Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98339 times)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #960 on: August 11, 2009, 02:26:58 PM »
Surprised by Richard's brash actions, Loder fumbles the rifle and drops it to the floor.  The thought flashes across his mind: He'll never make it back before those cannibals get here!  I need a rope!

Loder rushes forward through the mules to where he saw the coiled rope on the floor of the main cabin and hurriedly snatches it up (L14).
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #961 on: August 12, 2009, 06:59:03 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

seeing as everything was in bone's capable (if unsteady) hands Russo moved up to the prow of the boat and tugged the tarp off of the large gun resting on its tripod like a sleeping tiger, opening the box attached to the Receiver he pulled the belt of .30 bullets, closed the top and cocked the weapon.

"Eizen! spot for me! tell me where they are!" he shouted behind him, wheeled the long gun around and opened fire on the closest set of torches

[spoiler]let er' rip!! 22 to hit! ohhh I love the smell of cordite in the morning 12 for damage[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 01:02:02 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #962 on: August 12, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »
Hearing the splash of someone apparently falling in the water John rushes over to the back of the boat, only to find Richard trying to swim as a crapload of cannibals approach.

"What the fuck is going on here, Doc?!" he yells as he starts to take aim at one of the boats full of cannibals.

[spoiler]Double move to L20, will provide cover fire for our limey next round.[/spoiler]

Ammunition update:
[spoiler]Tranter revolver: 1 shot fired out of 5, so 4 left;
Tommygun: 40 shots fired out of 101, so 61 left[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:13:52 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #963 on: August 12, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »
[ Bones & Pingo, your actions please. Then the round will end. ]
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #964 on: August 13, 2009, 05:36:42 AM »
[spoiler]Don't forget me![/spoiler]
Knowing he had only the two shots left, Eisen put his handgun down to save it for a rainy moment, and pulled up his rifle to his shoulder. "Aim where you see bodies not on this boat!" If Richard got himself shot, that was his problem. Why was he in the damned water anyways? Lifting up his rifle and taking aim, he fired a shot near the closest boat he could see. Using the grenades might be a good thought, but in the dark with such small boats, not a smooth idea at all; they'd have to wait for another time...

[spoiler]Is a spot check actually needed, or are they close enough that we can just lay waste to them?
HP: 26/37
Shots after this action: 4
Move Action: "Draw" the Gewehr 43
Standard Action: To hit: 23, Damage: 17
Day-um! Alri', let's waste these fuckers!

Handgun put down as free action, has three bullets left.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:38:36 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #965 on: August 13, 2009, 06:15:43 AM »
Pingo looks around but doesn't see any enemies on the deck so stays close to his drunken companion for now. He would more likely than not leave the man's side even if he wasn't drunk, this was his only real friend.

[spoiler]Holding my action unless Bones moves to a certain square. If he does so then I would like to use my holded action to follow him and put my character in front of Bones if possible, if not then on either side of him, and finally if no other way possible, even behind him. Having no real ranged weapons I don't think there is much I can do at this point, plus it makes sense for my character to do this really.[/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #966 on: August 13, 2009, 10:17:07 PM »
Bones has forfeited his turn.

Bones having pulled in the anchor, turns to Pingo and slurs, "Come on, Pingo! Les get this lady MOVING!"

Bones enters the foredeck doors, and into the main cabin where he turns and rushes up the stairs.
He starts the boat...

Cannibals in the dugouts begin to howl in fury as they begin to see the Halcon ready to depart-- They try to paddle faster...

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:12:56 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #967 on: August 14, 2009, 02:43:18 AM »
[spoiler]Free action, outside of initiative, before Richard's action:[/spoiler]

Loder shouts as loud as he can, hoping the screaming cannibals don't drown his voice out.  "Richard!  Grab the rope!"
PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #968 on: August 14, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »
ROUND #9

"What rope?! I don't *coff* see any bloody rope you dizzy yank!" Richard sputters as his head pops above the water. There was no rope that he could see.

He hears the sound of the motor starting, and he realizes that he's running out of time. He swims the short distance towards where the body of Esteban is floating and grabs the young man, tilting his head back and out of the river water.

He had no idea if Esteban was still alive, but this was not the time to stop to check for a pulse. He hoped to God that Loder was about to toss them a line... otherwise, this day was going to get a whole lot worse.

*PAKAKKAKAKAKKAKAKAKKAKAKAKAKAKAAKA--*

He could hear the sound of Russo's heavy machine gun open up and tear through the jungle night like a series of rapid explosions-- the man must have gotten a hold of one of his "ladies" at the fore deck. Struggling in the water Richard could just make out one of the dugouts as one of hits toche bearing occupants was ripped to shreds in a hail of burning lead. Those others savages that shared that one's dugout dove off into the water as to not receive the same treatment.

Other shots rang out in the night-- These bloody cannibals may have had the numbers this evening, but we had civilized technology to beat them back. God save the Queen, he thought idly.

Everyone
[spoiler]Okay, we're close to the end of this combat so I'm not going to worry about your relative positions that much on the battle map. There are no cannibals left alive on deck as it is, just keep doing what you need to do to escape these bastards, and onec you're clear initiative order will come to an end...

... unless the cannibals get on the boat of course... Which will happen at the start of round #11... that is unless Richard grabs the rope, and is able to be pulled to safety-- Bones doesn't know to wait for any "man overboard!" and with these cannibals closeing in on his baby, El Halcon... He may not care to wait anyway.

So get Richard and Esteban to safety THIS round... or Richard is going to be swimming in a cook pot next!
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:43:54 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #969 on: August 14, 2009, 12:46:39 PM »
Loder throws the rope out, trying to get it as close to Richard as possible, while bracing himself for the weight of the two men.
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #970 on: August 14, 2009, 07:02:11 PM »
[spoiler]I'll delay my turn until after Doctor Loder. If he can pull in Richard on his own, I'll provide cover fire. If not, I'll drop my Tommygun and help him pull our limey onboard :)[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #971 on: August 15, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »
Eisen moves to The Doctor, waiting to see if they need help dragging the Brit up. Once sliding into place next to them, he shouts "Just swim towards the boat! You'll FIND the damn rope if you can get here FAST!" If he'd had his flashlight, he could have spot the rope for him. Keeping his rifle up and his ears open, Eisen holds the trigger lightly, ready to let it fall on it's strap if his strength is needed.

[spoiler]Moves to Loder, and like John will try to help bring him up.[/spoiler]

jacemachine