Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98337 times)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #840 on: July 22, 2009, 01:10:12 AM »
Strapping on his pistol, Loder looks sharply at the kid.  "Trouble.  Get under the bunk and stay there until I come get you."
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #841 on: July 22, 2009, 01:31:52 AM »
Richard lifts his rifle and shoots at the figure drawing his arm back.

[spoiler]
Hit: 9
Damage: 9

My gun makes more noise.   :P
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #842 on: July 22, 2009, 01:36:49 AM »
*Ka-BOOOOOM--!!!!*

Richard's gun rocks the jungle night, sounding like a peal of thunder having crashed down. Sadly, he wasn't expecting them to be above him-- his aim was a little off...

{alright... before I will continue I will await everyone's initiatives... unless you're AWOL. Then you'll just have to come in later}
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #843 on: July 22, 2009, 05:38:43 AM »
At the first shot, Eisen sat fully up from the couch he'd collapsed into (at E7) - not an uncommon method of wary sleep for the German, rifle in his lap quickly raised to his shoulder - and peered around the room. As Richards gun goes off, Eisen stands at a combat ready crouch, aiming at a shadow he sees, though sways somewhat as his not-warm muscles attempt to move much more quickly than they should have, the bleary man taking a few seconds to come to terms with his surroundings.

[spoiler]Initiative: 3

Dude, natural 1. Fuuuuuuck!  :fo[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: July 22, 2009, 06:35:50 AM »
[spoiler]Current location: G9

Initiative: 12
Listen: 18
Spot: 13
[/spoiler]

"Shit! What was that!" John hisses as he jumps up from the couch, grabbing his SMG as he listens and scans the area for any hostile activity.

"Eisen, Russo, you awake? You see or hear anything?" he asks as he peers through the room, his Tommygun at the ready.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #845 on: July 22, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »
[spoiler]

20the roller fudged my rolls a couple of times so I'm just going off the roll I actually saw lol if you find any other and find them more preferable then feel free to make Russo slower/faster[/spoiler]

Russo starts awake as the gun cracks like thunder, bleary eyed and drooling on the chessboard he sits up suddenly in the chair ((E9))

"Shit! what was that!" cried John

"whosamattawhatsit?" is Russo mumbled response, he looks around blinking "its just a storm" he says rubbing his eyes taking stock of Eisen's flitting "gees you two are jumpy this morning."

[spoiler]hmmmm what is the light like in this room? did we turn out the lamps before we went to sleep? since this is a steam driven boat that must mean we have gas or oil lanterns unless bones has a generator stashed away somewhere that would probably mean we extinguished them for fear of burning the boat down. and if its dark that means we see nothing right? or if its a candle's worth of light thats 5ft[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 04:13:20 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #846 on: July 22, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »
OOC:
[spoiler]Yeah, first action should probably to turn on the lights :D[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #847 on: July 22, 2009, 11:27:52 AM »
Two oil lamps burn within their glass encasing. One lantern is on the table in the Galley, the other is hanging from a hook in the ceiling in the lounge. They were turned down low, and at current, low on oil as well...
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #848 on: July 22, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »
[spoiler]Is there enought light for us to be effective in combat, or do we need to turn the lights up some more? If so, where are they located and what kind of action is it to turn them up some more?[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #849 on: July 23, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »
ROUND #1

Initiative order:

18 Richard
18 Cannibals
13* Russo
12 Kestrel
12 Cannibals
8 Loder
7 Pingo
3 Eisen
3 Bones
0** Max

Richard-- Go! (But that Sharp's Big Fifty you wield is a single shot rifle, it is a Full-Round action to clear it(a half to clear the chamber, and another half to load another .50 cal shell. You still do get a free 5-foot action. Maybe if you hide amongst the asses they won't notice you. :P)

The rest of you...If you wish to post your action early, and allow it to "go off" in Sequence, go ahead. If you aren't immediately in combat, this shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Pingo Init Updated

* I found this other one, but I did see the one that was totally nerfed, as well. I can understand if this one hadn't come up. But I have to use it.
** I am awaiting an Initiative Roll from you.

Lighting is considered to be Shadows. Characters in shadows can make a hide check to conceal one's self. Character in shadows can see dimly. They also are considered to half one-half concealment.

The two lanterns in the lounge have a radius of 20'. You aren't sure how much life is left in them, but not more than a half hour's worth. Laterns cast bright light, anything within is not considered in Shadows.

You also have flashlights.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:21:50 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #850 on: July 23, 2009, 12:48:18 AM »
Quickly, Eisen realizes that, with the one of them down with them, the gun fire seemingly had not come from where he was. Eisen heads upstairs, replacing the rifle on his shoulder while taking out his as yet unused Walther P38, and a flashlight in the other hand. Ideally, he heads out to investigate the problem and pull anyone else downstairs to a more defendable position.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:35:21 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #851 on: July 23, 2009, 01:46:35 AM »
Loder stands by the door, his pistol shaking slightly in his hand.

[spoiler]Ready action: if anyone opens this door and Loder doesn't recognize them, he will take a 5 foot step back and shoot.[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #852 on: July 23, 2009, 03:18:39 AM »
Richard shoots at the same figure he did before.

[spoiler]
I have the quick reload feat.  Full-round action reload my ass.   :P

Hit: 23
Damage: 20

[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine