Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 200175 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #1160 on: September 20, 2008, 08:02:04 PM »
I think I'm going to have to side with Swordsage, unless anyone else vouches for Totemist. I like the class, and it would give me different options, but as I said, Ss offers a somewhat better build.

That said, in planning the character, I can either take the 4th level of Warshaper and gain Fast Healing 2, or I can take another Gestalt level and gain access to 9th level maneuvers. Which is going to be more useful, here? (I'd be getting fast healing at level 7, mind you, though it wouldn't scale with level- though, you can also spend a full-round action with a concentration check and heal 10 hp). On the other hand, 17th level gives me improved evasion and the 9th level maneuvers are kick-ass.
---
On second though, non-swordsage levels equal count for half toward initiator levels, which would give me access to 9th level maneuvers anyway...

So, Improved Evasion or Fast Healing 2?

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1161 on: September 20, 2008, 08:05:59 PM »
Improved Evasion is shit because by that point your Reflex should be high enough to use Evasion. Fast Healing 2 means that you'll never have to be healed. :)

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #1162 on: September 20, 2008, 08:34:49 PM »
Guys, I hesitate to interrupt such refined self-torturing but level 17 is years away at PbP-rhythm and you can rebuild almost however you want every level. I would optimize for levels 3-5 instead...
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1163 on: September 20, 2008, 10:04:30 PM »
Always make sure you are viable at every level :P Don't rely on stuff like FP and levels, etc.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1164 on: September 20, 2008, 10:34:22 PM »
I just wanted to have an idea of where my character should go. I know it'll be forever before my character gets to level 7, let alone 17.  :lol
Not to mention, who knows if I'll even survive that long. :o

Anyway, I should have something up sometime later tonight.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1165 on: September 20, 2008, 11:00:45 PM »
Here is my character sheet.

Hit points roll here.

I'll get equipment up today.  SiFir, how many Fate Points do I get?  And if I spend more than one fate point, does the +25% HP stack with itself, aka two fate points = +50%?

Original stats were : 17, 14, 12, 12, 14, 16

Edit: Being very lazy, will do equipment tomorrow.  Description and Personality too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 02:06:32 AM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1166 on: September 21, 2008, 02:08:38 AM »
Heh. Besides a Chain Shirt +1 and a Vest of Resistance +1, I didn't even think of anything else to get (other than the unspoken standard of component pouch, cold weather gear, rations, backpack, etc.). I might change the Vest to a Belt of Healing, though. Extra healing stuff can't hurt...

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1167 on: September 21, 2008, 05:49:15 AM »
Heh. Besides a Chain Shirt +1 and a Vest of Resistance +1, I didn't even think of anything else to get (other than the unspoken standard of component pouch, cold weather gear, rations, backpack, etc.). I might change the Vest to a Belt of Healing, though. Extra healing stuff can't hurt...

I wear heavy armor, and have healing down in a couple of different ways, heh.  My main concern is a restful crystal.
Notes to self

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1168 on: September 21, 2008, 09:10:43 AM »
Always make sure you are viable at every level :P Don't rely on stuff like FP and levels, etc.

Heh. My current level is the only level where I'm really not viable. No Grappling Block (lv 4) and no Versatile Unarmed Strike (lv 4)... not to mention a lack of Stunning Fist (lv 6)... and the Bastard Sword doesn't kick in until lv 9... lol.

But viability is a funny thing, really. :)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1169 on: September 21, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »
Extra healing is just more party friendly. To be honest, with 8hp, chances are the healing won't benefit me... much...

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1170 on: September 21, 2008, 09:56:17 AM »
Well, just make sure no one can hit you in the first place. :)
The healing will at least be useful later on, anyway, right?

As for me, Feral Lesser Tiefling seems like it's taking the cake as for race. The feral template goes well with my class abilities/attacks, as well as the background story I had planned out before settling on race, and lesser tiefling (as opposed to lesser aasimar) helps off-set some of the int penalty so I can still function as trapfinder to a degree. Plus, the bonuses are sweet. :D

syntax_error

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Let loose the hounds of RAW
« Reply #1171 on: September 21, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »
Sauld of the Silver Fates is ready to go! Nasr, here I come!

I'll be posting Sauld's character sheet in the character sheet thread now.

Syntax Error

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1172 on: September 21, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
I've got maneuvers for healing, as well as my lay on hands.  They'll only get better as time goes on.  Hooray Devoted Spirit.  :D
Notes to self

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #1173 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:26 PM »
I think I have major ADD... I finally took a look at 4e and basically dumped 3.5 to find neat toys in the new system. So I either have ADD or I'm like a system-oholic (that's right, addicted to system-ohol). As a result, I have no idea when my fascination with new "toys" will pass... I don't like the premise of everything being dealt with by damage, but I like some of the mechanical combos (and Magic Circle was fun, haha).

I apologize if this persist and it turns out I totally wasted your time with all of the questions I asked. :-\
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1174 on: September 21, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
It disappeared for me when I DMed a game. I swear, some of the classes look exactly the same. *points at Cleric and Warlord* (Yes, I know there are minute differences, but they usually amount to circumstantial +1s/-1s when based on damage. It's as though the only things that exist these days are DPS and movement.)

AndyJames, what kind of AC are we talking about? 'Cause 8 HP is still a one-shot deal from anything.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1175 on: September 21, 2008, 06:59:16 PM »
Zefier

AC = 5 (chain shirt +1), 2 Natural AC, +1 size, +3 Dex, -1 flaw = 20 (plus shield 1/day, force screen 1/day, defensive pre-cog 3/day)

Saves = +3 Con, +3 Dex, +1 Wis = 3/3/3

SR = 11

He's supposed to be a dual caster, so I am not expecting him to go into combat, but he is still very vulnerable.

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #1176 on: September 21, 2008, 07:10:58 PM »
Well, you know how monsters have a tendency to go after the squishies. Though the SR is pretty sweet (I recall reading up on how SR sucks at certain times because it also works against buffs... but can't you turn it off?).

But yeah, good luck avoiding death. XD

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #1177 on: September 21, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
Sinfire, would you allow Outsider Wings to be taken as a feat on its own without the Fiendish/Celestial bloodline feat prerequisite if it was reduced to Raptoran limiitations, or perhaps with some other qualifier (like being available only at a certain level, require a different feat, etc.)? Fiendish Bloodline feat is just such a wasted feat for me as a good character.

--Edit--
Maybe If I could take the Eagle's Wings wild feat, and say instead of giving up an extra wild shape, since I don't have that, shapeshifting takes extra time, going from Swift to standard, or full-round if you deem it so. Or, maybe I could take wild feats, and treat them sort of like metamagic feats, increasing the shapeshifting time by one step for each wild feat used when changing form. So, shifting into predator form using Eagle's Wings and Boar's Ferocity would be a standard action (or whatever would be deemed good). Just some ideas.

---
Spell-Resistance can be suppressed, but then you're also vulnerable until your next round when you can turn it back on.

---
Oh, if only my natural claw attacks transferred into shapeshifted form. What a wonderful world that would be. I'll just live with unarmed strike capabilities until I hit warshaper. :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 08:00:15 PM by VennDygrem »

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #1178 on: September 21, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »
It takes a standard action to turn it off. But I don't anticipate a lot of buffs in combat simply because I'm a caster. It's the melee guys who wants the buffs. Healing would be another story altogether, though.

I might get rid of Heighten Spell and Versatile Spellcaster and go into RS the old fashioned way (i.e., after (DN//Sorc) 4) to free up a couple of feats, though. DN 2-4 has a bunch of goodies, like DR 2/magic and bludgeoning at level 2, Advanced Learning at level 4 (Shivering Touch!). Plus, it would be less cheesy and hopefully would allow me more FP than 1 :P

Sinfire?

EDIT: What would Sinfire say to a Necropolitan who was brought back by someone with the Corpsegrafter, Nimble Bones, Harden Flesh and Deadly Chill feats? *ducks the DMG flying my way* :lol
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:03:55 PM by AndyJames »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #1179 on: September 21, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »
Ok, Ioth is done.  Here's a link again.  Comments?

And SiFir, how many fate points, and what's the answer to my fate point question from earlier?

Edit: Wow, I forgot how expensive good heavy armor is.
Notes to self