Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 50178 times)

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #540 on: September 01, 2009, 05:23:25 AM »
that too
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #541 on: September 01, 2009, 08:37:45 PM »
We could head to the original destination I first thought of or we could try to our skills of gathering information from the cantina, and other places.  I say we head to the meeting that probably be starting in about 20 mins.  We may make it in time, but might be taken as very threatening.  We need to more than likely get ahold of the Duros Mel. 

Oh, Ray'Ann, is a special friend of mine
he says with a hidden grin.

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #542 on: September 01, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »
Well, we could go find Mel and mindrape him into giving us what we want. Then again, the cantina sounds appetizing.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #543 on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:35 PM »
i think attending to the cantina dosnt exclude other options..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #544 on: September 06, 2009, 02:58:55 AM »
Cantina it is then... Where's the cantina?
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #545 on: September 07, 2009, 12:03:06 AM »
[spoiler]Alt parked his swoop bike around back of the cantina.[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #546 on: September 09, 2009, 01:06:55 AM »
Alt silently heads to the cantina, confident, cool and relaxed, as if walking to a trusted friends home.

OOC
[spoiler]Sorry my internet connection had been having trouble until recently- now it's all good  :) [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:08:35 AM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2009, 02:04:04 AM »
The cantina doorway presents no barrier to the armored mercenary--perhaps the cantina's patrons are trusting, perhaps they feel no need for a bouncer. Whatever the reason, Alt enters the cantina with no difficulty. The air of the place is subtly different from that of its counterpart in Mos Eisley. While the latter was certainly dangerous, it was murderous in an affable way. In contrast, the customers here appear to be the type of scum and villainy mothers warn their offspring about. However, several faces light up in delighted recognition at Alt's appearance, and two Humans at a table immediately gesture for him to sit with them.

[spoiler]Names? If you want, pick some, otherwise, I'll toss them in when it becomes necessary.[/spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #548 on: September 11, 2009, 01:03:57 AM »
Alt reciprocates the recognition, and merrily strolls over and takes a seat.
Ev, Sal, fellas, how've things been? How's the bolo-ball season goin'? He meshes into the scene perfectly-as if in his natural habitat. Who do you think is going to take the cup this time?Bettin' large?

He hollers over to the bar keep
My usual, Cap'n. Thanks

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #549 on: September 11, 2009, 01:38:21 AM »
Ev and Sal are, as usual, barely distinguishable from each other. The twins are nursing identical glasses, and both sport the same delighted smirk at seeing Alt back here.

"Alt, you continue to astound me. Back from the dead, one might say, and you're asking for the bolo-ball scores," says Sal, or maybe it's Ev.

"Besides, isn't it obvious that Corellia's got it this time around?" Ev, or perhaps Sal, asks, sipping his own drink as the Captain puts a mug of lomin-ale in front of Alt. "Hey, brother, I don't think he's heard the news."

"Indeed he hasn't, brother," agrees Sal, unless it's Ev. The two brothers pause, grinning at the mercenary at the table with them.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #550 on: September 11, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »
Torin walks in and scans the room. He slowly walks to the bar and orders something compatible with Kel Dor biology
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #551 on: September 12, 2009, 12:08:39 AM »
He pops the seal for his helmet.  And lifts his helmet off smoothly and hooks it on to the back of his back pack with one hand.
This is the first time the rest of his associates will have seen his face.  He is youthful looking, in what one may guess as early twenties.  His hair is grown out almost down to his cheek bones.  He has about a weeks worth of scruff on his face.  Dark brown eyes are cool and piercing.  He appears happy and comfortable.
Yeah, your right about Corellia, they've been playing top ball. ... He trails off some more about the sport and some of the top teams.

He takes a swill of his drink.

Alt scans the room looking for anything out of the norm that he is used to seeing here-new faces/beings-and possible disernable weapons on them.
With out his helmet on its +9 instead of +11 (1d20+9=14)

He carries on a pleasant conversation with Ev and Sal for a little while and then brings up
So what's this news you've mentioned that I haven't heard yet?

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: September 12, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »
Torin looks at Alt quizzically before turning back to his drink and asking the bartender, Hey, how much do you know about that Mando over there?
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #553 on: September 12, 2009, 01:01:37 AM »
Jax sees no reason to go into the cantina and keeps an eye on their transportation.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #554 on: September 12, 2009, 01:06:39 AM »
"Oh, Alt? He's been a regular here for a while now...Actually, it's been a while since he was in here. I'm surprised to see him back...But you," the bartender says, giving Torin a quizzical look of his own, "you're new in town, I think." His tone of voice is a little too casual for normal conversation.

Alt:
[spoiler]As far as you can tell, there aren't really any new faces in here, just the usual riffraff. Their weapons are kept in plain sight, but no one has their hands on one.[/spoiler]

"Well," Ev or Sal replies, with the air of someone pulling away a shimmersilk cloth with a flourish, "the garrison here...has been increased." He pauses, clearly waiting to see the reaction his response produces.

"Yeah," chimes in Sal or Ev, "and they've brought in a few ships, too, on top of the battle droids they already have here."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #555 on: September 12, 2009, 08:49:16 AM »
Jayce leans against the wall next to the exit, casually scanning the room for anything out of the ordinary for a place like this.

[spoiler]Perception: 13[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #556 on: September 12, 2009, 05:21:45 PM »
rassk, stays w/ the bikes, there is always some tinkering to be done on a bike..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #557 on: September 12, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm just looking for a job. There is a point in my line of work where you are dropped suddenly. Keeping someone like me around too long brings trouble.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #558 on: September 12, 2009, 11:45:35 PM »
Jayce:
[spoiler]Nothing unusual stands out amidst the crowd.[/spoiler]

The bartender polishes a glass, seemingly out of habit. "Well, there might be an opening here, assuming you won't bring any trouble down on us. What is it exactly that you do?"

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #559 on: September 13, 2009, 12:38:54 AM »
Teela takes up a position outside, across from the cantina doors with a good view of the surrounding areas.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist