Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 50176 times)

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
  • Nar dralshy'a - "Try_harder" (mando'a)
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #420 on: July 22, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »
I'll wait for all to be on board, I hate to have to repeat myself.   Is heard by those already on the comm channel. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:35:56 PM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Alt   in SWSE PBP Across the Stars
Str 14(+2) Dex 17(+3) Con 14(+2) Int 14(+2) Wis 14(+2) Cha 9(-1)
Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #421 on: July 22, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
Teela sets up her headset and dials the comlink to the suggested frequency.  "Im in.  What do you have in mind?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #422 on: July 22, 2009, 06:15:19 PM »
Jax adjusts his internal comlink to the correct channel.  "I'm here."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #423 on: July 22, 2009, 07:10:14 PM »
Over the comm Alt says I suppose we're waiting on Wheezy... uh, I mean Torin He says sarcastically.  He glances back over he shoulder at the party gathering and mounting the speeders.  He glances at his chrono:

20:09. Galactic Standard Time. We should get there early enough.

[spoiler=OOC]So what do you think of this emissary?[/spoiler]

[spoiler=OOC]oh Bozwevial does the wookie have a name? Cause it's been awkward to try to refer to it with out a name. If not here or here for wookie names.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 03:11:29 PM by stevemfred »

"You can't change the past or other folks, but you can always change yourself, and that changes your future." Munin Skirata to Falin Mattron (Order 66 p.10)
[spoiler]

Init +5, Perc +11, End +9, Mech +9, Stealth +10, Sur +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Comp +9
So what's wrong with being a mercenary? Is your war worth fighting? If it is, then why does it matter who fights it for you? Aren't we imbued with the righteousness of your cause when we take up arms for you? Would you rather you own men and women died to make the point? And if your war is so noble, so necessary- why aren't you fighting it yourself? Think of all that before you spit on us, aruetii.
-Jaster Mereel, Mand'alor, Al'Ori'Ramikade, speaking to the regent of Mek va Uil, ten years before dying at the hands of a comrade he trusted. -Order 66 p.224[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:11 PM »
Torin jumps on his bike and mumbles something about needing to get a comm someday in Jawa Trade Language. I'm here, and next time someone calls me Wheezy, I will take a limb. He says before a slightly evil laugh comes out from his mask, I've always wanted to choke a Mando.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:03:51 AM by emissary666 »
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #425 on: July 23, 2009, 12:32:07 AM »
Alt engages his swoop's thrusters and roars forward swerving past buildings and other obstacles.  
He voices Okay. This way.

So let see... y'all are obviously doing work for Jabba and well you see you have to understand a few things about the locals here on Tatooine and the Hutts.

For those of you not familiar, the Hutts are the law here and run this backwater dust ball. They rival against each other keeping each in check.

Well, you see because of how dirty and corrupt these chakaar Hutts are, they get away with anything.  They have obtained alot of slaves and most of the farming communities are comprised of slaves to these Hutts.  

So you see, in a nut shell these slaves have joined the philosophical cause of the separatist for freedom from these oppressive Hutts, but are a more left-wing radicalists, working with some corporation here on Tatooine.  

We are heading to these radical CIS slaves, whose primary HQ is on the outskirts of Bestine.

So what are the specifics of Jabba's job concerning the CIS?  Even though I don't have those details yet, they will lead to Bestine, cause it's the biggest CIS gathering here on Tatooine, and just happens to be the closest spaceport to Jabba's palace. So if Jabba is envolved, all are answers will be tied to first going to Bestine.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:03:38 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: July 23, 2009, 06:48:06 PM »
Missing republic ambassador Jabba was doing business with. He suspects CIS involvement, I suspect that I will get to kill things
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #427 on: July 23, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »
Oh? Alt's voice is obviously with a hint of intrigue. A missing Republic Ambassador eh? A small pause follows over the comm channel as obviously Alt's thoughts are engaging.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:35:57 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #428 on: July 24, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »
That old bantha is still at it then.  He's so dedicated to his "cause". He is one atin vhett.

Well then, we definitely need to go to Bestine and see a not so friendly Duros named Mell.

He thinks to himself I wonder if she's involved too?

These CIS hold a secret a meeting at 23:15 for 15 standard minuntes with the corporation contacts.
He glances again at his chrono on his HUD.

Alt's voice cuts out.  He increases the accelerator to it's max as he exits Mos Eisley into the open desert heading west towards the setting suns.

Alt makes a perception's check to see if they are being followed/tailed, other details, and if any threats are ahead within his field of view

As he cut through the horizon at top speed, his cloak trails in the wind, exposing his right thigh where his blaster pistol has been concealed.  Alt glances down at his DC-15s Blaster Pistol in its holster. The Dune Sea is west of Wayfar and Bestine, those sand people like to run amuk at night.  I better keep an extra watchful eye.
He readies an action prepared to draw it if needs be.

[spoiler]
Perception Check 31 Woot! Natural 20
atin=mando'a for stubborn
vhett=mando'a for farmer
HUD=Heads up Display
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:06:30 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: July 24, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »
"Say Alt, mind telling us how you got all that info 'bout the CIS and their activities?" Jayce asks as he pulls up alongside the trooper.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »
Torin pulls up on the other side. I'm sure he won't mind, as I am pretty sure he WILL mind a lightsaber through the chest.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #431 on: July 24, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »
A grin is stricken across Alt's face, but he helmet covers his playful gesture.  He briefly glances noticing also how he is now sandwiched between his new associates.

Jokingly Alt's voice is heard over the comm. Oh you wouldn't want to be board with all my tales. He stress the sylables.  But, if you insist...Alt's body language and voice are stressed and dramatic, getting theatrical It begins along time ago in a galaxy not so far, far away...Oh!actually its this one!... He says smartalically.

[spoiler=OOC] :lmao Lol, I couldn't help myself[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:10:27 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #432 on: July 24, 2009, 05:58:20 PM »
OOC: Nice one :D

IC:

"That's all nice and good, Alt, but I'd like to be able to rely on my associates, so I'll have to ask you again: How do you know all the stuff you seem to know?"
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #433 on: July 24, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »
Alt continues, but whispers over the comm. Well, the truth is that a former associate, now in the mines, who had a friend, that knew a blood carver, whose sister was twice removed, hinted at all this.  It's all hush, hush you know.

Alt pauses for a few more seconds and then can't hold it any longer. He burst out laughing. I'm just kidding, y'all are so tense and edgy, except for the droid-he's probablly programed that way- that y'all aren't going to die from combat, but from stress.

But seriously...
his tone solemn again.  I've done some jobs recently for them.  As he continues riding, the last bits of light from the setting of the suns, shine on his exposed pieces of armor, he glistens a golden brown, a magnificent sight.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 03:17:58 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #434 on: July 24, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »
"Listen, Alt, we're on a mission for a Hutt here, okay? Things can get messy pretty damn fast. I just want to be sure I can rely on you.

I'm not askin' for your live's story, I didn't ask the rest of these guys when I asked them to join either, just askin' for any intel that might help us with our job, knowhutimsayin'?"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #435 on: July 24, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »
Jax watches all of this, amusement flashing through his circuits.  He remains quiet, let these meatbags underestimate him.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

stevemfred

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #436 on: July 24, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »
All business no play eh?
No, I do
he stresses understand where your coming from.

He reverses the direction of the conversation
So how about you Jayce? I'm sure most of us want to know how reliable your connection is for the job and everyone here. To see- Tion'ad hukaat'kama-whose watching your back.  How did you get so involved with the Hutts?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:45:13 PM by stevemfred »

[spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #437 on: July 24, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
"As long as you're telling us everything that's relevant, I don't mind some play, don't get me wrong. I just don't wanna end up toasted by some blasters 'cause someone didn't give me all relevant info, but you should understand that, you seem like a professional."

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: July 24, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
I was wondering that myself. I can see someone like me or Teela working with the Hutts, but Jayce? Actually, on the subject of work, I used to do some of the dirty work for the Hutts. People tend to do what their told when facing a Sith, less so if they think I'm a Jedi. Did you know that, before the Rule of Two, Sith were actually less feared than they are now? The whole "only two Sith at a time" makes us seems more powerful and mysterious and shit. In truth, there are plenty of Sith, they're just not recognized as such. Torin laughs. He thinks back to his days sitting in the cave, pouring his soul into the holocrons.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #439 on: July 24, 2009, 07:30:22 PM »
"I do what I need to survive on this desolate rock, Torin. You don't really think I'm a Jedi, do you? If I were, one of us wouldn't be alive right now. That is, if I actually believed you were a Sith..." Jayce replies somewhat sarcasticly to his Kel-dor companion.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:40:15 PM by BowenSilverclaw »