Author Topic: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull  (Read 101556 times)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Jibba Jabba II: When Squirrels Drink Red Bull
« Reply #940 on: May 01, 2011, 10:38:49 PM »
To elaborate on the item being discussed in the IC thread, the Necklace of Natural weapons applies per weapon. To apply a +1 enhancement to two natural weapons, ie: claw and bite, you'd pay 600 gp + enhancement value (2000) x number of weapons (2) or 600+2(2000)=4600 gp. To make it a +1 Flaming Necklace of Natural Weapons affecting two, it'd cost 600+2(8000)=16600, and so on.

As an addendum, my necklace of natural weapons already applies to my claws, I would like it applied also to my bite and tail slap (which would be like a 4,600 gp magic item).

Edit: As more explanation, the necklace only applies to the weapons that you pay for it to apply to.  It doesn't automatically apply to all of them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:42:01 PM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #941 on: May 02, 2011, 01:11:06 AM »
Thanks Jojo, totally forgot that listed items; honestly I'd only ever payed attention to the classes and feats.  :p

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #942 on: May 02, 2011, 01:38:17 AM »
D'oh! Should've read closer...sorry guys mom is driving me insane..

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #943 on: May 02, 2011, 02:25:59 AM »
Bhu, were we doing average hp?

Also, does anyone else have any input on my Phantom Cat unleash the beast ability?  We have one vote for energy drain, but recognize that I'm probably never going to get the speed enchantment on my claws. 
Notes to self

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #944 on: May 02, 2011, 02:37:18 AM »
Since most of your abilities in that class have saves based on Cha, I'd go for that poison ability to make sure everything else hits if you could lower the save initially. With so many party members, someone can definitely help screw that up for people, if you yourself don't have the ability.

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #945 on: May 02, 2011, 04:51:44 AM »
Since most of your abilities in that class have saves based on Cha, I'd go for that poison ability to make sure everything else hits if you could lower the save initially. With so many party members, someone can definitely help screw that up for people, if you yourself don't have the ability.
i have a spell that fits the bill
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #946 on: May 02, 2011, 05:25:36 AM »
Bhu, were we doing average hp?

Also, does anyone else have any input on my Phantom Cat unleash the beast ability?  We have one vote for energy drain, but recognize that I'm probably never going to get the speed enchantment on my claws. 

Yup, max for level 1, average after

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #947 on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:12 AM »
I agree that the Poison abilities looks good, but so do the level drain and pounce abilities, so it really comes down to what fits your character more - weakening or poisoning those you hit, or being a flying furball of fury (that's how I'd describe the pounce ability). The ability that gives you natural armor is pretty nice, too, but if you're not getting hit too much then I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #948 on: May 02, 2011, 03:18:34 PM »
It might be suboptimal, but I think I'll be going with pounce.  The poison seems just meh to me, especially considering that the save DC is never going to be particularly high.  My cha mod is +2.  I'm torn between Energy drain (which helps half of my attacks) and pounce (which is pounce).  If this game hits high enough, I'm going to be doing a very large amount of damage with my natural attacks.  Rough calculation puts "high enough" around level 10 right now.   :p

Also, average hp for d8 is 4.5 right?  Ergo my hp = 6 + (4.5 * 6) + 7 (con) = 40?  I know it's noon here, but I just woke up.   :p
Notes to self

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #949 on: May 02, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »
It might be suboptimal, but I think I'll be going with pounce.  The poison seems just meh to me, especially considering that the save DC is never going to be particularly high.  My cha mod is +2.  I'm torn between Energy drain (which helps half of my attacks) and pounce (which is pounce).  If this game hits high enough, I'm going to be doing a very large amount of damage with my natural attacks.  Rough calculation puts "high enough" around level 10 right now.   :p

Also, average hp for d8 is 4.5 right?  Ergo my hp = 6 + (4.5 * 6) + 7 (con) = 40?  I know it's noon here, but I just woke up.   :p
Sure a Lion totem (Complete Champion) Whirling frenzy (unearthed Arcana) barbarian wouldn't be a nicer way to gain pounce? Spiritual connections to a lion fits the character well, as does gaining speed instead of endurance from a rage.
It's a barbarian, but trades fast movement for pounce and changes you rage to be fast and furious (extra attack, all attacks at -2). plus some extra hp, and full bab. Plus you can probably still have a level of phantom cat, I think, which means energy drain and pounce. Sadly not, phantom cat needs Harrowed 5/CB 1 to enter.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:02:15 PM by jojolagger »
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #950 on: May 03, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »
I'm not adding a level of barbarian.  That sets back my plans too much.  Good idea, but this isn't a maximum optimization game so I'll be okay.
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #951 on: May 05, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »
Any thoughts on what you want yet shadow?  Lots of scrolls maybe?

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #953 on: May 06, 2011, 06:14:54 AM »
I know your mind is preoccupied by personal matters, bhu, but you spoke IC using OOC names. Just thought maybe you want to edit them. Also, sorry I haven't gotten my new sheet/build to you yet. Been busy, and still trying to figure out my feats. Other than that I'm just about done.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #954 on: May 06, 2011, 06:23:52 AM »
In my defense it is 4 am  -_-'

Thanks Venn, cant believe i did that

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #955 on: May 06, 2011, 07:04:53 AM »
It's ok, I didn't mean to make it seem like a big deal or anything. Just thought I should point it out. *shrug*

Of course, it's now 5 am here. Uggghh... gotta go sleep!

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #956 on: May 06, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
Hey! It's a gawd, I'm sure he's acutely aware that he's in the middle of a PbP DnD game.

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #957 on: May 07, 2011, 07:54:51 PM »
I honestly have no idea what I'd like for Savorel. More charisma is always good, of course, but I've begun to wonder if favored soul was the best class for her concept (peaceful healer/wise old (blind and deaf) grandma). If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to post.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #958 on: May 09, 2011, 05:12:54 AM »
SOlara and Sir Shadow: You guys thought of anything specific yet?  I can point out actual items if you want some.

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #959 on: May 09, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »
yea, that'd be good, I'm just really not sure what is appropriate to ask for.