Author Topic: Across the Stars - Game Thread  (Read 50172 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Across the Stars - Game Thread
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:34:58 PM »
(Just pretend this is the opening crawl. :P)

The galaxy is troubled. With the recent assassination attempt on Senator Amidala's life, tensions between the Separatists and the Galactic Republic have been strained almost to the breaking point.

The Senate has recently voted to grant Supreme Chancellor Palpatine emergency powers, and provided for the creation of a Grand Army of the Republic. However, an ambassador to the notorious crime lord Jabba the Hutt has recently vanished.

Stretched thin across the stars, the Republic's influence stops short of the Outer Rim world of Tatooine, where a local dispute may have lasting repercussions for the entire galaxy...

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
Re: Across the Stars - Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »
It's been described as a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and today is no exception. The crowd in the Mos Eisley cantina looks especially rough today, and many of them are keeping visual organs on HoloNet news reports, their own weapons, or each other's trigger fingers. The harassed-looking bartender is hard pressed to keep drinks refilled, and even the casual games of sabacc and pazaak are turning into serious competitions.

[spoiler=OOC]Go ahead and introduce your characters (though not to each other).[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »
A rugged looking man sits at the bar, wearing a brown robe and sipping on his drink. He looks like he's been through a lot and it's clear he doesn't pay a lot of attention to his looks, his hair long and his face unshaven.
At the moment he's apparently talking with a Rodian while sharing a couple of drinks with him at the bar.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 07:37:56 PM »
A Kel Dor leans against the bar. He is chatting up a female human, waving his hand past her face when ever she begins to turn away
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »
Torin finally gives up on the girl and heads outside for a deathstick
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »
The sound of a poorly maintained repulsorlift engine winds down outside.  Moments later, a dust-covered blue Twi'lek strolls into the cantina and approaches the bar, her heavy blaster pistol holstered mid-thigh where everyone can see it.  With a gesture, she flags down the bartender and gets a brightly colored drink.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 01:19:21 AM »
Rassk, a ruddy colored Khil; stands in the emptiest corner of cantina, not that it has corners, or an empty one to stand it..

/thinking i hate places like this they taste terrible..

stands pondering why they have a bartender at all, and not a automated setup. it would be quite easy a few dozen nozzles, some actuators, might take a couple hours to assemble with programming.

/ compulsivly pats him self down every few minutes, cant be to carefull in a place like this...

/wonders which of the sabacc players has the cheater..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 06:36:22 PM »
A 3PO unit stands outside, arguing with the bouncer about whether or not he should be let in. 
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 06:40:31 PM »
Torin approaches the bouncer, This droid is allowed in.

Mind Trick: 20
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
Jayce's drinking companion leans forward, words slightly slurred. "So like I said, it could mean good money--and I mean real good money. 'Public doesn't go out this far, workin' for the Hutts is nothin' but a buncha blue milk runs. You interested?"

Torin waves his hand past the bouncer's face, echoing the earlier gesture he made to the Human female. The bouncer blinks a few times. "Sure thing, he can go in. Just gotta be careful around here, y'know? The Hutts aren't too happy with the Trade Federation right now." He waves Jax past and immediately seems to forget about him.

A Weequay strolls casually up to Teela a few minutes after she's ordered her drink. "You up for a game of sabaac? We're short a player ever since the last sentient decided to go all in." He gestures towards the game table, where a Jawa, a Trandoshan, and a Human sit.

Rassk hasn't been standing away from the crowd long when a Devaronian wanders up to him. "Wanna buy some death--" He blinks and looks confused. "No, no, that's not right...I'm going to go home, rethink my life...Many pardons, sentient."

[spoiler=OOC]Out of curiosity, how does a Kel Dor smoke a deathstick through his respirator? :P[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »
Turning its cold metallic gaze upon the Kel Dor, the droid says "Thank you sentient.  Let us discuss the reasons behind this inside."  The 3PO unit then walks into the cantina, its movements smoother and more coordinated than is normal for his droid type.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 07:15:32 PM »
After taking a sip from his drink, Jayce leans over to the Rodian and replies: "Well, it's not like I'm not interested Chido, I could use a break. But the fact remains I probably won't be able to pull it of alone, I'll need to find some associates. How long do you recon I'll have before they'll find someone else?"

He then turns to the bartender: "Bartender, another drink for me and my friend please."

[spoiler=OOC:]This might turn into a nice hook :)[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 07:18:35 PM »
Chido shrugs, draining the rest of his glass and turning his attentions to the new one. "Dunno. With the Hutts, 's never a sure thing...Could be a week, could be a month. Tell you what, I'll tell 'em you're interested if you think you can find some people."

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »
Torin follows the droid, once inside, he leads Jax over to a empty table. I know you aren't a 3PO. I spent most of my life with Jawas, so don't even try to pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about. You either owe me 500 credits or an explanation about what you really are.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »
"Thanks Chido, I appreciate that. I'll see what I can do about a team, I'll drop you a line when I think I have enough people. Cheers."
After taking a sip of his new drink Jayce turns around to take in all the customers at the cantina, trying to find anyone who looks like they might be looking for a quick pay without all the hassles of bureaucracy (sic?).

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 07:39:33 PM »
Among the teeming mass of customers, Jayce notes four sentients who stand out--a Twi'lek who is being accosted by a Weequay, a Khil standing off to the side, and a protocol droid seated at a table with a Kel Dor.

[spoiler=OOC]Yes, this is a shameless attempt at getting everyone in the same group. Also, Bowen, give me a Perception check.[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 07:42:05 PM »
Torin doesn't give the droid a chance to speak before talking again, Actually, nevermind. I need to credits more and any good Force sensitive for hire needs a droid companion. So, what do you say?
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 10:52:05 PM »
Teela glares at the Weequay, her hand lightly resting on the handle of her blaster.  "If you're after easy pickings, you might want to look elsewhere." She says in clear Huttese before turning back to her drink.  In the bar's mirror, Teela notes the presence of the Kel Dor and droid.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »
The droid chuckles metallically.  "I am a 3PO unit sir, JX-3PO to be precise.  Certain modifications have been made to my programming and chassis, but I can still fulfill all of the functions required of a protocol droid.  My credits are none of your concern, and will remain as such.  However, having a companion will make things much....easier for me.  Lone droids tend to attract more attention that I wish."
Notes to self

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 11:26:44 PM »
You know what I meant. Now, there are two people watching us. The blue Twi'lek female and the human male at the bar. The man is a Jedi. I am relatively sure the Twi'lek won't be hostile, but Jedi are not too fond of me. Torin explains with eerie accuracy. He turns his head and looks at the Tiw'lek, Come here. He telepathically tells her.

Assume that Torin always takes 10 on use the force checks and almost constantly senses his surrounding
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:31:06 PM by emissary666 »
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat