Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98327 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #820 on: July 20, 2009, 04:41:02 AM »
Pingo walked back and forth, pacing as he kept a careful eye on the tree line. Spear laid over his shoulder like a rifle, his machete sheathed, but his hand laid on it nonetheless. His eyes were open wide, trying to get as much moon light as possible. He silently chuckled as he thought about his joke on The Kid. It was the usual really, he often frightened The Kid for fun.

Pingo paused to listen carefully and take another scan of his surroundings, it paid to pay attention in the jungle. He had learned that the hard way.

[spoiler]First roll Listen: Second roll Spot: (1d20+2=15, 1d20+3=14)[/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #821 on: July 20, 2009, 12:04:36 PM »

The treeline is incredibly hard to discern, much less anything else for that matter. The cloud cover, and the constant down-pouring of rain make it close to impossible to to see anything, let alone hear much.

But still the two of you keep watch.

Sleepily, Esteban wakes up. He shuffles into the rain to pee over the side. He gives Richard and Pingo a sleepy grin afterward. ".

He shuffles back to his sleeping back, taking the path from the upper cabin between the sleeping mules. (18-M)
The man cries aloud frantically-- it is a short-lived cry* as the man's body slumps to the deck, much like as if he fainted.

[Richard and Pingo. Please give me your positions based upon the grid shown on the map above. And your immediate actions, please. I imagine that due to the heavy rains that you wouldn't LIKELY be just standing in the rain outside of the main cabin. Also, there are a lot of animals packed into that rear section.]

*[spoiler]Already I can tell that some of you are like "Hey! Did we hear that?" You might have. PM me a listen check, but remember, the DC is significantly higher due to the normal volume of the frogs and rainfall. Also If you are not on watch at this moment, you are sleeping and suffer a -10 as well. Pleasant dreams![/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:17:06 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #822 on: July 21, 2009, 03:26:53 AM »
Due to the rain, Richard was in the wheelhouse.  He had opened all of the windows to give him a clear shot at whatever he might spot.  When he heard the cry, he ran to the back and looked around, trying to figure out what happened.

[spoiler]
End position: K 19

Doing sweep as described in character sheet
Spot check: 18

Man, invisiblecastle has really been hating me lately.
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #823 on: July 21, 2009, 06:32:04 AM »
Pingo had currently wandered to L6 area. Pingo, although mute, was definitely not deaf in the least bit, he heard the the shout as well. Pulling his machete out of it's sheath, he raised it up, his spear still on his shoulder, looking around in his immediate vicinity for danger. Pingo then lowered his spear, a feeling telling him that combat would soon be at hand.

[spoiler]Spot lol three...do I even need to post a link. I see shit.[/spoiler]

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #824 on: July 21, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »
Russo passed out on the sofa once more, slept on. Blissfully unaware of any spanish shouting or any other noise for that matter.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #825 on: July 21, 2009, 12:22:24 PM »
As Richard leaves the wheelhouse, he comes down the stairs to pass Pingo in the main cabin. The two share a silent cautious look, before the move to opposite ends of the boat.

Pingo
[spoiler]
Pingo goes into the front section, waiting by the closed door (the wheelhouse directly above his head, standing at L-6). There are two life bouys, each on an opposite wall from the other.

There is a small porthole in the front door that leads out onto the fore deck. Damn! It's dark outside!

What are you doing next? Also, I need another Listen check, please.[/spoiler]

Richard
[spoiler]
No further sounds other than Richard's own and Pingo's, and the blasted rain... Richard makes his way through the upper cabin, towards the aft deck. The rear double doors hang ajar-- left that way presumably by the passing of Esteban. Richard quickly visually sweeped across the cabin's interior, and outside the windows as he passed. He noted nothing unusual... which of course just made him more paranoid.

Richard slipped through the open space between the double doors, and careful made his way between the rows of mules asses. Out here the rain was louder-- no bulkheads to muffle the drizzle. And again those damned frogs.

He found his way to K-19, just outside the protective tarp. Two forms lay on the deck at M-18. In the gloom he could barely make out that they were the brothers.

What are you doing next? Also, I need another Listen check, please.[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:36:05 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #826 on: July 21, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »
Richard tightens his grip on his rifle and moves closer, kneeling down so that he can check to make sure that both brothers are still alive.

[spoiler]
Listen: 25

That's better.   :D
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:57:34 PM by Nanshork »
Notes to self

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #827 on: July 21, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
Pingo paces still, periodically pausing to listen the noises outside, listening for an anomaly. His machete was in one hand, his spear still laid on his shoulder. Pingo would have licked his lips if he had a tongue, something was out there, he could sense it, but would it strike? When? What was that presence?

Pingo looked out the porthole, tensing up a bit, if there was combat to be found he would relish it. Pingo had long trained himself for combat should he encounter the cannibals again.

Listen Check: ... eww... Listen Check (1d20+2=9)

Spot Check: Yay, a good roll for once! Spot Check (1d20+4=19)

PoliosRevenge

• Noob
  • Like motarboating...only with your fists.....
    • Email
« Reply #828 on: July 21, 2009, 08:50:16 PM »
As soon as Harrison's eyes pop open the room begins to spin. The pressure from his bladder waking him from his drunken slumber. Trying not to move too much, lest he get the spins worse Harrison spots a light passing through the hatch in his ceiling. Shadows move past the moonlight. He reaches for his sidearm hanging from the post on his bed slowly as to no make a sound. Slowly Harrison rolls from his bed and uses it as cover.

Who the hell is sneaking into my goddam room. They'd better not spill my brandy...if there's any left

Hide (1d20+1-4=17)

Move Silently (1d20-3=8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:54:51 PM by PoliosRevenge »
Nothing quite like baby stew......

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #829 on: July 21, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »
Richard
[spoiler]
The rain falls down about his head and shoulders, slicked-off thanks to the poncho he wore, yet it came in sheets. Heavy droplets rain down his British pith helmet.

Bending down he checks on the status of the brothers. In the darkness it was difficult to see but Esteban had a pulse. When Richard reached to check Paco's neck for a pulse, his fingers found themselves covered in a slick yet sticky substance. There was also something very wrong with the man's throat-- it had been sliced open. Paco was dead.

Perhaps it was the sound of the stretching canvas above and behind him, but Richard looked up in time to see the shadows of two figures, cloaked in the darkness. Their silhouettes darker than the sky itself.

Richard Roll Initiative![/spoiler]

Pingo
[spoiler]Pingo peers intently through the porthole in the doorway out onto the darkened foredeck. With all the rain, it's nearly impossible to see anything-- But you managed to...

Out there on the fore deck, near the hatch that leads directly through the ceiling of Pingo's best friend's cabin. The last Pingo had seen Bones, the man had drank too much, and passed out early. Drunk as a jungle tick. There seems to be at least two shadows out there... but there could be more.

What is Pingo's action?
[/spoiler]

Bones
[spoiler]
A shadowy figured drops through the opened hatch. Bones could hear the rain coming in as well. Neither were invited, and now the rain was going to ruin his dresser as well. Dammit.

The figure freezes, looking around the room, looking for anyone who may be sleeping in the bed. The rumpled bedsheets and blankets give the impression that there still is a body in the bed. The figure stands quietly, staring towards the bed... hesitantly as if the intruder is unsure of what he is seeing.

For the time being... the intruder seems unaware of you. (I'm going to assume that you are hiding at F6). There is a closed door to the lounge behind you. Between two and three of the group had slept there the previous night. If you are lucky, perhaps you can alert them to trouble... or you can try to sneak up behind the Intruder and shoot him in the back.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:55:21 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #830 on: July 21, 2009, 09:48:06 PM »
[spoiler]
Initiative: 18
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

jacemachine