Author Topic: [3.5] Fixing Eldritch Knight with one addition  (Read 3733 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
[3.5] Fixing Eldritch Knight with one addition
« on: February 20, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
Skills: Add Martial Lore

Arcane Maneuvers: An eldritch knight gains access to maneuvers as a warblade of his class level. He does not gain the warblade's recovery method. Instead he may recover a single maneuver as a swift action by expending an arcane spell slot of a minimum level one below the level of maneuver (eg. refreshing a 4th-level maneuver would require a spell of 3rd level or higher).

Okay, two additions. :p I was just thinking about how I usually give my ToB homebrew maneuvers "as an X" and was wondering about alternate methods of initiating. No, this isn't just turning maneuvers into extra spells - you can still ready maneuvers as normal between encounters, without burning magic. Anyway, this gives you a use for those low-level spell slots.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:45:24 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: [3.5] Fixing Eldritch Knight with one addition
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
I'm not sure about the "equal or higher level" thing. Spells are generally more powerful than maneuvers of the same level. Would one level lower work?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: [3.5] Fixing Eldritch Knight with one addition
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »
I'm not sure about the "equal or higher level" thing. Spells are generally more powerful than maneuvers of the same level. Would one level lower work?
I suppose that would also let you use your cantrips for something. Sure.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]