Author Topic: So I am not dead yet ?  (Read 3113 times)

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
So I am not dead yet ?
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »
You have been captured by Drow one way or another it does not matter as you sit in a loin cloth in a cell, the wall are made of some fort walls of force all you can do is sit a wait. if you speak Drow the guards are having been talking about the arena and taking bets which ones will live and which ones will die in the upcoming proving battle, before they are sold. A few moments alter a female Drow walks in and start yelling (OCC if you understand Drow ) “I want these pit dogs in their places and ready to go 5 vs 5 ,painted vs none  and equipped now the buys  will be here soon and i want this going off without a hitch." The guards nod and soon start taking you one at a time to different holding  cages were you can over see through a small slit on the top section of the cell you can see arena floor. the three of you are in the cell with 2 humans

(OCC you are all now in the same cage)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:45:37 PM by Stormcrow »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: So I am not dead yet ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 12:01:47 AM »
Brute looks down at the others sharing his cage. In Draconic, he utters, "Hmm.. more small fleshy beings, like the one back then... Others though, too..."

Looking specifically at the grey and gold-hued one most nearing his own height, he continues, "Are you born of the Dragon as well?"

[spoiler]I like my good fortune; I'm glad I got to speak first, so I can break the stereotype of barbarian-types not usually being the first to talk. Helps set Brute apart. :)

Of course, only one of you guys can understand me at all, and I doubt the humans speak Draconic. :P[/spoiler]

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:24:06 AM »
Pa'Rel turns his eyes from looking out the slit and replies in Draconic, "I know not my parentage, but my brethren at the monastery hinted that I may have the blood of the dragons in me.  The tongue came to me naturally as did that of the upper heavens.  How did they take you?  The last thing I remember before waking up in a cell is feeling a blade pierce my back as I lost consciousness."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:46:03 AM »
"How did they take me? With a great deal of effort."

Brute chuckles, which must be a curious, perhaps even disconcerting experience for the humans and perhaps even the dwarf.

Speaking to the dwarf, now, Brute says, "Tell me, do you speak the tongue of your superiors?" Brute waits a moment, before a thought strikes him. In common, he says, "Or this? Do you understand this tongue? I do not know any more, so you are out of luck if you do not."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 03:30:47 AM »
The dwarf scowls, unhappy of his predicament, almost ignoring the others for a moment while he caught up on his thoughts. "Damn, rotten drow! What I wouldn't give tussle with a couple of them, and show them exactly the mistake they made in taking me."

Realizing that he'd basically spaced out while in a bad temperament, he jerks his head towards the direction of a voice that seemed to be speaking to him, although he didn't understand the language. "Aye, I understand your human tongue. I believe we're all out of luck friend. It sounds like there's to be a gladiator game, and we're to be the game pieces. I didn't get much more than that. I was only half conscious when they spoke, and I didn't exactly catch anything when they switched to the tongue they share with their aboveground cousins."
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 04:47:54 AM »
"Heh! The dark-flesh were lucky once, but that shall not last. They cannot keep me forever in this place, and if they intend to use me as, how you say, a game piece, then I will only grow stronger. If they had wished to live, they should have disabled me when they had the chance."

Brute folds his arms and stands as tall as the cage allows, which for an average man would be no small feat given the heavy chains bound to manacles on his wrists and ankles. Brute is no mere man, however.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 03:17:44 PM »
after a few moments two Drow walk up to your cage with buckets splash you all with it.
[spoiler](for those with dark vision you see that it looks like a neon light green.) [/spoiler]

and you can here a commotion from the arena (for those that take the time to look ) the Female Drow from before has went center of the arena floor and starts to make a speech

(for those that speak Drow)

[spoiler]Greeting Member of the noble of the noble houses of the favored of the Goddess, two day we will be showing off slaves that should make good Gladiators to serve your houses. to day do to having 300 slaves from all over we will be showing them off in 5 on 5 battles. so for now injoy the show the auction will be after.[/spoiler]

as she talks a bag is thrown in to your cells one of the humans gabs it and pulls out a short sword (there are 5 in total) as he starts to pass the bag around.

then there the first groups when up ...

then suddenly the cell starts to shake and the cell goes up were you can see to the other side of the arena and in the cell you can see first one is of a ogre and half ork and three hob goblins then the bars open

the areana is small there is to area with a 10ft high platforms and then a 40 ft wall you can not see right now were the watchers or who is watching
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 03:40:11 PM by Stormcrow »

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »

ok here is the starting of the round I need an int roll
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 03:36:22 PM by Stormcrow »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 04:00:40 PM »
[spoiler]Initiative: 1d20=6[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 05:57:56 PM »
[spoiler]Initiative: 1d20+2=22[/spoiler]

The dwarf looks at the short swords. Weapons? I have no need for such things. My fists are quite sufficient.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »
With the bars down and the chains dropped, Brute takes the chance to stand tall and outstretch all four arms (the lower two of which seem to have a faint glow about them).

"It is nice of them to provide us with toothpicks."

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 10:02:35 PM »
[spoiler]Initiative:  1d20+3=10[/spoiler]

Looking down at the weapons I smirk, "If they want me to use a weapon at least give me something worth using."

As the gate drops, "Finally a step outside that unnatural prison."

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 03:08:01 AM »
init order

Kilin 22
Human 22
Hob 1  (16)
Were Tigger 15 / Oger 15
Hob 2 (14)
Pa'Rel 10
Hob 3 (8) half ork 8
Brute 6
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:11:36 PM by Stormcrow »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 03:43:32 AM »
Kilin cracks his knuckles and heads out towards the arena, looking in the direction of his opponents.

He speaks in undercommon, and then repeats it in common. "You want to see what I can do? Fine then. I will fight anyone of you peons who dares wish to challenge me. This crew will not back down to your whim."

[spoiler]Kilin readies. The first person to try attack him, will get attacked right back.[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 02:05:52 PM »
the man on the left of the group looks out and says "hobs a ork and ogre don't underestimate the hobs they are look like the smart ones in that group and they fight like devils to boot" as he advances.

the hob on the far left starts to make his way to wards the group and to the side barking something in ork and giant

the the man on the groups right tosses his sword a  head of the group (10 ft) saying "if you want a extra weapon take mine i have better weapon to take skulls with" as he starts to go in to convolutions and turns in to some form type of half man half feline creature (a were tiger ) as the other man turns and says "am i the only non freak in here"

as the orger storms forward.  as the second hob says something to the ogre pointing the were tiger then starts to make his own flank on the other side

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 05:51:04 PM »
Pa'Rel, steps out and to the right, glaring at the ogre and hobgoblins, and seemingly not taking notice of the weretiger or the human.

[spoiler]Moving 15' forward from the opening and 15' to the right.  Preparing an action against a possible charge.[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
the hob in the middle advances with the ork behind him the ork looks at brute as if he has chosen to start with him first

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 01:34:33 AM »

occ ok here is an updated image of were every on is or at least should be so far of i got any one in the wrong please say so o ya also change the image of the were tiger to orange and the hobs to light blue

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 12:18:08 PM »
Brute lets out a deep, bellowing roar as he rushes out in a straight line, easily covering the distance of half the arena space in just a few seconds. In the light, you can now see the four strong arms, as well as the purple-tinted scales etched into his metal body, with those around his waist seemingly thicker, almost like they formed a belt. Finally, you see a three-sided mask hovering just in front of his face, each side with a different visage- one in the form of a savage dragon, the next a fierce lion, and the last appearing as a demonic goat.

[spoiler]Three soulmelds shaped: Girallon arms (2 essentia invested; 4 arms/claws, bonus on climb/grapple), Wormtail belt (bonus to NA), Threefold Mask of the Chimera (Can't be flanked)
Additionally, 1 point of essentia is investing in my Cobalt Rage feat.

Brute rages and does a double move, going 80 feet in a straight line.[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 06:24:09 PM »
Realizing that no one was purposely coming after him, the monk walked forward 30 ft, and readied again.

"Are you all just a cowardly lot, then? Or do you not wish to fight as I do? If it is the former, then leave now before you end up with bloodied noses."