Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98339 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »
The boy nods his head at those who stepped up to go with him, acknowledging that the others would most likely follow as well.

With the streets congested like a sick toddler, the boys leads you north through alleys, across streets, through some family's backyard-- (their mongrel dog yaps furiously at your passing), crossing a downed wooden fence and through a dense grove of cieba trees. Along your journey you note passing by the sign for the Fortune Teller <location 7> Your final destination ends up on one of the quieter streets in the north. <location #8>

The neighborhood looks largely residential, but the property here is in much more disrepair than the rest of the town. Trees and weeds grow up at well through the yards of the nearby homes.

The boy doesn't seem to bat an eye though. He could have been strolling down the yellow brick road with Judy Garland and the Scarecrow. He'd been running ahead, then slowing down to keep pace with the group. He leads you all to a run-down former church.

The windows were of stained glass. Ornate but horribly grimy from neglect. Old rags and crumpled newspapers plug holes where chunks of colored glass had gone missing.

"This way." The boy says, before disappearing through the open double doors. Hanging above the door hangs a wooden sign reads:

From inside the smells of beer, tobacco smoke, and old sweat waft outwards. Interestingly, the Lounge on the Freighter had smelled worse somehow. In addition to the smell, the mournful music of a mariachi's guitar came out of the poorly lit bar's interior.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:13:55 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
Standing off to the side next to his brother and the pack-horse, Paco mutters in spanish. "Permaneceremos afuera."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:16:14 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »
"Well, I guess we'd better go find out who wants to see us." John says as he strolls towards the entrance of El Pulpito.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Neull//

« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2009, 07:46:04 AM »
John follows the others

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2009, 11:04:34 AM »
Dr. Loder looks after Max and John. 

Releasing the snap on his holster, Dr. Loder enters the darkened doorway.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2009, 11:33:30 AM »
Paco says, nodding to his brother.

The forerunners of the group take those first few steps into the double wide open doorway. The heavy doors of the former church thrown back to allow a breeze to enter.

Your eyes all take a couple of moments to adjust from the noontime glare of the outside sun, to this dismal interior of the cantina. The smell of man, infused with beer, and something vaguely metallic hung in the air.

Standing in the vestibule, you are flanked by pews pushed up along the entrance's sides. Inside you see a long bar with a rounded edge running up through the center of the joint. A lone barman leans against the bar <H-11>, giving you a long bored look over his mustache. He doesn't greet you.

The walls are stone, as are the church's original pillars running up either side. However now they serve a less grand purpose. New walls of brick and mortar have been constructed between the pillars and the outside wall, creating individual booths. Each booth contains a round wooden table and at least two pews for patrons to sit in. There are lone tables and chairs added throughout the bar to accommodate for larger crowds... but that doesn't seem to be the issue today. Including the mariachi <D-13> and the bored bartender, the number of people in the place could be counted on one hand. Two patrons sit across from each other <M-12, M-14>.

You recognize the boy, sitting in a dark booth in the right rear of the room <E-6> talking with someone else who's in the booth with him... but who is just out of sight. The kid waves you over.

[spoiler=Pulpit Cantina Map][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:29:25 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2009, 11:52:54 AM »
Richard walks into the bar and over to the booth that the boy is in, keeping his slight amusement at what this church has become to himself.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Russo however is not so restrained
"now this is my kind of church!" he snickers amusedly, casting a glance around the darkened bar the dust irritating his eyes, the smell of the place seemed to put him at ease and at the same time makes him feel restless, he was ready for some action and damn the consequence
"wonder how much it costs for a drink around here?" he nudges Kestrel grinning stupidly and scratching his mustache "cheep do you reckon? or do you think they dilute the drinks with holy water?" he snickers some more, loosens his boxy browning, walks ahead of the others, drunk on his own bravado and flops into the box with the unknown man shoving the boy gently but firmly across the pew
((adopting a Han Solo sorta stance))

"Ok" he says getting himself comfortable "so why do you want us, and how do you know we were going to be here?"

((spot:9
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 12:19:31 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »
28[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2009, 07:45:13 PM »
The man sitting in the shadows across the table from Russo smirks.

"Scram Kid-- Go meet with Pingo and tell that lanky bastard to get ready. We'll meet you two outside the town once things are squared away here. I've got some business to attend to in the meantime." The man said. Max immediately recognized the voice.

"No problemo. Pingo will be glad to get moving!" The Kid gets up from the pew, jogs out of the bar through the front door, and was gone.

The man wore a dark fedora low on his head, his white shirt was unbuttoned halfway, showing some sort of claw tied to a small leather pouch hanging from a leather cord from his neck. Over his shirt he wore an open vest.

He speaks again. This time directly to Max Hawkins.

He chuckles. JUST sneaked into town to see a friend of mine about something, and he tells me that he had been in contact with some guy named Wilkes who said the League of Nations

To the rest of you he says,

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:10:23 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2009, 08:26:32 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"Harrison Aver- Well I think we found our guide swift enough, I'm assuming you know him then" says Russo exasperated and a little disappointed, indicating the man in the fedora

"thats swell one big reunion, good god! why did I sign up for this, Barkeep!" Russo shouted off to the side "I need something, ANYTHING strong can you handle that?" he looked down and carried on muttering to himself about god forsaken jungles, ancient treasures the name of everybody in the group cropped up at least once or twice
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine