balance it out

Good point.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #466 on: July 09, 2008, 09:27:35 AM »
I think you are still recruiting for Valua, though i did not read all 24 pages.
If you are, i would like to try out for the spot. As a Warforged Artificer.
I'll have a full sheet up in a little.

NineInchNall

• I am NOT a cat.
    • Email
« Reply #467 on: July 09, 2008, 11:29:59 AM »
Yes!  An arty would go perfectly with my Society Mind!  Woohoo!

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #468 on: July 09, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
So, I'm trying to figure out what the other side of my arty should be, What are After and Sky and you playing?

NineInchNall

• I am NOT a cat.
    • Email
« Reply #469 on: July 09, 2008, 11:07:20 PM »
Well, there's a Sublime Way Marshal//Paladin and a Factotum//Warmage.  EjoThims, it seems, will also be looking to join Valua's mighty armada as a nutso crescent knife throwing kobold.

I've got an Ardent//Society Mind, so any persistent buffs you throw on yourself will be getting echoed to the rest of the party.  Muwa ha ha?  I do believe so.  Let's see ...

Artificers are Intelligence based, yes?  You couldt throw Psion onto the other side.  That way we could use each other's powers:

Psionic creatures who are
willing members in a society mind's
worldthought network (including the society
mind himself) may manifest unknown powers
from powers known by another willing psionic
creature in the network as if they were making
physical contact (see the Expanded Psionics
Handbook, page 64).

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #470 on: July 09, 2008, 11:16:36 PM »
Actually it looks like I'm gonna go with the arrogant twat cha monkey after all, though I'm going to shift some stuff around to refocus her from a pyro blaster to a pyro/lasher.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #471 on: July 09, 2008, 11:27:43 PM »
Ah yes, Nothing like a Psion//arty20 sounds good to me!

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #472 on: July 09, 2008, 11:44:47 PM »
I just ordered a hardcopy Heroes of Horror for my Dread Necromancer. Been working out of a Pdf... for less than 10 Dollars!!! (am i too excited about this?)
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #473 on: July 10, 2008, 01:48:55 AM »
Hmm. Yes, an Artificer would be very nice indeed. You're hired.

5 is plenty. 1 more than expected(gestalt runs best with small parties), but a lot of dedicated support and good synergy means less competing for the spotlight and no one feeling worthless, which is one of my biggest concerns.

Sinfire, I believe Valua is no longer accepting applications unless you have a quota. I just figured we'd have nameless grunts to push around to fill anything else. :)
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #474 on: July 10, 2008, 07:47:58 AM »
Ixa'taka is still wanting an additional character. While a Dread Necromancer is a bit odd for the Green Isle, we're not going to be picky at this point. And while we have all the bases covered minimally, we'd like to avoid being spread completely thin.
I know gameology-fu.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #475 on: July 10, 2008, 08:15:40 AM »
seems like the campaigns are pretty much stuffed and ready to begin! :love
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #476 on: July 10, 2008, 10:42:49 AM »

5 is plenty. 1 more than expected(gestalt runs best with small parties), but a lot of dedicated support and good synergy means less competing for the spotlight and no one feeling worthless, which is one of my biggest concerns.

Sinfire, I believe Valua is no longer accepting applications unless you have a quota. I just figured we'd have nameless grunts to push around to fill anything else. :)

Duly noted, both Valua and Yafutoma will be off the ground today. After I go set up a damn pool table...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #477 on: July 10, 2008, 12:16:25 PM »

Duly noted, both Valua and Yafutoma will be off the ground today. After I go set up a damn pool table...
Pool tables are fun! Playing pool at least, carrying the freaking heavy top is not fun  ;)
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #478 on: July 10, 2008, 01:46:06 PM »

Pool tables are fun! Playing pool at least, carrying the freaking heavy top is not fun  ;)

9'-4.5' with 1/4" slate, thank god it was in three sections and not one piece! Unbacked slate too. Nice table though.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #479 on: July 10, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »
I think Mid-Ocean has died (or is on the verge of doing so). Perhaps it would be possible to open it up for recruitment? IIRC we still have:

Cloistered Cleric//SWVRanger --> Buffing Bowman and Party Healer (in a pinch)
SWVRanger//Incarnate/Targeteer --> Dual-wielding pistols that I'm actually not very sure about when it comes to specifics
Warblade//Swordsage --> Wrecking crew when it comes to short range, and with 60+ HP at level 3... one meaty tank
Fighter//Monk/Rogue --> My suboptimal character with a little Ascetic Rogue to spruce it up (and a sacrifice in all armor and shields from Fighter for extra feats). Yes, I like the base classes. :)

Although, both Kane and Peregrine haven't posted for the current turn (which has lasted for a month starting tomorrow), so I'm unsure as to where this may head.

Still up to the other members of the party as to whether or not we open up Mid-Ocean, but I for one am tired of the waiting. I'd love it if PbP was more reliable than a monthly lottery. :D