Author Topic: 1,067,212 attacks in a single action  (Read 144511 times)

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
Re: 1,063,372 attacks in a single action
« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2008, 12:14:05 AM »
Each of the crescent shaped blades is also on fire.

Somehow, this line just makes me burst out laughing.

:lmao

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2008, 02:39:10 AM »
Everything's better with more fire.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2008, 03:12:14 AM »
Kay, so I finally got the entire description of this monstrosity.

As I started reading it, I was like this:  :D

That eventually turned to this:  :) (ignore the winking part, I wasn't actually winking)

I continued reading and did this:  :-\

then this:  :(

And because I was still reading, I finally did this:  :jawdrop

That thing is so frakking convoluted. It's going to take me a LONG while before I start to even attempt to draw it.

:weep  Why are there claws on everything? Why?

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2008, 03:14:48 AM »
Why are there claws on everything? Why?

Because every tentacle is also topped with a Gloves of Man so it can hold the knives. :D

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »
That thing is so frakking convoluted. It's going to take me a LONG while before I start to even attempt to draw it.
Did you miss the earlier version? :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2008, 08:21:32 PM »
LOL I saw it. I just wanted a shot at drawing it myself. It's so freaking ridiculous though! I won't be able to start on it for a week or so though...  :( Stupid school. 

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Heliomance

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2008, 06:09:18 AM »
Can you give a run-through of all resources used and which books to find them in?

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2008, 07:11:50 AM »
Can you give a run-through of all resources used and which books to find them in?

Dragonwrought - Races of the Dragon
Kobold - Monster Manual, Races of the Dragon
Leadership, Red Wizard - DMG
Psion - XPH
Half-Illithid - Fiend Folio
Obah-Blessed - Dungeon #136
Aberrant Limbs - ??
Half-Ogre - Dragon #313
Half-Golem - MM2
Incarnate Construct - Savage Species
Insectile - Savage Species
Tauric Creature - MM2
Monstrous Centipede - MM
Half-Troll - Fiend Folio
Half-Minotaur - Dragon #313
Half-Dragon - MM
Half-Farspawn - Lords of Madness
Half-Fiend (Bebilith) is linked in the OP.
Multiheaded - Savage Species
Pseudonatural - Many places, including CAr and Lords of Madness
Trait Removal - Serpent Kingdoms
Perfect Multiweapon Fighting - Epic Level Handbook
Embrace/Shun the Dark Chaos - Fiendish Codex II: Hordes of the Abyss
Eagle's Claw, Eagle's Fury - Sandstorm
Crescent Knives - Dragon #275
Gloves of Man - I *think* it's Savage Species
Aptitude weapon enhancement - Tome of Battle
Aboleth Tentacle - Fiend Folio
Snake Arm - Fiend Folio
Leg of Squid - Dragon #318
Sakkratar's Triple Strike - Lost Empires of Faerun
Girallon Arms - Magic of Incarnum
Fearsome Grapple - Spell Compendium
Worshipping Elder Evils - Elder Evils
Passive Way Monk, Whirling Frenzy Barbarian - Unearthed Arcana
Chaos Monk - Dragon #335
Totemist - Magic of Incarnum
Mahou-Bujin - Oriental Adventures
Shou Disciple - Unapproachable East
Warblade, Bloodstorm Blade - Tome of Battle
Master Thrower - CAd
Illithid Savant - Savae Species
Thousand Cuts (Dervish class ability) - CW
Linked Power, Metapower - CPsi

Also, the current calculations appear to be missing Girallon's Blessing and Arms of Plenty, from SC and LoM respectively, for another four arms. This might let us take out the Aptitude cheese.
I know gameology-fu.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2008, 03:12:51 PM »
Aberrant Limbs - DMG II
Pseudonatural - We used the Epic Pseudonatural template from Epic Level Handbook
Gloves of Man - I *think* it's Savage Species - correct

Also, the current calculations appear to be missing Girallon's Blessing and Arms of Plenty, from SC and LoM respectively, for another four arms. This might let us take out the Aptitude cheese.

I'll double check it. It's right. It's done weird, but both Girallon's Blessings (spell and totem) and Arms of Plenty are taken into account for the first number (49) of unarmed attacks.

Also, great run down Callix.  :love

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2008, 04:48:29 PM »
Aberrant Limbs - DMG II
Pseudonatural - We used the Epic Pseudonatural template from Epic Level Handbook
Gloves of Man - I *think* it's Savage Species - correct

I'll double check it. It's right. It's done weird, but both Girallon's Blessings (spell and totem) and Arms of Plenty are taken into account for the first number (49) of unarmed attacks.

Also, great run down Callix.  :love
Most of it's just effective use of the SurrealDex. The Comprehensive Lists, the Master Template List and the DragonDex can get you the source of everything but the items not in Dragon magazines. Seeing as I suggested grafts in the first place, I can remember where most of the equipment is from.
I know gameology-fu.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #231 on: November 20, 2008, 04:08:51 PM »
Quote from: skydragonknight
On the combat maneuver section of Telekinesis it says: "Alternatively, once per round..." with no action listed(other than the action required to concentrate on the spell as normal).
So performing a combat maneuver-which becomes a full attack with the class feature in question-does not require any additional action other than concentrating, but can still be done only once per round per spell. So it would appear you can make as many full attacks as telekinesis spells you are concentrating on.

Multiple telekinesis spells: function normally when they have different targets, but because of magic stacking rules, if two spells of the same name share the same target, the effects overlap and only the most recent applies.
The kicker: there is no way to tell from the text whether the most recently cast spell or the spell most recently targeting the creature/object has priority; both interpretations are fair.

Discuss.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: November 20, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »
Discuss.

Would require multiple actions to keep up concentration on multiple spells, or even to make one full attack and then concentrate on the spell. Not to mention that you'd get a max (with this build's extra attacks) of 42 attacks for each aptitude crescent knife you used TK on.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »
Discuss.

Would require multiple actions to keep up concentration on multiple spells, or even to make one full attack and then concentrate on the spell. Not to mention that you'd get a max (with this build's extra attacks) of 42 attacks for each aptitude crescent knife you used TK on.

Fuck. Well, it was worth a shot.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2008, 09:09:24 PM »
Discuss.

Wouldn't the Sonorous Hum(SC 196) spell deal with the concentration bit?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2008, 07:43:17 AM »
Wouldn't the Sonorous Hum(SC 196) spell deal with the concentration bit?

Still takes multiple actions. Everything used in the actual number of attacks is all part of the same full attack action. There's not even any free actions used.

That's what's so awesome about the thing in my mind.

It's not just 1 million attacks in one round.

It's 1 million attacks in one action.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2009, 01:51:53 AM »
Don't use mind switch. Use mind seed. It becomes you, mind and soul. You may then use form of doom as is only fitting for such a monstrosity.

Hooray for tentacles.

If levels are a problem, use psychic reformation to nab metamorphosis and Metamorphic Transfer, then turn into a barghest, feed on some hapless commoners, and then proceed.

Alternatively, manifest mind switch on the monstrosity, then manifest astral seed. Kill yourself immediately. When you come back, you do so as the monstrosity. This is now your original body.

Also, why isn't a 12-headed hydra with the multiheaded template in there? Gate one in and use fusion on it. Maybe you can do so after the mind switch but before the astral seed. Then use form of doom.

Can hydras even take the multiheaded template?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:08:28 AM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2009, 02:11:22 AM »
Don't use mind switch. Use mind seed. It becomes you, mind and soul. You may then use form of doom as is only fitting for such a monstrocity.

Except that mind seed would be cast be the cohort, not the kobold and the templated beast is not a valid target for mind seed. Plus the level loss problems.

TMS is vastly superior to Mind Seed, especially since it lets you switch a non-psionic character with a non-psionic character and leave the psionic caster in his original body.

Alternatively, manifest mind switch on the monstrosity, then manifest astral seed. Kill yourself immediately. When you come back, you do so as the monstrosity. This is now your original body.

Level loss. Barghest's gain HD for feeding, not class levels. Class levels are what we need to keep the multiplications up.

Also, why isn't a multiheaded 12-headed hydra in there? Gate one in and use fusion on it.

What would that accomplish? We already have 12 heads, and fusion doesn't grant additional limbs. Plus it breaks 'no fusion.' Because if we're going to use fusion, we may as well use fusion on everything we can find and become much stronger than this. It's outside the bounds of this goal.

Can hydras even take the multiheaded template?

By RaW, yes, as they do, technically, possess a discernible head. They also happen to posses others at the same time.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2009, 02:13:55 AM »
You can always polymorph any object it into a humanoid.

Also, recheck my post. I edited it.

[edit] A 12 headed hydra with the multiheaded template should have up to 19 heads, altogether. Fun-fun.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:17:52 AM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2009, 02:18:36 AM »
You can always polymorph any object it into a humanoid.

Also, recheck my post. I edited it.

Yes, and I added a note about your question on the multi-headed hydra. ;)

Still, neither of those gets around the problem of losing actual class levels, which the Barghest can't make up.