Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 24904 times)

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2010, 05:55:59 PM »

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2010, 06:03:32 PM »
Is magic use in the city illegal or just discouraged? 
Placeholder - T'tosc

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »
magic items is by permit only (sort of like a fire arm)

Casting magic you can get burned at the stake for (unless you are a priest or paladian of Palor talke about double standered)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2010, 11:41:56 PM »
Sounds like I'll have to be especially careful in this city. If magic is so suspicious, what would they think of an innately magical creature? Luckily with the wings concealed, Aullara does sort of pass for a halfling or gnome, but it's still a bit of a stretch. She can get by most people with her natural invisibility, though.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2010, 11:58:15 PM »
ok call this my lack of experance DMing showing but should i just continue or what ?

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2010, 02:53:21 AM »
I think that would depend on what you mean by continue.

Krisrath is thinking we may have enough time to finish the vault before we hit the trail. Assuming he can actually get anything out of the people of the city......................
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »
If you don't mind my asking why ask the towns people about the vault and not try asking other agents that live in the city or trying to talking to the organised crime (considering were the God Father is located there are other members of his organization near buy) elements that are in the city as well ?

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »
The vault is not official, so asking the agents directly is out, but by people I am meaning occupants of the city in general.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »
I figure while Glim is stuck confirming orders the rest of us could hit the streets in our respective ways and see what we can learn of events in the next few hours then meet back up.   

Would give us chance to do a good bit of Gather Information and other such.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
*Nudge*

I was/am waiting to give others a chance to pipe in before I actually declare going out to start Gathering Info.

I know Flay, endgamer, and Sohola have been recently active in other areas of forums so... well, get your arses in gear :P
Placeholder - T'tosc

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2010, 11:08:22 AM »
You know, I thought I'd be one of the weaker ones for Gather Information, due to only having 3 ranks, but I'm only half-bad, considering Krisath has a little over twice my bonus. :D

I can go out in invisibility mode and help, if that would be wise.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2010, 12:08:01 PM »
I have a question pending IC, or I would be hitting the streets myself.

Gather information doesn't have all that many boosts sadly. But I can take 10 and I only take 1d4+1 x 10 mins, instead of x hours. Maybe I will buy a +cha cloak soon to bump up my facing, that is after a glib item of course.  ;)
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
I too am waiting on IC response.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »
Lloyd can't really do much but wait for your characters to do info gathering. This has become a disturbing trend among characters I use. If Lloyd dies and I reroll, don't let me build ANYTHING that doesn't have skills for this sort of thing, please.
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2010, 02:35:47 PM »
Gather info? Suzuki? The guy with a steel mask and dark cloak? I.... have no ranks for a reason... :p

JK, totally don't see when this game updates until much later. Making... uh... some sort of post now...

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2010, 10:09:43 AM »
Arcanis, I was doing a breakdown for you when I noticed that SC had did that the same day as you requested.  He posted the breakdown as an edit in the post.

((in short form May cant get Alucard right now as he his dealing with the citys were rat problem himself you were able to get Sutra (and possibly to much info on both her and striker) and according to her Alucard knows what is going on and high command is letting commander Striker deal with it any way he sees fit as in sending your team on this new assignment ))

I was wondering what was taking so long and seems Arcanis likely just didn't notice the edit as edits do not bump or notify.  We should probably make posts here in the OOC to point each other to significant edits.
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »
Thanks Hallack I hadn't noticed the edit. Glim will discuss this with the group once everyone gathers back together.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2010, 12:19:52 PM »
From Stormcrows last post I'm under the impression that we have all regrouped after Gathering Information without much success though we ended up with the "party" invitation.

So,... anybody still around?  We waiting for something. 

I am fearing that everyone is waiting on someone else who happens to be waiting on them.  Is this the case?
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2010, 12:22:51 PM »
I still check occasionally and if I see a post on the front page of the forum I'll come in (like today).

Lets see who all checks in to make sure it isn't just me an you left participating in this game.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
Yeah, I'm just waiting, pretty much, since there's little else I can do.