Author Topic: Campaign Thread V: Boobies in the Basement Make Up for an otherwise dull day  (Read 34850 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
"Most likely Cusic, though Ceus is probably helping assisting with it for organizations sake. I'm pretty much just cleaning; a sword isn't terribly useful for carpentry. I knew I should have been studying other skills...." Currently, Zach seems to be dressed in his sandals and hakama only, his haori and kimono folded next to his sword on a clean piece of flooring. With a lump of a rag in hand and a shoddy bucket containing water, he seems to have started cleaning the floors.

"I'm a good haggler, I'll help with the shopping.  Tina and Nina will be over soon to help with the cleaning. WHat all do you need?"

a couple of Dwarves wonder in  "We hear you need some carpenters.  You hired exterminators to take care of the whores yet?"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:28:28 PM by bhu »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Alcy sighs, then mutters to herself under her breath, "What we need is to find a way out of this plane..."

She wasn't happy having to resolve herself to staying in the Jester's realm, playing by the messed-up rules that guide the place. Thinking back on her training, she knew that there's always a way out. As powerful as some deities were, they were not infallible- They had weaknesses, and they occasionally overlooked things.

It wasn't even about getting home; It was more about not being trapped. Though she was no longer a being locked into chaotic tendencies by her very nature, she still yearned for freedom. Besides, there were so many worlds, so many different planes where evil needed to be vanquished. Here, trying to vanquish evil would likely just be seen as disturbing the peace. Things were just wrong here, and Alcy knew she couldn't abide it forever.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
"Most likely Cusic, though Ceus is probably helping assisting with it for organizations sake. I'm pretty much just cleaning; a sword isn't terribly useful for carpentry. I knew I should have been studying other skills...."
Honestly, Unless it needs her signature, I try to keep her away from organizational stuff. I see our friends have arrived.

"I'm a good haggler, I'll help with the shopping.  Tina and Nina will be over soon to help with the cleaning. WHat all do you need?"
Mostly furniture and food, basic supplies.

a couple of Dwarves wonder in  "We hear you need some carpenters.  You hired exterminators to take care of the whores yet?"
Yes we need carpenters, there aren't any whores, how soon can you start?

Alcy sighs, then mutters to herself under her breath, "What we need is to find a way out of this plane..."
"The only route out I can even speculate is a few orders of magnitude beyond my power and incredibly risky. And I highly doubt it's easy to aim."
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder

Mostly furniture and food, basic supplies.

"Mind if I look around?"

Yes we need carpenters, there aren't any whores, how soon can you start?

"So the  place ain't haunted no more?"

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
"Mind if I look around?"
Good Ahead. Have a map. (Ceus will mentally project a map to Dina, I love telepathy.)

We have yet to encounter ghosts other than I was formerly, but I believe more than one of the group more than capable of destroying ghosts.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
"Ah, home isn't home without the unsettled spirits of dead whores murdered within it's walls..." Zach leaves his garments folded where they were, but places his swords behind his back.

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Bartholomeow will move to the basement with cleaning supplies and summon a couple unseen servants to assist with making sure things are cleaned up.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
"Hmm, so what was that about hiring staff? Do we have funds to hire anybody?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
"Mind if I look around?"
Good Ahead. Have a map. (Ceus will mentally project a map to Dina, I love telepathy.)

We have yet to encounter ghosts other than I was formerly, but I believe more than one of the group more than capable of destroying ghosts.

"Fuckin' A.  Tell us what you need done and we'll get started.  Still ain't workin' at night though."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
Bartholomeow will move to the basement with cleaning supplies and summon a couple unseen servants to assist with making sure things are cleaned up.

You find lots of random crap and a perfectly healthy potted bonsai tree.  Oh and dust.  A lot of dust.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
"Hmm, so what was that about hiring staff? Do we have funds to hire anybody?"

Dina pipes up

"The Sheriff's office interns lots of people.  They work for room and board in exchange for being taught new skills to find better employment in the future.  In effect you'd be hiring someone to look after the place when you aren't here, represent you, etc.  A receptionist.  Also if you want armed guards, cooks, etc.  If you do the intern thing they won't cost you much, but you'll be expected to train them how to do something.  Or you eventually have the option of hiring them once you make it big."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
"Hmm, I suppose we could use some people to keep this place up to code, and help with other tasks. How soon should we begin these... interviews?"

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
"Fuckin' A.  Tell us what you need done and we'll get started.  Still ain't workin' at night though."
Basic repairs scattered around the place. I'll give you a good view of it. (Another mental map, but noting the damaged wood I noticed with touchsight earlier, so they know exactly what needs to be fixed)
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Joseph will do a sweep of the house for ghostys to desperse of
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

bhu

• Organ Grinder
Joseph will do a sweep of the house for ghostys to desperse of

You have a detect undead method?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
"Hmm, I suppose we could use some people to keep this place up to code, and help with other tasks. How soon should we begin these... interviews?"

"I'm sure people will be dropping by.  Word gets out quick.  Basically I'm saying have someone here who knows what you want."

At this point a tall statuesque brunette in a skintight black dress walks in.  She looks like a bad parody of a classic vampire seductress.  Or would if her hair weren't made of flowers.

"I understand you people bought this place.  The owner let me store some personal effects in the basement, would you mind if I fetched them?  They're just some old things of sentimental value."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
"I understand you people bought this place.  The owner let me store some personal effects in the basement, would you mind if I fetched them?  They're just some old things of sentimental value."
Ceusharath will take ten on sense motive for 34 (burning focus for inquisitor.)
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Nan

[spoiler]Sneaking into the temple is easy.  The nuns seem eager for mousing cats.  You find the mouse levels here disturbingly high too.  Granted after listening to the nuns nstruct people on how to lead their daily lives maybe the mice are  a punishment. 

You sneak toward the 'facilities' area, and can hear a strained "huuuuuuurgh' from inside.  Apparently they have benches with holes in them leading to a sewer below.  The High Priestess is there apparently attempting to dislodge a grenade.

"You wanna do it now or try timing it for just when it exits?"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
"Hmm, what would be more hilarious?"
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]"If you time it right the splosion could shower her in poops."[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
 :lmao  "Let's do that!"
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Teo looks for a room with a view. Heights are no problem to a denizen of chaos.

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Bartholomeow is curious about the small tree... so he casts detect magic and begins studying it.