Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98341 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2009, 03:48:19 AM »
Waiting for a resultant hint from someone trying to spot the soldiers, Eisen starts to think out loud. "Is there a way in hell of shooting our way out of this? Please tell me you people have killed something before." Eisen looks around the room. The doctor and Russo both have an appearance that doesn't scream killer, and of course the boy doesn't. He felt more confident with Richard and Kestrel at least; if only he could have brought in Russo's plane's guns... "Bones, is there a way out other than through the front or back doors?"

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2009, 04:43:13 AM »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"course I killed things! just coz we can all handle a piece doesn't mean this has to be a bloodbath" hisses Russo

"we could try and talk our way out of this, might save on ammo for when we really need it" Russo sands up ready to duck behind the little enclosure behind him or dive out of the way

"get in here kid" he gently reaches out and pushes the kid behind him into the little booth, and whispers to him never taking his eyes off the front door "you get in there and hide under the table, don't come out till we grab you"

"Uhh who did you say you were looking for!? Avery!? there's nobody here called Avery that I know, just peaceful folks having a drink come on in we'll buy you one for the misunderstanding!"

((diplomacy+fast talk 16 that is NOT going to work....))
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2009, 05:23:33 AM »
Eisen's eyes perk up. Russo might have just figured it out. Turning harshly to his partners, he hisses "Hide bones, disguise him or scar him, he can't be seen!" Then calling towards the door, Turning with a sharp and cold expression, "Get him fucking out of here! What can you do, Bones!?"

[spoiler=*]Diplomacy: 20 to Nazis Dude... how'd I manage that?... I have, like, a +2...[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2009, 12:29:21 PM »
I do? If push comes to shove, let's just say I know Al Capone Bones says as he heads for the basement stairs.

The Kid hides under the table behind Russo.

Richard can see at least two Nazis outside the doors. They seem to be looking at each other, with confused expressions. They appear to be talking with others outside of his line of sight.

Eisen may have bought some time. After what sounded like some sort of discussion from out front, the two Nazis enter silhouetted in the doorway, momentarily blinded in the vestibule.

As their eyes adjust to the gloom, a third man approaches the door. This man is Carlos Garcia.

They look around the bar.

The Nazi smoking a cigarette turns to Carlos.

Carlos says motioning to Max. He voice is rich with sarcasm.

[spoiler]
Direct Link:  http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4411/barbattlebeforecombat2.jpg
[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »
[spoiler=Before the Nazis come in]
((I'm assuming that I can do this))

Richard laughs coldly.  "I was a sniper in the last war, I've killed plenty." 
[/spoiler]

As he sees the Nazis start to enter, Richard ducks down behind the bar and tries to find a place to hide.

[spoiler]
Hide: 14
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:51:35 PM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2009, 03:51:12 PM »
[spoiler][[ Yeah, that's fine. If they DO see you, perhaps they'll think you're the bartender? lol ]]
[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2009, 03:52:06 PM »
[spoiler]((A bartender in a British safari outfit?  :P)) [/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2009, 04:34:37 PM »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Carlos! you son of a bitch, I was right not to trust you." Russo looks him coldly in the eye gives the man a wry smile  "yeah we did as a matter of fact, but I think he saw your goons and left us hanging, all dried up, hurt our feelings"
having turned to his side Russo starts steadily drawing his Browning from it's holster being careful not let the aggressors see and stalling for time

((roll initiative? (of course sorry still new at this) sleight of hand:14  fast talk/diplomacy: 4 uhhh..... shit.... O_o))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:11:17 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2009, 04:37:07 PM »
[spoiler]((It's THAT kinda bar, huh?  :p Actually, that might make them leave faster...))[/spoiler]
Moving over to put a hand on Russo's shoulder, and placing his hand seemingly inconspicuously on his rifle (at the same time, he does seem to obscure vision of Russo from the soldiers), Eisen gives a rich laugh at this comment about Max and his hat. "Hahahah, that is a compatriot of mine; we met on the ship coming here. He could not possibly have become a target for authorities in the short time he has been here! Unless he's made more women angry than we know about, am I right?

Anyway, look at how nervous the child is. You know, I gave him a fright earlier, dressed as I am. He must be simply terrified of soldiers, as unusual here as they must be. And honestly, how trustworthy are children, daydreamers all of them? Who is this Avery, and what does he look like? Is he the one on all the posters in town?"
He nudges Max suggestively with a grin, enjoying fucking with the Nazi's heads.

Turning to the two soldiers, he asks somewhat hushed,
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:40:36 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »
[[ I will need a Bluff check please, Eisen. You're certainly trying to sell them a load.  ;)
 Russo, If at any time anyone actually wishes to initiate combat, we will roll initiative at that time.  Oh, and I need a Sleight of Hand check for you to stealthily withdraw your firearm too...  ]]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:58:03 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Neull//

« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »
Max while Bones moves to hide at the basement, he also moves quickly and jumps over to the bar next to Padre.
There he unholsters his pistol.

The adventurer stays calm while Carlos speak, pulls out one of the high quality cigars he bought before ,and puts it in his mouth.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 07:26:07 PM by Neull// »

jacemachine