Author Topic: More Things That Make You LOL  (Read 367196 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: More Things That Make You LOL
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2009, 12:30:35 AM »
I have no words for what you guys have done to this thread. Now, back to topic! Get a room or something.

How about "GODDAMMIT, they japanese'd up the thread again!"
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2009, 01:18:38 AM »
Tshern, you just gave me an idea. Mind providing me with some Finnish phrases for my Druid? I need something exotic, obscure, and unintelligible for when he casts his spells and chants in Druidic. :D
Sure, anything. You want me to translate something for you, want me to come up with something from your ideas or just come up with something Druid-like? Send me a PM.

Handy Links

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2009, 09:25:21 AM »
I have no words for what you guys have done to this thread. Now, back to topic! Get a room or something.

What, you want the thread Finished up then? :drums

keki ga hoshi desu yo!

MINNA keki ga hoshii desu.
keki means either cake or vigour. "hoshi" means star. "minna" means everyone. "desu" means is. "yo" means exclamation mark.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 09:33:16 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »

What, you want the thread Finished up then? :drums

keki ga hoshi desu yo!

MINNA keki ga hoshii desu.
keki means either cake or vigour. "hoshi" means star. "minna" means everyone. "desu" means is. "yo" means exclamation mark.

Again, close. In this context, hoshii means to desire. BimR said she wants cake. I replied by saying EVERYONE wants cake.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »
Anyway, here's your catgirls and food:

I do believe it is 1-up time now. :D You want catgirls? I'll bury you in catgirls.

(Note that Lucy's horns are not, technically, cat ears. They do look the part, though.)
On-topic, too, as that pic never fails to make me laugh.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »
This topic has shifted to catgirls.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2009, 01:23:44 PM »
No, but one DOES say Kuro wa kuruma ga motteiru.  :) Ga is used to denote possession in conjunction with iru or aru (as well as existence as pointed out before). Sorry if that wasn't clear.
True enough, and I agree with this. I was more going against the English translation to 's, as that's better fitted (most often) with 'no'.

On topic though: The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »
No, but one DOES say Kuro wa kuruma ga motteiru.  :) Ga is used to denote possession in conjunction with iru or aru (as well as existence as pointed out before). Sorry if that wasn't clear.
True enough, and I agree with this. I was more going against the English translation to 's, as that's better fitted (most often) with 'no'.

Agreed. And sorry if I wasn't clear before.  :D

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »
No, but one DOES say Kuro wa kuruma ga motteiru.  :) Ga is used to denote possession in conjunction with iru or aru (as well as existence as pointed out before). Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Oh god, I just remembered a funny story.

Okay. So while I was at GSE, we would have guest speakers every week or so. This week, we had a large, ex-Navy college professor come to speak to us. He reminded me of James Earl Jones, and not just because he was black and resembled him in several ways. He had the voice, too. In addition, the man would alternate between "cheerful, likeable, funny" and "fucking terrifying" at the drop of a hat. He was there to talk about relationships, of all things. Not what I would have expected, but hey, he was interesting, and a lot of what he said made sense (even if I didn't always agree).

However.

At one point, when he was discussing how your prospective partner should be respectful of your quirks, he told us that "I do NOT celebrate my birthday", and that he always becomes irritated when people ask him why he doesn't as though there were something wrong with it, or when people bring him a cake. You may be able to see where this is going by now.

When he paused for questions, I immediately got into the queue. I don't recall the exact wording of the question--something about respect--but I wound up asking him "Would you say that the cake is a lie?" He paused, looked thoughtful for a second or two, and said, "Yes. The cake is a lie." Which made it twice as great--not only had I successfully pulled the question off, he had repeated the meme word for word.

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:37 PM »
I've only played a demo of Portal. I can't remember any cake being promissed :shrug

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2009, 12:31:15 AM »
I've only played a demo of Portal. I can't remember any cake being promissed :shrug

It was near the last puzzle, so way beyond what the demo would have shown you.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2009, 01:38:48 AM »
So at work yesterday we had quite a few...hilarious incidents.  First off, the prep guy that day has a girlfriend who is pregnant and due any day now (getting induced Friday, as I found out today).  So one of the openers, at around noon or so (Saturday, actually, not yesterday, but oh well) called the front of the house of our restaurant and basically said "This is the hospital, 'prep dude's girlfriend is in labor".  So the bartender comes back, tells prep dude, prep dude: "Oh FUCK!" and darts towards the door.  The manager holds him back and points to the opener who is cracking up.  hilarity ensues.

Something that actually did happen yesterday, one of our microwaves is out of commission, it sits on a shelf above our bun toaster, and so we have a temp one set up off to the side.  I needed to heat something up in it, and when it went off, I look back and the opener is trying to put a kaiser bun in the broken mic because he heard the timer go off on the temp one.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2009, 11:24:51 AM »

Nope. It's mentioned at multiple points throughout the game.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2009, 12:25:40 PM »

Glados promised cake throughout the game, but the meme didn't occur until the Room Full or Crazy near the end.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2009, 11:18:06 AM »

Glados promised cake throughout the game, but the meme didn't occur until the Room Full or Crazy near the end.

Is it not hidden behind the walls quite early on in the game? Was a long time since I played it (have to fix that), but I think you could find the text written in those little rooms behind the walls after a fairly short while...

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »

Is it not hidden behind the walls quite early on in the game? Was a long time since I played it (have to fix that), but I think you could find the text written in those little rooms behind the walls after a fairly short while...

You could.

Unrelated: Someone hacked my friend's wow account. He got it restored by blizzard. Want to know what the hacker did?
-Farmed for 20 minutes.
-Made a Death Knight and played it through the into instance.

That's it. Didn't take any stuff, didn't sell any characters. Nothing else.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2009, 07:00:35 PM »
I haven't been feeling well lately. I've been on and off with a flu or cold. I'm not QUITE sick but I'm fighting SOMETHING and it's really just fucking annoying me.

Anyway!

I was really cranky this morning when I got to my 8am class and my teacher came in 20 minutes late. So instead of being productive, which I really couldn't will myself to do since I felt really sick... I drew him.

I drew him as the Black Canary because he had been giving me so much grief about "dressing up like a slut," and I drew him as a Satyr playing a flute. They're both publicly displayed in the room he teaches in now for all to see.

They turned out nicely, considering I didn't waste a lot of time on them. :D

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
I haven't been feeling well lately. I've been on and off with a flu or cold. I'm not QUITE sick but I'm fighting SOMETHING and it's really just fucking annoying me.

Anyway!

I was really cranky this morning when I got to my 8am class and my teacher came in 20 minutes late. So instead of being productive, which I really couldn't will myself to do since I felt really sick... I drew him.

I drew him as the Black Canary because he had been giving me so much grief about "dressing up like a slut," and I drew him as a Satyr playing a flute. They're both publicly displayed in the room he teaches in now for all to see.

They turned out nicely, considering I didn't waste a lot of time on them. :D

Teachers should really not have any say about any aspect of your life but your grades.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »
In retrospective I laugh at my teachers timing. We had an excursion of the area around campus where we looked at plants the day before yesterday, and of course it rained a lot (for the first time in two weeks). Yesterday it was sunny and warm, barely a cloud to be seen. Today we went out again to look at bug-traps and also how you catch fish with an electronic gizmo that did not kill them. Of course it started pouring once again. And as if Murphy was not laughing enough already it stopped raining when we started walking back and there is no more rain predicted for the time being.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2009, 03:37:36 PM »
This old Christmas picture :lol

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol