Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160379 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2011, 02:01:03 AM »
It's in the Expedition to Demonweb Pits.
Just double checking. So, Corrupted Creature and Corrupted by the Abyss are the same template, just updated to 3.5?

I know I shouldn't question it because it says right in there that the template first appeared, but they got rid of the vile damage.

Q 88 Is vile damage just not done anymore in 3.5? Just wondering because the Corrupted Creature template lost it when it got updated.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:19:52 AM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2011, 03:25:42 AM »
Elder Evils and/or Champions of Ruin have vile damage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2011, 03:30:16 AM »
Elder Evils and/or Champions of Ruin have vile damage
Elder Evils has two feats that'll do it, but don't see anything on CoR. As for the Corrupted Creature, it used to do 1/2 HD up to 20 in vile damage. Now you have to take a feat just to do 1 point, and the 3.5 version of the template just does more natural attack damage in general.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2011, 03:50:45 AM »
I wasn't sure which one I was thinking of.

At least that template got an update ;)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2011, 03:53:02 AM »
I wasn't sure which one I was thinking of.

At least that template got an update ;)
Yeah, that's true. I guess I could always add back in the vile damage for an additional +1 CR under the "Improving Monsters" by "Adding Special Abilities" section.

Jedda

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2011, 07:24:39 AM »
Q89: I'm looking for an arcane spell, I'm pretty sure it was in a sidebar in an Eberron book. It covers the fact that someone is not in their true shape. The fluff was that it was a Rakshasa spell.

I found it

A89: Cloak of the Khyber Sor/Wiz 3, pg 59 City of Stormreach
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:12:31 AM by Jedda »

Bard

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
Q90: Crossbow Sniper (PHB2) and Dead Eye (DC) ... does the range of Dead Eye increase to 60ft too? (I think not, but I'm hoping there's something I've missed)
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
Q 91 Where can I find the "Clouting" weapon property? Have an NPC with a +2 Clouting Spiked Guantlet, and it doesn't tell me what it does (other than Fort DC 19), or where it's from.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2011, 04:41:36 PM »
Q 91 Where can I find the "Clouting" weapon property? Have an NPC with a +2 Clouting Spiked Guantlet, and it doesn't tell me what it does (other than Fort DC 19), or where it's from.
A 91

Complete Arcane, page 143. On each hit, the target needs to save against that DC or be knocked back, then if they failed save again or be stunned for a round.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2011, 05:02:19 PM »
Q90: Crossbow Sniper (PHB2) and Dead Eye (DC) ... does the range of Dead Eye increase to 60ft too? (I think not, but I'm hoping there's something I've missed)

Not from what I can tell, most the 'sneak attack' extenders only apply to just sneak attack, not generic bonuses that apply like sneak attack.

Archao

« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »
To add to the above statement, if you can't find a ruling in your favor, you might attempt to have it allowed, using the logic that sneak attack, dead eye, etc are precision damage, and that crossbow sniper would affect them all as if it stated precision damage.

Scerpico

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »

Q92: Is it worthwhile/possible to stack ancestral relic,item familiar and the Soulbound weapon ACF for psychic warriors?

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2011, 09:21:06 PM »
Q93
I'm building a Beholder Mage using, Divine Minion of Thoth, Abberant Wild Shape and Assume Supernatural Abiltiy. I can't decide whether to go with Rainbow Servant, incantatrix or to mix it up with Ur-Priest and go Mystic Theuge. It's a level 15 build, and I really want to be able to persist my spells, but would also love to throw some cleric spells in there. What do I do?
So the simple question is: What is better, Beholder Mage 3/Incantatrix 10/Something 2 (probably arcane archer or something silly); Beholder Mage 1/Rainbow Servant 10/Incantatrix 4 (probably some fighter type); Or Beholder Mage 1/Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theuge 8/Incantatrix 4.

Ps. My base race could be just about anything, so I guess I could be a Gnome and go Shadowcraft mage, but is that better than Incantatrix?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »
Q93
I'm building a Beholder Mage using, Divine Minion of Thoth, Abberant Wild Shape and Assume Supernatural Abiltiy. I can't decide whether to go with Rainbow Servant, incantatrix or to mix it up with Ur-Priest and go Mystic Theuge. It's a level 15 build, and I really want to be able to persist my spells, but would also love to throw some cleric spells in there. What do I do?
So the simple question is: What is better, Beholder Mage 3/Incantatrix 10/Something 2 (probably arcane archer or something silly); Beholder Mage 1/Rainbow Servant 10/Incantatrix 4 (probably some fighter type); Or Beholder Mage 1/Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theuge 8/Incantatrix 4.

Ps. My base race could be just about anything, so I guess I could be a Gnome and go Shadowcraft mage, but is that better than Incantatrix?
I would say that at a glance, Beholder Mage 1/RS 10/Incantatrix 4 looks the best. You get a lot of metamagic goodies, no CL loss, no having to keep track of more than one CL and you are STILL delightfully SAD.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Demelain

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2011, 12:00:02 AM »
Q94
If a Killoren (Fey) has levels of Spirit Shaman, does it harm itself when using Chastise Spirit? Does Blessing of the Spirits adversely effect it?

Zebu

« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2011, 12:00:29 AM »
Q95  Is there a list of Feywild creatures anywhere, other than the entry in Manual of the Planes?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2011, 03:46:30 AM »
Q95  Is there a list of Feywild creatures anywhere, other than the entry in Manual of the Planes?
A95: Somewhere in 4E.

Actual answer: There's no such thing as the Feywild in 3.X. Perhaps you mean the Beastlands? Or another plane? In either case, Planar Handbook has a random encounter chart for such planes.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Zebu

« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2011, 04:00:13 AM »
A95: Somewhere in 4E.

Actual answer: There's no such thing as the Feywild in 3.X. Perhaps you mean the Beastlands? Or another plane? In either case, Planar Handbook has a random encounter chart for such planes.
How about the Plane of Faerie, then?

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2011, 04:23:04 AM »
The Plane of Faerie was really only mentioned in the Manual of the Planes.

Zebu

« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2011, 04:27:54 AM »
Bugger.  You see, my GM asked me to play a Planar Shepherd (yes, you read that right) of the Feywild.  So I'm tearing my hair out trying to find a way to do that using official material.  Can you guys suggest any inhabitants for the area, besides the Eladrin, the Formorians, and the fey in the SRD?