Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98341 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2009, 05:27:34 PM »
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

"we could split up" Russo chips in, finally on the same level as the others

"the less conspicuous of us could go in via this hulk whereas those who look like they don't belong could sip out in the fishing boat, land somewhere else and we could all meet up at our new guide's house within twelve hours. Then with our guide we can assess the situation from there. Also if we do that then mr Eisen here can go cuddle up to the Nazi find out their plan of action and help lead us away from it when we meet up."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:15:35 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »
"That actually doesn't sound like a bad plan, but I do need a way to gain access to my supplies that will be unloaded in the harbor."
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Neull//

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
I am going with the fishing boat Max shrugs

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2009, 01:55:42 AM »
Dr. Loder listens intently, then pipes in.  "I agree with Russo.  We should stay in Santa Boca at least until we can get a better idea of conditions in the area.  No sense in rushing off only to find a Nazi checkpoint waiting for us down the road."
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2009, 03:02:59 AM »
"I'll tell him to expect company then. His name is Esteban, a local from a village near here. He should have no problem getting you to the outskirts of Santa Boca." Wilkes explains.

"By boat he will take you to the shore, We're just far out enough that no one in Santa Boca can see what we're doing, and the ship will shield those in the fishing boat from prying Nazi eyes."

"Those of you who are riding along with Esteban, come over to the railing near the back with me. You will find a rope ladder that will take you down into the fishing boat."
He turns and leads the way.

Wilkes calls down to the fisherman. Then he faces those about to climb down the ladder. "Good luck Gentlemen, and Godspeed." He offers to shake hands with each man as he passes.

DuMont stands with the rest of the group watching Wilkes and the others go down towards the rear of the freighter. "Well, monsieurs. It is my understanding that Captain Barret has just instituted a new tradition of serving a toast to his passengers upon a safe arrival in harbour. You're welcome to join me, or you could stay up here. It's your choice." He turns and goes inside to head to the galley for the promise of free alcohol.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 04:21:56 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2009, 04:16:26 AM »
Dr. Loder moves over to the edge of the boat and looks at the rope ladder.  "See you gentlemen in Santa Boca."

He hoists his archaeoly kit onto his back and starts down the ladder.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Neull//

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2009, 08:01:30 AM »
"Good luck people, we will meet again soon" says Max smiling...

The adventurer follows Dr Loder down the ladder

"Good morning Mr Esteban"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2009, 08:54:23 AM »
"So how far is it to the guide's house? And will we all meet up in or near Santa Boca before we travel to the guide's house or are we planning to meet there?" John informs before making a decision.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"well both teams have at least one competent guide, unfortunately Max I think was the only one who truly knew where it was but at least we got it down on a map, I'm good with maps, though I'm better at it while in the air, we should be able to find it without problem."

Russo takes in the sea air it's tangy, he smells the dust of the mainland on the wind and the humidity on the air, it's thick with what he fancies is tension.

"so what's our story? If Mr Eisen is between duties, Richard is on safari, am I your guide or something?" he looks back to the others

"awww shit did anybody get a list of what gear those guys needed" he jerks his head to the hand of Max which whips out of sight over the side of the boat as he nods
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »
[spoiler=OOC:]Waiting for an IC answer to my 2 questions (see previous post) before John makes up his mind :)[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »
[spoiler][[ If you happen to take a peek at the map in Russo's hands, it shows the distance to Orino Perro from Santa Boca as being a guestimated three to four day journey depending on how difficult actual travel turns out to be. This is so you don't have to hinge your decision on another's IC awareness/participation. ]][/spoiler]

[[ Those of you who are staying on this freighter until it docks in Puerta de Santa Boca, please continue to post in this thread.

Those of you who are heading off in the fishing boat. Please begin to post in the NEW Group B Game Thread. ]]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 02:49:29 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
[spoiler]Thanks :)[/spoiler]

Taking a look at the map in Russo's hand John says "That's gotta be at least 3 to 4 days to our guide's house, guys. I'm not waiting that long to get my hands on my gear, no offense."

He continues "Will we be meeting outside Santa Boca and travel to our guide's house together? If so, I'll get ashore with Esteban over there and the rest of you planning to skip port. If you guys plan on traveling separately though I could use some help for a nice cover story for the Nazis in case they inform what a U.S. Sergeant is doing here...

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »
Richard shrugs.  "I know my story, you can figure one out I'm sure Russo."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Neull//

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2009, 07:41:28 PM »
Max replies to John before he gets into the fishing boat.

"Well it is about 3 days journey to Orino Perro...so I guess we should be best meeting outside near Santa Boca before we travel to find the guide"

jacemachine