Author Topic: 4 horsemen of the apocalypse  (Read 4646 times)

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
4 horsemen of the apocalypse
« on: June 11, 2011, 05:35:38 AM »
I'm looking to build the four horsemen of the apocalypse as described in Revelation 6. 
Wikipedia Cliff notes here:
[spoiler]  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse [/spoiler]
I want to focus on a layman's read, using exactly what the horsemen are using as written and not metaphorical interpretations. 

Alignment is not an issue, all 3.0 - 3.5 books and web enhancements.  Trying to stay away from 3rd party and Dragon magazine.

These should be no-higher-than 20th level builds, will accept standard or gestalt.  They will be used as BBEG's or maybe a mid-high level four horseman campaign at a later time(wrecking a mostly e6 world).
Cheese is allowed here.

White horse (Conquest) - has a bow and victory crown(or banner)
   Archer cleric?   Archerficer?   (Gestalt archivist/artificer... hrm)

Red Horse(War) - has a huge sword
   I'm thinking thrallherd to stage attacks and maybe reflavor titan bloodline to have a sword instead of a hammer, binder would be good here w/zercyl, maybe we can use a psionic anima mage adaptation 

Black Horse(famine) - has weighing scales...
   Im kinda stumped here... he needs to control supply/demand of goods globally... diplomancer wizard, Cancer mage?

Pale Horse(Death) (Hades/Hell following)
   Maybe some kind of druid, planar shepherd with a hellish(some kind of badass planar bubble) chosen plane and animal companion

Feel free to expand on my initial ideas or come up with something completely different, just keep in mind they should be able to do their job over 1/4 of the world
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:22:38 AM by JohnnyMayHymn »
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
Re: 4 horsemen of the apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 05:37:50 AM »
Reserved for submitted builds.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:10:16 AM by JohnnyMayHymn »

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 05:46:21 AM »
One is Famine, right? I think we finally found a use for the Blighter.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:19:21 AM »
AFB until tomorrow, does the blighter make big enough fires? Is it once a day or at least once/day(to regain spells)? Perhaps action economy tricks can be used to destroy crops on a massive scale. 
Still, my gut is telling me that a T1 caster will do it better...  :(  poor blighter...

EDIT:  cancer mage, blighter and planar shepherd(for crazy planar bubble tricks) possible? Worth it?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:28:01 AM by JohnnyMayHymn »

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »
Well, here's a build stub for War:
Level 15 Gestalt:
Reflavored Evil Saint (bought off), Human
Psion 5/Thrallherd 10//Feat Rogue 2/Warblade 13
Feats:
Exotic Weapon profiency (bastard sword), Monkey Grip, Jotunbrud.
Weapons: Gargantuan Bastard Sword.
---
For death, how about a Bone Knight//Druid/planar shepherd. The revelations tell of him as, getting power of a fourth of the earth, to kill by sword, plague or famine, and as getting the power over the wild beasts of the earth.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »
Famine should be a Walker in the Waste Druid

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »
It would be totally awesome if Famine had control over large swarms of vermin (say, locusts).

The only sure-fire way I can think of doing this is to use planar binding to call an unlimited number of Half-Fiend Hellwasp Swarms (or any other living, corporeal swarm with at least 4 int). Then use monstrous thrall to permanently bind them to your service. You can even use lesser telepathic bond to keep in touch (though you may want to avoid the XP costs for permanency somehow).

You have a couple choices if you go down this path: Archivists will have everything you need (Magical Training will let you get into Dweomerkeeper).
Cleric with the Domination domain works, but you'll only get to use monstrous thrall once per day. If you choose the spontaneous domain access ACF, that problem is gone as well. Needs to dip Malconvoker to get planar binding though (planar ally is a little unreliable).
Arcane casters: With Arcane Disciple (Domination), you gain monstrous thrall 1/day if you're a prepared spellcaster. You get it as a spell known if you're a spontaneous spellcaster. XP cost mitigation can be achieved through runesmith I believe.

It's also possible to use Dark Speech to create stronger swarms, but that opens a whole new can of worms if you know what I mean... best leave Dark Speech out of it.

Famine could simply set his swarms to wreck grain fields and leave olives and grapes alone.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:14:28 PM by Suzerain »

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 09:36:26 PM »
309 had these builds. dont know if they still exist.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »
Conquest: Bard 1/Warblade 4/Warchanter 10/Evangelist 5, with a focus on Perform (Oratory) and Perform (Weapon Drill), for that conquerin' goodness. His horse is his Kensai cohort, with a double PaO to keep him in horse form. Use the old Invest trick to get +30 BAB on every ally who can see him who can see him (banner is a reflavored Masterwork Alphorn, and his crown is, among other things, a continuous item of Divine Wrath) Every army he conquers becomes stronger as they fight (he can perform like a mofo, giving continuous benefits to his allies, which will be his army.)

I'll have a more definite build for him and the rest later on.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 11:11:14 PM »
i could see Conquest being an Orc Warlord with uber Leadership ;)

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 03:20:50 AM »
Famine doesn't need to mean just hunger for food... It could mean hunger for EVERYTHING: wealth, power, immortality, beauty, addictions, desires... I don't see any class other than Archivist fitting here, maybe an Enchanter Wizard? Also, Famine isn't Pestilence, so it doesn't make much sense using Swarms concept...

For War... "The power to take piece away"... That's tricky, something to work around Symbol of Insanity?

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 05:16:38 AM »
Meh, I'm sure you'll get plenty of game breaking builds, how about this?

Jacky Chan (aka War)
Warforged Warmage 6 / Warmage (the PrC) 5 / War Wizard of Cormyr 1 / Warweaver 5 / Warblade 1 / Warshaper 2.
Feats: Combat Casting1st, Eschew MaterialsF, Enlarge SpellF, Extend Spell3rd, Iron Will6th, Reserves of Strength9th, Imperious Command12th, Weapon Focus(any)B, Leadership15th, Residual Metamagic18th.

It can grant it's charisma bonus as AC to three creatures, create one heck of party buff, nuke the crap out of stuff, and even wade into melee utilizing White Raven party bonuses. Plus I mean, come on. Anyone can say Bard! or Psionics is broken. This thing makes a man out of you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 05:19:04 AM by SorO_Lost »
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 06:32:13 AM »
Perhaps, if gestalt, each should get a form of leadership... and a tier1 class. 

Im thinking a cleric//archivist uber-necromancer for famine...

I like the idea of orcs for conquest, //then buffificer? For the other side...

With war I think I would still pair thrallherd with binder for zercyll

Maybe a druid, planar shepherd (of shavarath or region of dreams)// arcane swordsage w/tomb of ancient lore for death, and give him that animal rebuking feat... ... :smirk