Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98327 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

"well sure sorry for bleeding...fori dell'asino" he mutters, lifts his shirt up to see the damage the lets it back down, wincing a little he collects his gun and takes a further swig from the whisky bottle before shouldering his pack and moving out the back door to the mules and the gear, he begins shuffling through for a bandage. finding the aid kit he takes the roll and quickly pads and wraps it round his waist and over the wound.

((treat injury?:17))

hastily he shuffles the box back together and thrusts it back into the pack, patting the mule on the flank.

"I should start charging by the corpse again..."
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »
Russo has wrapped gauze around the wound, so at least it will be protected until he can get real medical help...

[spoiler]First Aid Kit
Available at most drugstores and camping supply stores, this kit contains enough supplies (and simple instructions for their use) to treat an injury before transporting the injured person to a medical professional. A first aid kit can be used to help a dazed, unconscious, or stunned character by making a Treat Injury check (DC 15). A first aid kit can be used only once. Skill checks made without a first aid kit incur a -4 penalty.[/spoiler]

Padre continues lamenting in Spanish loudly, as he rushes between the basement and the bar trying to fight the fire alone. Smoke billows out of the front door in a heavy black column that reaches into the sky. Visible for miles around.

Some of the locals have begun rushing towards the bar, most of them talking excitedly about the fire, but a small handful have begun to bring water from the nearby homes to throw onto the blaze with buckets.

Out behind the bar, closer to the tree grove, and relatively out of sight of the commotion the party gathers around the mules in preparation for their nearing departure.

"Are we ready?" Bones asks the group.

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2009, 01:59:04 PM »
Richard nods.  "We need to leave before more Nazis arrive.  We can sort out gear once we are somewhere safe."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2009, 03:18:37 PM »
"Agreed, the longer we stay here the bigger the chance we get severely humped." Sgt. Kestrel concurs.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »
((oops my lack of knowledge about pen 'n' paper RPG's defeats me once more sorry :embarrassed))

Russo grunts his agreement "the fire will make a nice distraction, but what about your friend and the kid will they be alright? What were those Nazi talking about back in the bar about making people talk, sick bastards"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Neull//

« Reply #365 on: May 08, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2009, 02:33:12 AM »
"Padre was only an acquaintance. No offense to him, but I'm glad his place burned down. He was an asshole but I don't think the Nazis would bother with him." Harrison slips his backpack over his shoulders, and pats the boy on the top of his head, making the boy's hat crooked. "The Kid will be just fine. He travels with me. He goes where I go. Isn't that right Kid?" He gives the child a brotherly smirk. "Yeah, Max*. I don't figure the Kid was running with me the last time you was around. I met him in Tijuana two years ago.-- tried to pick my pocket." He turns to the Kid once again smiling, "And see Kid? Your fingers healed back all straight again, just like I told you!"

He lights a cigarette. "Ahhh kids, you gotta love them. They're so stupid, but you can't help loving the little bastards..."

"Alright gang, let's split."
Bones leads you through the back grove of large tropical trees. Behind you you can still hear the shouts of excitement about the fire and the gunshots.

Across the northern section of town, where there is nothing but bushes and trees, you come out upon a well worn muddy road. The northern road. (location #10 on the Santa Boca map)

Travelers continue past you on their way into Puerta de Santa Boca for the town's market festival. Paco & Esteban lead the donkeys and horse, but continue looking over their shoulders. Bones has looked over his shoulder more than once.

"Okay, here's plan. Any minute we are going to have more Nazis on our asses than mosquitoes on a newborn. So I suggest that we ditch the road in favor of trekking through some serious undergrowth. Think of it as practice for when we hit the REAL jungle.

"The Nazis hopefully will rush down the road trying to catch up with us. Eventually, when they see no sign of us, they may give up and head back to town to decide what to do next. This can buy us some time.

"Now, this is just off the top of my head. If any of you guys have any other plans now's the time to pitch, cause I'm catching."

*[spoiler]Max found 3/4 of a pound of sugar under the bar, next to a 3lb sack of peanuts.[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2009, 03:48:43 AM »
Richard shakes his head.  "No other plans, but I have a message for you.  The Madame said that if you don't come back alive, don't come back at all."  He then digs around in his pack and hands out the pouches she made.  "And she has given us these, they are good juju but don't open them or they won't help anymore."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2009, 03:55:59 AM »
Loder takes the pouch and sniffs at it dubiously before slipping it into his shoulderbag along with the myriad of archaeology tools.  "Gah, what a wonderful smell she's discovered!"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2009, 04:13:56 AM »
Eisen hastily takes the pouch and puts it in a pocket close to his heart; more than one crazy hermit had given him things that had saved his life before, and if nothing else, the padding couldn't help in the obviously targetable spot on his chest. The wound was shallow, and didn't hit anything major (or so it seemed), so he shrugged off the worst of it, dousing it with some of the "clean" water to try and wash the dirty blood away before going into the mules kits and breaking out a first aid kit*. A trek wasn't preferable, but it was better than another firefight. 'Oh, for the urban warfare again,' he thought. "A trek sounds livable; aggravated Nazi's are undesirable, indeed.

For a long time, Eisen seems quiet. Not like he's holding back, he just never seems to talk much at all, other than to suggest or affirm actions. But after a while, Eisen looks around to the group, and as if feeling like he should say something to build morale, just starts with a load of questions rapidfire. Anyway.... So, who is this Madame, what is this "juju," and what is in the package the boy seems to be clinging to? Conversation will make the trip go faster, and it's unlikely we'll be tracked by sounds, in this environment... with the town so close as well..."

[spoiler]Treat Injury: 18[/spoiler]

Neull//

« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2009, 05:29:25 AM »

jacemachine