Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Robot Ninja Pirate Edition  (Read 128412 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Robot Ninja Pirate Edition
« Reply #900 on: July 02, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »
I wasn't sure if that was the case or not, since it indicates you can draw "a weapon" as part of a move action, but if you have TWF'ing, then you can draw 2 weapons.  Seemed like a specific limitation.
Ask your DM if a marilith could draw all of her weapons as part of a move action. If he says "Yes, of course." Then say "Great. Then I guess my hydra can, also." :D
But a Marilith has Multi-Weapon Fighting.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #901 on: July 02, 2010, 03:34:42 PM »
I wasn't sure if that was the case or not, since it indicates you can draw "a weapon" as part of a move action, but if you have TWF'ing, then you can draw 2 weapons.  Seemed like a specific limitation.
Ask your DM if a marilith could draw all of her weapons as part of a move action. If he says "Yes, of course." Then say "Great. Then I guess my hydra can, also." :D
Yeah, but that's just going to help her fight with them all.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #902 on: July 02, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »
And bumping to the next page.

Q 230 Is there a Savage Species progression of the Gargoyle somewhere?

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #903 on: July 02, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »
I wasn't sure if that was the case or not, since it indicates you can draw "a weapon" as part of a move action, but if you have TWF'ing, then you can draw 2 weapons.  Seemed like a specific limitation.
Yeah, but that's just going to help her fight with them all.
No, that's not all it's going to do.

If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move. If you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you can draw two light or one-handed weapons in the time it would normally take you to draw one.

Multiweapon Fighting
Special

This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.

Multiweapon fighting is the reason a marilith can draw all of its weapons as part of a move action.  They don't get to do it "just because."
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

LargePrime

• Curious George
« Reply #904 on: July 02, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »
Multiweapon Fighting
Special
This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.
Multiweapon fighting is the reason a marilith can draw all of its weapons as part of a move action.  They don't get to do it "just because."
Given this, prolly the crystals will not work either...

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #905 on: July 02, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »
Multiweapon Fighting
Special
Given this, prolly the crystals will not work either...
The crystal you listed would work.  You get several free actions a round.

Lobo6717

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #906 on: July 02, 2010, 04:48:15 PM »
Q 231 I'm looking for some Wizard spells that gear more towards benefiting an armored melee component.  Such as the cleric's Magic Vestment and Divine Power.  For these specifically, I've thought of taking the Arcane Disciple feat, but then I would need to bump my Wisdom up.  I could also try to research arcane versions of these, but was curious if there are other options that I'm missing.

The two main things I'm looking for are enhancing worn armor and increasing attack bonus (BAB at caster level just sounds so nice)

For background, the character concept I'm thinking of is a Fighter 1/Wizard 4/Runesmith 5

Bump

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #907 on: July 02, 2010, 05:01:48 PM »
Q 231 I'm looking for some Wizard spells that gear more towards benefiting an armored melee component.  Such as the cleric's Magic Vestment and Divine Power.  For these specifically, I've thought of taking the Arcane Disciple feat, but then I would need to bump my Wisdom up.  I could also try to research arcane versions of these, but was curious if there are other options that I'm missing.

The two main things I'm looking for are enhancing worn armor and increasing attack bonus (BAB at caster level just sounds so nice)

For background, the character concept I'm thinking of is a Fighter 1/Wizard 4/Runesmith 5

Bump

There are several combat enhancing wizard spells:
Shield is nice if you are using a 2 handed weapon or 2 weapons
Tenzer's Transformation
Body of war from spell compendium

The latter two stop you from casting spells but you can buff up beforehand anyway.

For a build I would probably only take one level of runesmith,  Fighter 1/Wizard 4/Runesmith 1/Abjurant Champion 4 probably being better (BAB +7 rather than 5)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #908 on: July 02, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »
Q233: Why can you key Absorption to an Energy Transformation Field? Is not the spell target: You and Range: Personal?
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Lobo6717

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #909 on: July 02, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »

Bump

Tenzer's Transformation

The latter two stop you from casting spells but you can buff up beforehand anyway.

For a build I would probably only take one level of runesmith,  Fighter 1/Wizard 4/Runesmith 1/Abjurant Champion 4 probably being better (BAB +7 rather than 5)

Thanks.  I had balked at those, but I guess buffing beforehand would offset not being able to cast for a few rounds.  If the spell doesn't specifically have a "D" next to the duration, then it is not dismissible, correct?

Unfortunately, Abjurant Champion requires a BAB of +5 to go into it.  I wouldn't even get that until Fighter 1/Wizard 4/Runesmith 4.  So I'll take the Abj Champion at that point.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #910 on: July 02, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »

Bump

Tenzer's Transformation

Thanks.  I had balked at those, but I guess buffing beforehand would offset not being able to cast for a few rounds.  If the spell doesn't specifically have a "D" next to the duration, then it is not dismissible, correct?

Unfortunately, Abjurant Champion requires a BAB of +5 to go into it.  I wouldn't even get that until Fighter 1/Wizard 4/Runesmith 4.  So I'll take the Abj Champion at that point.

No idea how i managed to miss BAB +5... i use Abjurant champion a lot too...

Again though only take runesmith 1 and a better PRC for the remaining levels.

Chilastra022

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #911 on: July 03, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
Q234: So the base classes pdf got taken down on crystalkeep for some reason or another and im looking for a monk variant. Searched on google without much luck, so was curious if anyone here knows the source/info on the martial monk variant? Or if anyone happens to have the pdf in question backed up and willing to upload it for me? :)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #912 on: July 03, 2010, 12:04:50 AM »
A234: You can find it here.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Chilastra022

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #913 on: July 03, 2010, 12:18:13 AM »

Ah many many thanks :)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #914 on: July 03, 2010, 02:15:37 AM »
Wow. And it's still wrong too. *points at Mystic Ranger spell progression and lack of Reflex save*

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #915 on: July 03, 2010, 04:42:20 AM »
Q235 I seem to remember reading something on the forums where you could start with an extra (vile?) feat at lv1 if you worshiped something evil... or something. God, that's horribly vague. Hopefully someone realises what I'm talking about. =P
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #916 on: July 03, 2010, 04:43:30 AM »
Q235 I seem to remember reading something on the forums where you could start with an extra (vile?) feat at lv1 if you worshiped something evil... or something. God, that's horribly vague. Hopefully someone realises what I'm talking about. =P
I'm not 100% sure about that, but I was just shown the vile feated human in Book of Vile Darkness.

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #917 on: July 03, 2010, 04:53:15 AM »
I'm not 100% sure about that, but I was just shown the vile feated human in Book of Vile Darkness.
Hmm... that may be it, but I seem to remember the option being better then not taking it, that race is basically a human that you're roped into playing evil, the normal bonus feat is replaced by the vile feat for that race... no I don't think it's that. Thanks anyways.

Something about worshiping an elder evil?
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #918 on: July 03, 2010, 07:42:11 AM »
I have a resource for this And yes it is being CE and worshipping an elder evil. Gives a bonus vile feat at levels 1,5,10,15,20.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #919 on: July 03, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »
Q 230 Is there a Savage Species progression of the Gargoyle somewhere?
[/quote]Not RAW but I can make a balanced one for you if u would like. GitP people try at this but don't succeed too well.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r