Author Topic: Altea: Introduction  (Read 24560 times)

Huggles

Re: Altea: Introduction
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »
Telchar wakes up lost in a ditch, with a bunch of empty mugs stacked on top of each other in the shape of a pyramid.
"Agh, my head... and where'd this thing come from? Guess I celebrated a little too hard night..."
[spoiler]I rolled so low (a 3), I don't think I know where I am, much less where this meeting is to take place.[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2008, 03:38:06 AM »
[spoiler]1d20+2=15[/spoiler]

linktheoriginal

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2008, 11:48:32 AM »
[spoiler]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1715661/
[/spoiler]

Skarrandar managed to find himself a bed last night, although, admittedly, it wasn't his.  He groggily steps out into the morning light, curses at the sun a few times so that it will know its place, and then he spots Telchar and the beeramid.  "Ah, so that's where I put that thing."  He helps Telchar up, laughing.  "I never thought the dwarf would be the one in the ditch."

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2008, 04:53:11 PM »
After helping the Dwarf up, Skarrandar hears a few of the guards out near the wall talking about security assignments.

I can't believe they're making us work this early after last night.  It's just cruel.
Anyway, did you get the assignments for today?  I what in the hells is Gunther's doing?!  It says here that there are to be three people guarding the mayor's office at all times today, but shouldn't we be guarding Tobias's meeting instead?  We both know that's not where he is right now.  Heck, I heard Tobias tell Gunther that he was going to be in the safest room in the city.  We should be guarding that room!

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
[spoiler]
For Streetwise (1d20+1=15)
[/spoiler]

Doriavan had already been up and wandering around town for a while, kind of curious as to the nature of the elves outside the walls.  I wonder why they've decided to setup camp here.  Hmmm... I wonder if any of them would like to be mages someday...  Probably shouldn't upset them yet though... .

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Professor Oak can effin' Die
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2008, 02:40:58 PM »
"Kord is great, Kord is grand.
Thank him or I'll break your hand
By his fist I'll crush you dead
Or punch you in the throat instead.
Amen."

After finishing his morning prayers, Darius walks around the elven encampment, wandering around, getting to know the visitors.  He plans his route to return to the town about mid-morning.
As far as clerics go... he's gonna be the very best, like no one ever was

linktheoriginal

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2008, 03:37:06 PM »
Skarrandar goes to fetch Carric, and heads off to where he thinks the meeting might be.  (If the dwarf has his wits about him, he can follow.)  Skarr asks Carric to try to eavesdrop on the meeting while he heads to the front door and asks the guards for entry, as he'd like to hear the discussion.

[spoiler]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1717207/
1d20 + 8=23[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »
[spoiler]Insight: 1d20 8=14 to try and figure out the context of the discussion/any hidden undertones, etc
Perception: 1d20+8=10 if I can see/hear anything important
Stealth: 1d20+8=16 to try and hide/appear inconspicious[/spoiler]

Nodding, Carric sets off to where he thinks the meeting is, trying to keep to the shadows as best he can.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2008, 06:35:10 PM »
As the two of you split up...

[spoiler]But seriously, where are you headed?[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »
As the two of you split up...

[spoiler]But seriously, where are you headed?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Fuck if I know :P /poke JM[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2008, 05:22:36 PM »
[spoiler]To recap: the group of you attended the meeting in the basement of the temple, but were attacked by goblins.
You defeated the goblins only to find that somehow, the goblins had dragged off Jaedrus.
Tobias and Lyam were concerned and asked you to track down Jaedrus.  Lyam even decided to go with you.
After a bit of a mishap in direction, you finally manage to track down the area where the goblins fled to.[/spoiler]

Morning rolls around and gradually, you all awaken.  Some of you have grown accustomed to the smell and feel of the forest: a crisp, clean scent with some earthy "undertones".
However, that smell has been overpowered by the foul smell of a forge; a smell Telchar knows all too well.  In addition, smoke can be seen lingering in the air high above you, making testament to a fire of some sort.

You slowly, cautiously approach the camp, keeping a wary eye out for scouting parties and raiding parties of goblins.
In front of you, just past the edge of the trees, is a massive camp.  It looks as though the camp is about 1000 ft across; much larger than a standard camp of goblins should be.

You're sure that Jaedrus is somewhere in this camp but getting him out is going to require a plan, because taking this camp by force seems like a much more daunting task than taking out the kobold camp.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 09:14:04 PM by Dan2 »

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »
"It's said that discretion is the better part of valor.  In a simple fight, we'll lose.  No question."

Darius quietly grumbles.

"Any other thoughts?"

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2008, 11:37:06 AM »
"Perhaps we should sneak in and rescue?  I don't know if there's anything else around here we could use..."

[spoiler] Any chance to check around? [/spoiler]

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2008, 12:06:54 PM »
"Sounds like that may be our only option.  I don't think all of us should go in, though.  This may come as a shocker, but subtlety and stealth aren't my specialty."

Darius thumps his armor with his hand, making a sharp <Clang> sound.

"Anyone else got some ideas?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:17:35 PM by Darius Stronghand »

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »
If you look around, you find that the trees come up right to the edge of many of the tents and structures in the camp.  There are also some trees inside the camp, but they are not nearly as large as the ones surrounding it.

You can actually see the smoke rising from the forge and the fire toward the middle of the camp.  Those of you with good perception can tell that there are some semi-permanent structures close to the middle of the area.

[spoiler]If you're going within about 50ft of the camp, you'll need to make a stealth check.[/spoiler]

ymir

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2008, 12:10:56 AM »
"Agreed, stealth would be the best course of action against this many a number... but the escape itself has me slightly worried. Me getting in and out, no problem... Jaedrus and myself? That... might be difficult. As you said, clerics tend to not be very subtle."

[spoiler]I don't remember if he was actually wearing any armor or not, or just plain robes... but yeah, my concern stands.[/spoiler]

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2008, 01:29:40 AM »
"Gentlemen, I hate to break it to you, but this entire mission is difficult.  If it were easy, we could've asked Joe to take care of it for us.  Now, Carric, you seem to be the expert at this sort of thing.  Springing someone from jail, what and who do you need with you?  Firepower, extra hands, extra eyes, distractions... You're in charge right now.  Tell us what you need."  Darius nods pointedly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 02:29:52 AM by Darius Stronghand »

Huggles

« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2008, 05:09:41 AM »
"Aye, but if they've taken him prisoner, I'd doubt they'd let him keep his arms and armor on him, so unless they also happen to be more fancy relics o' his, we shouldn't be needing to worry about that."
[spoiler]I would laugh so hard if Jaedrus beat Darius without wearing any armor.[/spoiler]

linktheoriginal

« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »
[spoiler]Do we have any boulders?  A river?  How about a herd of stampeding animals?  An extremely large fireball?[/spoiler]

Skarrandar is staying quiet, not usually the one for plans.  "Whatever you need me to do...

ymir

« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2008, 11:52:48 PM »
"I have my tools... if we wait for nightfall the only thing left would be a distraction. Though that could go either way: them being more alert would generally make things a little more difficult for me, so the distraction would have to guarantee their movement away from their prison. The first order of business, however, would be to scout the place and figure out where he is. Having a plan wouldn't do much good if the plan didn't apply to the location..."

[spoiler]What roll do you need, Dan?[/spoiler]