Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 50178 times)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #500 on: August 20, 2009, 03:43:26 AM »
Teela shakes her head in incredulous disbelief at the Keldor's random hostility.  "That blowhard is going to get himself killed!"  She mumbles under her breath.

Looking at the "protocol" droid, she grins wryly and places a hand on her blaster.  "So much for stealth...  Should we just start shooting now, or wait until Mr. Not A Jedi attracts even more attention?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: August 20, 2009, 06:43:47 AM »
"If it weren't for our new associate I might actually enjoy this scene and wait how it turns out...

But since we might need the trooper I don't want Torin to get him killed.

Teela, you think we can talk some sense in the Bothan and solve this without blasting half the city?"
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #502 on: August 20, 2009, 07:07:59 AM »
Shrugging, Teela gets up and approaches the Bothan in plain sight.  She frowns at Torin and says. "Keep announcing yourself like that and we're going to have to start wagering on how much longer you'll survive!  Now go back to the swoops before you get us all killed."

Before he can answer, Teela turns to the Bothan and holds her blaster up by the barrel.  "My apologies, we don't usually let him out of his cage like this.  He can be so excitable.  Now, what were we talking about?"

She smiles as diplomatically as a soldier can.
PbP Games

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
« Reply #503 on: August 20, 2009, 10:59:34 AM »
Alt engages in the conversation once again

Well Kaska, in this galaxy one can never be too careful . Besides, I'm Mandalorian, remember. We always keep our gear with us - old soldier habits die hard. You know, the Galacitic Scouts of the Galaxy moto: to always be prepared. I notice you seem to feel the same as I he gestures to the bothans weapon.

Alt motions with his free hand in mock salute with his hands to his forehead.

So Kaska, what can I do for you?  You and your Sep buddies trying to recruit me again?

Alt takes two steps away from Kaska (so as not to be in helpless if Boz thinks I was) and turns his whole body to face him.  His left arm is still hovering close to the same position as before and his right arm has the Deece, pointed at about a 45 degree angle at the ground at the Bothan's feet.
Alt makes a Perception Check against to notice any other targets to hear or spot other possible hidden targets that may be associates with Kaska as well to notice if the Bothan has any concealed weapons or objects.
1d20+11 ? [14,11] = (25)
Alt readies an action to make an unarmed attack: either punch, kick, or head butt if the Bothan tries to follow and narrow the gap between them.
[spoiler]
Just incase you need it Boz
atk: 1d20+7=15, dmg: 1d4+4=6 [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:36:46 AM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #504 on: August 20, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »
The Bothan frowns at the approach of Teela. "We seem to be attracting quite the crowd tonight. And if you," he hisses at Torin, "don't keep it down, you'll be testing those Sith powers against tougher odds than I suspect all of you can handle. Now, let's see here. Before I start talking again, why don't you call the rest of your friends over? I despise having to repeat myself."

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #505 on: August 20, 2009, 01:03:17 PM »
Jax puts on his 'diplomatic face'.  "Sentients, perhaps we should move this conversation somewhere more private.  Also, we seem to be in danger of drawing unwanted attention, these threats of violence are unnecessary."

[spoiler]
Facial expressions don't change but I was originally a 3PO droid after all. :P
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #506 on: August 20, 2009, 01:30:02 PM »
Jayce calmly and silently approaches the rest of the gang.

"Is there anything you want from our associate?" he asks the Bothan as he reaches the group.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #507 on: August 20, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »
I agree with tin-man Jax here. If you've got business to discuss, let's be either quick about it or find a more acceptable place and time.

He opens on the comm channel again.
It seems we have hit a slight speed bump and the bothan has something to tell us.  Would everyone gather around. Watch your backs, and keep your weapons primed.

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #508 on: August 20, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »
park,

fiddle w/ speeder.

find a spot close enough to hear, try to keep my back to our crowd.

watching the surroundings, more than listening..

I guess this is as secluded as anywhere else..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #509 on: August 20, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »
"Were it not for your arrival, this conversation would still be private--and discreet, I might add. Shouting is usually not the preferred method of the stealthy. At any rate, a shot from a blaster would certainly attract the attention you aren't looking for, so put away your weapons."

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #510 on: August 20, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
Teela nods and slides her blaster into the thigh holster.
PbP Games

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #511 on: August 20, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »
Why don't you do the same to promote a little friendship for your new acquaintances.
Persuasion check to change attitude:1d20-1=16

Alt complies also by shifting his Deece's shoulder strap, to strap his weapon around on his back.
He readies an action: to Charge SEp.152 the bothan and stab him with his vibroknuckle that is integrated into his gauntlet and is released as a free action-if he does anything suspisciously threatening ie. fire, aim or any frantic desperate motions.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:23:30 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #512 on: August 20, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »
Um, excuse me a moment, but having a conversation out in the open is not a good idea. Torin says, How 'bout you just tell us everything we want to know so we can be off

Mind Trick: 1d20+10=27
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #513 on: August 20, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
[spoiler]
ooc:   :clap
I forgotten how handy the force is  :D[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #514 on: August 20, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
Kaska raises an eyebrow. "Were I so inclined, there would have been no need for this tedious posturing. There would have been no meeting at all, in fact. And unlike you, I am perfectly welcome here. I support the CIS, unlike some mercenaries. But come now, there's no reason to attract the guards. What are you doing back here, Alt, and why have you brought friends?"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #515 on: August 20, 2009, 06:38:40 PM »
"I take it the two of you have known each other for a while?" Jayce asks Alt over the comlink as he follows the Clone Trooper and Bothan.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: August 20, 2009, 06:41:42 PM »
You support CIS? Do you do any jobs for them? I've been trying to get in for a while but haven't been able to find a contact
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #517 on: August 20, 2009, 07:06:14 PM »
Over the comm so Kaska can't hear Alt says as he walks with him:
Yeah, I do.

I've know Kaska for a couple months.  He was very keen at picking up intel for Mell-the Duros farmer I metioned before.  Kaska here might also know what may have happened to the dead beat we're looking for.

How do y'all want to play this. Straight up and ask, shake down, or silence him? Cred's probably won't work on him cause he's dedicated to "the cause".

[spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #518 on: August 20, 2009, 07:17:48 PM »
As he walks with Kaska Alt says through his voice projector
Well Kaska, this place seems to have grown on me.  I keep getting drawn back here.  I figured my friends here might also grow attached to it, and y'all with the CIS could help those whose pockets are empty trying to pick up some creds too.

And beside there is a treasure out here that I'm fond of...you remember Ray'ann and I.

[spoiler]
My comment could swing both in favor of pursuing work with CIS or still carry out our original plan-and it still be truthful  :D [/spoiler]

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #519 on: August 20, 2009, 07:21:58 PM »
"I say we ask him straight up at first. It's up to him wether he cooperates or not, just like it's up to him to bear the consequences." Jayce replies over the comlink with a calm yet determined tone.