Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98334 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #380 on: May 11, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »

Pingo taps Bones on the shoulder, and makes a clawing motion in the air with both hands. He has a broad smile on his face. Bones rolls his eyes. Bones shakes his head. He clearly thinks that it's a ridiculous story. He notices Richard's cast off pile.

"I hope you've got plenty of dry socks. Without your foot powder, you run the risk of getting jungle rot on your feet." He bends down and grabs the condom box. "You don't mind if I take these, do you?"Hauptmann
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: May 11, 2009, 03:49:28 PM »
[spoiler]Perhaps a Knowledge check or something for Eisen to know something about Karl Dietrich (see my previous IC post)? :D[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 03:51:39 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: May 11, 2009, 04:00:50 PM »
[spoiler]
[spoiler]Perhaps a Knowledge check or something for Eisen to know something about Karl Dietrich (see my previous IC post)? :D[/spoiler]

I agree. I feel that this falls within the realm of Streetwise: Street and urban culture, local underworld personalities and events. Eisen's "streets" per se would also include knowledge about the German military, and various personalities that fall within.[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »
Richard eyes Bones.  "I've been in the jungle since you were sucking on your mothers teat and I never had any foot powder, don't worry about me.  I don't want any of this useless junk.  As for their head start, you tell me what direction we're going and I can cut our travel time by half."  A dark smirk crosses his face.  "The jungle is my home, this is why I'm here."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2009, 05:52:05 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"I don't know most of this stuff seems kinda useful to me" smirks Russo sitting down and letting the good 'doctor' see to his wound.

"Thanks doc much better than anything I could do. So we patched up? we ready? If so what  are we waiting for? any opportunity to avoid getting shot seems advantageous to me"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »
Bones gives Richard a sidelong glance. "Okay, pops. If that is why you're here, then we're heading to Orino Perro. Max said that was where you gang were going to try to find me. I'm pretty close to the village chief and his family and they're the one's who I left in charge of protecting my river boat.

"And as fast as you may be, we'll want to take advantage of the road, as rutted and muddy as it is-- we'll save the most time if we can take advantage of existing travel routes. It will take us long enough to cut our way through once we REALLY get deep.

"Once we get to the road again, I'm going to have Pingo trail us from a distance. He should be able to let us know if we have any krouts crawling up our tails."

Avery stuffs the condoms into his bag. "Alright. Let's get moving."

[[ Richard, a Survival Check please? ]]
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #386 on: May 11, 2009, 07:19:43 PM »
[spoiler]
I take ten which gives me 28 which beats the DC of 25 to reduce our travel time by 50%.   :P
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2009, 04:15:13 AM »
[spoiler]
[spoiler]I feel that this falls within the realm of Streetwise: Street and urban culture, local underworld personalities and events.[/spoiler]
Crap, of course a knowledge skill that I for some reason put no points in. Alrighty, well, I suppose I'll just roll, since taking ten is a 12, which would suck anywho. I'd prefer the 51% chance of higher or equal.  :D

Knowledge; Streetsmarts: 20

Son of a bitch! Alrighty, lemme see....[/spoiler]

Neull//

« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2009, 01:54:43 PM »
Max follows the group. Meanwhile he is still interested in the letter

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #389 on: May 13, 2009, 02:57:37 AM »

"Road to Orino Perro"

The terrain rises and falls with their passage.  Exotic colorful birds scream as they pass below the heavy canopy. Soon though they arrive upon the muddy road, now miles to the north east of Santa Boca.

No other travellers could be seen, but long worn ruts in the road showed indication of heavy passage. Many of them going towards the port town.

Bones talks, cracking jokes and sarcastic comments. During conversation there was one thing that was certain... he fucking hated Nazis. Pingo offered not a single word. Still only communicating with gestures, that Bones usually would respond to in Yukatan or English.

The sky greyed and Bones suggested making camp off the road, up atop a flattened area atop a broad boulder. Pingo scouted the area, and Bones announced a nearby stream a half mile to the east.

"Alright. We'll camp here for the night. If anyone can make themselves useful, collect fire wood, make a fire, what have you I'd really appreciate it. In the meantime. I'm going to get my things in order. I have a chest of interesting items to show you. One of them being a VERY special map, drawn by a man named Albert Dunning."

Bones tells pingo to find some dinner, and the native disappears into the encroaching darkness of the jungle at night, shorts spears in hand.

"I have to appologize for Pingo's apparent antisocial behavior. You see he doesn't have a tongue. Cannibals ripped it from his mouth and ate it before I had a chance to rescue you him. I was too late to save his daughter or his wife unfortuntely. He's been with me ever since. A good honest man, if you can believe that of a savage! Hah! Max, you've heard me mention him quite a number of times I know."

[spoiler]
Eisen, a 12 isn't very spectacular. What you do know is that he is a man who gets results, and a personal favorite of Himmler's himself. He's known to be very neat, clean, and proffesional.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:27:15 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #390 on: May 13, 2009, 03:04:43 AM »
Richard silently gets a fire going, then sets up his tent.

[spoiler]
Taking ten, Survival check 28 to do whatever.   :p
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #391 on: May 13, 2009, 03:17:43 AM »
[spoiler]Eisen/Flay decided to roll, he got a 20 on the Knowledge check, not a 12 ;)[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #392 on: May 13, 2009, 03:43:28 AM »
[spoiler]^ What he said.[/spoiler]

Neull//

« Reply #393 on: May 13, 2009, 07:02:36 AM »

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #394 on: May 13, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »
The usually socially reserved Dr. Loder perks up at the mention of a map by the mysterious Albert Dunning.  "You have Dunning's map?!  I'd love to get a look at it, I might be able to make sense of some of the landmarks."
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: May 13, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Russo makes small talk with Bones during the trip, sharing comments and adventure stories as he can as the trip goes on Russo becomes noticeably more flustered and sweaty as more miles are put behind the group, when everybody finally stops he looks very relived and throws his pack down at the first opportunity to sit down where he can, he runs the back of his arm across his forehead looking exhausted.

he listens to the rest of the group and expresses interest when Avery pulls out the map

"Is this map what started this fool mission in the first place?" he stands up with difficulty and walks over

"can I see the letters?" he asks holding out his hand
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:13:12 AM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine