Author Topic: A Little Touch of Healing, A Little Touch of Harm (Random Thought I had)  (Read 1042 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Basically, a priestly class.

Sacerdote:
d4 hitdice, good will, poor BAB.
-Gains what is basically touch of vitality from the Dragon Shaman, only at 1st level and the number of points spendable at one time are limited to class level+wisdom modifier. Replace Dazed in the 5 point category with Dazzled, add Shaken to the 5 point category, Frightened to the 10 point, and Panicked to the 20 point. Grant them the ability to inflict the conditions they can heal, with the poisons and diseases duplicating diseases whose DC's are lower or equal to 1/2 level+10; adds wisdom to the DCs of poisoning or diseases created this way. None of the other abilities give saves. Total pool limited to class level*wisdom modifier.
-Turn Undead as a Cleric of their level-3; only has 1+charisma modifier uses, and can spend turn attempts to recharge above pool.
-Gets free Divine Feats and the Domain Granted powers of their Deity's domains.
-Can channel "touch of holyness" (that pool mentioned earlier) into a smite-like attack; points become limited to class level spent with 1 attack, with Wisdom added to attack roll. Can be used with ranged weapons out to a range of 30 ft+10 ft per point spent on increasing the range. Unlimited uses.

So, what tier would this be? I may consider just turning the Vitality-esc thing into a base pool, and then create a list of "Blessings" you can use with it.

Any ideas on improvements?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: A Little Touch of Healing, A Little Touch of Harm (Random Thought I had)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:18:49 AM »
Melee based class with d4 and bad BAB? Seems you don't have nearly enough class features to make this into something yet. You have a base concept, Lay On Hands which can also hurt. Then you tacked on other class features that are pretty boring, Turn Undead and feats. What if you made it a class based around the Positive and Negative energy planes? Have something like Eldrich Blast that doesn't scale so shitty, make it an attack action, and allow it to both harm and heal. At some point it gets the ability to do both at once. Condition can be inflicted with it.

Eh, I dunno. I guess my only real suggestion was to make it a ranged ability or up the HD.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: A Little Touch of Healing, A Little Touch of Harm (Random Thought I had)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 02:38:23 AM »
Hmm, I like your ideas; maybe tie this into the Invocation User project I'm pseudo-working on?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing