Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98337 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Russo watched the others leaving the stuffy little room, still sitting dumbly on the couch the map having been snatched off of him by the suited american, he waited till the Richard safari fellow was mostly out of the room and scoffed

"This is madness" he said somewhat disgustedly but still smirking at the nonsense of it all, he shook his head and stood up off the decrepit sofa with a tortured squeal and traipsed out the door after the others to his own musty little cabin.
[spoiler] :sparta [/spoiler]

He wanted to go to the cargo deck to see if his guns had made it through the voyage, but after a small mental tussle decided against it. 'not going to be much use for them here anyway, god only knows why I took em' with me' he thought to himself removing his boxy Browning pistol from it's holster. He checked the slide was working smoothly then threw a magazine into the pistol and chambered a round, making sure to slip the safety on before placing it back into the leather holster and buckling the strap over the top. He threw his gear together picking it up off the little bunk and into his rucksack, then slipped off his jumpsuit, getting changed into something a little more suitable for the climate, a vest-top, shirt and safari trousers, before slipping back into his large brown walking boots. He slipped all his gear into his pack, onto his belt or into the pockets of his trousers, wrapped his scarf round his neck, grabbed his jacket and began lugging his pack out the cabin and up onto the deck.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Neull//

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 04:49:34 PM »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
Having packed all his gear John heads up to meet the rest in the cargo area as well.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 05:48:16 PM »
Richard goes to the deck since he was told he would take posession of his new gear once it was unloaded and Wilkes said he would meet the group on the deck.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 09:11:23 PM »

Hearing the door clatter behind him Russo turned around to see Richard, the HUGE rifle/cannon propped on his back by a thick leather strap, vaguely he wondered what exactly he expected to shoot with that thing. he draped himself over the side of the boat hoping to look relaxed and sociable but coming across more uncomfortable as the metal railing he had all his weight on was both cold and very hard,

"What do you think about all this, mr... Richard was it? you're the big game safari hunter right?"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 09:34:42 PM »
Richard nods. "Aye, I'm Richard.  You are Russo if memory serves me correctly.  To me this is nothing new.  I've served in both wars as a scout and a sniper, and I am the big game safari hunter as well."
Notes to self

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 10:21:04 PM »
Max Hawkins and John Kestrel
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:07:08 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 11:33:02 PM »
Jon Russo and Richard Jameson[[ May I have Spot checks from you gentlemen? ]][/spoiler]

Henry Loder and Eisen Abendroth
[spoiler]The two of you stand in the hall just outside the Lounge. It's painted metal walls echo the footsteps of those men who have just left.

[[ Do you go back to you rooms to gather your belongings?
Do you just go up to the deck to see what's up?
Do you head to the cargo hold for some reason?
Or do you have something else in mind...? ]]
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:40:39 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2009, 01:44:21 AM »
Loder goes back up to his room to collect his well-used archaeology kit and pistol, both of which he stuffs into a duffel bag that he slings across his back.  He then straps his machete to his thigh and heads up to the deck.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2009, 02:00:08 AM »
[spoiler]
Spot: 33  (20+13)

I WIN!  :p
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 03:08:17 AM »
"We came to check on the progress of unloading our gear. I hope you don't mind." John replies to the large Haitian.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 03:18:17 AM »
Max Hawkins and John Kestrel

[spoiler]"I do not heve a problem as long as you stay clear of my men when the work begins." He motions behind him to the high stacks of wooden cargo crates tied in place by netting. "As you can see, dere is quite a large amount of corgo dis trep. We do not want anyone to get hurt."[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:07:26 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 03:25:22 AM »
"I understand, thanks for the warning. Let me know if I can help with anything." John smiles, before making sure to stay out of anyone's way when the work begins.

jacemachine