Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 50177 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #520 on: August 21, 2009, 12:14:22 AM »
Kaska seems startled by Torin's abrupt change of focus. "Interested in a position? It's entirely possible I could find you one. I'm certain my superiors would be able to give you work that would benefit from your unique brand of negotiation."

To Alt, whom he favors with a typically Bothan smirk, he replies, "Well, at least one of your friends seems eager for employment. As for Ray'ann, she'll be glad to see you. She's not been quite the same since you left. Of course, this is an odd time for a job interview, and...well, Mandalorian courtship rituals aren't my area of expertise, but I would bet they don't involve more sentients than are absolutely necessary." A wicked grin crosses his face, and he adds, "I doubt they're here for moral support."

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #521 on: August 21, 2009, 12:41:03 AM »
Assuming you are able to get me a job, you have my gratitude. Torin says sending out a quick telepathic message to Alt, Who's Ray'ann? Ex-girlfriend? Torin seems oddly excited about this whole conversation, Oh, um, Kaska, was it? If/when you talk to your superiors about me, I suggest you leave out the Sith thing. You really don't want to "knowingly" associate a Sith with a group already in unfavorable standings with the Republic. Sith tend to attract Jedi, Jedi bring Republic, Republic brings shooty.

Take ten
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:46:24 AM by emissary666 »
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #522 on: August 21, 2009, 05:58:07 PM »
"Oh, I doubt the Confederacy is worried about their standings with the Republic." Kaska chuckles quietly. "After seceding, they can hardly do worse, can they?"

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #523 on: August 21, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
I'm not talking about image, I'm talking about attention.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #524 on: August 22, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »
Well, your right about the relationship part Kaska, three or more's a crowd and I don't get paid for wars that erupt from situations like that.

We've come trying to find some information. 
I figure since you've shown up, then maybe we may not need to look else where. 
We're a search party trying to find some dead beat Republic Ambassador that may have taken a wrong turn within the last few days.

Know anything about it or atleast heard anything?

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #525 on: August 22, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »
Both eyebrows raise this time, and Kaska turns, very deliberately, towards Alt. "Now, what makes you think that I'd know anything about a Republic ambassador? Is this a slight against the Confederacy?" There is an undertone of indignation in his voice.

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #526 on: August 22, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »
Well not necessarily, I just know someone got concerned for his where abouts and just want to know what happened, and if we can find him.

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #527 on: August 22, 2009, 08:59:15 PM »
The Bothan shakes his head. "Then I'm afraid you're wasting your time. I haven't heard or seen a scrap of information on this ambassador."

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #528 on: August 23, 2009, 12:31:06 AM »
And people complain about my lack of subtlety. Torin shakes his head. Yeah, we're looking for an ambassador. Honestly, I think that he must be pretty useless to have a mercenary party paid to find him. You'd think the Republic would at least send out, like, an investigator or two. Of course, there's this one junk dealer I occasionally work with who says two Jedi bet the Queen's ship to him a while ago, so the Republic may be more pitiful than I thought
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: August 24, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
Torin stops for a moment, Really sad thing is, I don't even think the Republic even cares. I mean, they weren't even the ones who hired us! I don't really get the point of finding him. It's not like his disappearance even matters.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #530 on: August 26, 2009, 01:14:51 AM »
We'll then, the more time that passes bye, the less likely we'll find him alive.  Kaska, I'll get you a drink the next time I see you.  We better be off, time's money.
With that Alt distances himself and attempts to withdrawl motioning for the others to follow suit
Torin, if you want a job with him, why don't you leave your comm code with him so he can get you the contacts you're after for Sep work.

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #531 on: August 26, 2009, 01:38:27 AM »
Torin quickly gives Kaska his comm number before hurrying off to follow Alt
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #532 on: August 27, 2009, 12:05:45 AM »
Kaska turns to watch the group go, eyes narrowed but palms spread in a gesture of good faith.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #533 on: August 30, 2009, 11:44:18 PM »
So...who's Ray'ann? Is she hot? Single? Is she into Kel Dor? What about psychotic Kel Dor? What about murderous psychotic Kel Dor? Am I bothering you? Hey, maybe you won't have to worry about dealing with her, if you know what I mean. Torin teases Alt, trying to determine his relation to Ray'ann
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #534 on: August 31, 2009, 11:30:29 AM »
Walking beside Alt, Teela scowls at the Kel Dor's erratic behaviour.  Such unprofessional conduct is likely to get him, and possibly the rest of us, killed.  She'll have to do something about that.  "So what's the plan now that we've lost that contact?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #535 on: August 31, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »
Jax ignores Torin, the illogical meatbag is of no consequence.  He remains quiet, walking with the group and listening to find out the new plan.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #536 on: August 31, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »
Jayce calmly follows the rest of the group, trying not to get distracted (or get a headache) from the Kel Dor.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #537 on: August 31, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »
Rassk follows, trailing abit, keeping a watchfull eye.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #538 on: September 01, 2009, 02:25:18 AM »
The plan is simple. First, we get seemingly unimportant information from various people. Using that information, we piece together if the ambassador's here, if so where he is, if he's alive, and all that crap. Torin says, snapping to attention. We also need to keep an eye on the streets. We act as a bunch of mercenaries (which we are) and scout out the place.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #539 on: September 01, 2009, 05:17:35 AM »
"Or we find out who might know where he is and then you mindrape him?"

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol