Author Topic: OOC banter  (Read 190741 times)

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: OOC banter
« Reply #440 on: August 20, 2008, 07:30:31 AM »
Convince me. The thread I was asked to post in. And the only post on the topic I've decided to have. :pout
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #441 on: August 20, 2008, 07:37:37 AM »
Ah, that. I see. Well, in any case, back to the task at hand... :P

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2008, 07:41:16 AM »
I don't know if you listen to the podcast, MS, but I feel like we should point the thread to the BGs for their episode on Love/Sex/Etc in Gaming. :P
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »
Feel free. I'm sure they'll enjoy reading it and being inspired. :P

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #444 on: August 20, 2008, 10:29:28 AM »
And yes, I meant bluff. After all, the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince everyone he doesn't exist...

Handy Links

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #445 on: August 20, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »
AC: I love how you don't look back at all. If they can't keep up, they are not worthy of hanging out with you anyway, so awesomely lawful evil.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #446 on: August 20, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »
 :D
Dispater takes no pity. Why should his priests?  :lol
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #447 on: August 20, 2008, 05:58:22 PM »
Much less Ur-Priests...

Irthos: You want to know something specific about the erinyes or is that just an IC description?

Handy Links

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #448 on: August 20, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »
Nah, just a description.  Thanks for asking though.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #449 on: August 20, 2008, 06:20:28 PM »
Nah, just a description.  Thanks for asking though.
I thought I might've missed continuous Arcane sight or something. Had to check so that you don't think I am totally ignoring you.

Handy Links

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #450 on: August 20, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »
I haven't had Morthos persist Arcane Sight just yet.  I figured I should have my spellbook complete before I actually try to cast a spell. 

You wouldn't completely ignore me, I think we enjoy debating with each other too much for that :D

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #451 on: August 21, 2008, 03:18:21 AM »
Hey guys, just shamelessly plugging my new project here. I welcome all criticism, constructive and otherwise...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:26:06 AM by Mister_Sinister »

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #452 on: August 21, 2008, 03:23:07 AM »
need an = sign in your code, there ;)

Is that the Zap and Slap? I don't do 4e, but I do want to congratulate you on it, since I love me some cleric-flavored classes
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2008, 03:26:33 AM »
Damn, my coding isn't always that hot. And yes, that is right. Why thank you, good sir! More of my writing shall be forthcoming.

Check them both out!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »
Sig the guide, that usually helps you get some props and critique.

Handy Links

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »
Will do, thanks for reminding me!

Check them both out!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2008, 05:58:30 PM »
Want a little teaser?

The fluff behind the archdevil. Only a rough draft, wrote that in 15 minutes...
[spoiler]Her kin had degenerated and fighting to extend tyranny to each part of the Cosmos had become an impossible task. Once the Lilim were a great race, one of the most powerful to be exact, and a widely accepted rumour said they were  born from the Lady of the Sixth, Lilith.

This was to be the last battle she could go through with her people and she knew it. Internal arguments, even anarchy, was tearing the formerly so well-organized community apart and the immensely strong Lilim could not continue any further. No-one could fathom why they were becoming nothing but a cluster of killers, an uncoordinated band of mercenaries. At least no-one but the Lightbringer.

When the enemy had been beaten Mazikeen saw something that apparently her comrades could not observe. She was standing on top of a hill watching her armies kill the last retreating misfits of fate and she had no idea how to react to the stranger. This strange man wore nothing but a white toga and his body was surrounded by heavenly light. It was the most beautiful sigh she had ever witnessed and she thought the Heavenly Host was there to slay her right where she stood.To a great surprise the man said "Mazikeen, I know you and you know me. Your race has grown weak, pathetic and in this condition it does not advance what you want it to. I give you a month. When this time has lapsed you have eradicated your armies and you call me." At this point the Supreme Commander of the Lilim already had a clear vision of what to answer "How could I call you? I have no idea who you are!"

She yelled only to realize the man was not there to hear her answer, he had faded as suddenly as he had appeared. The words of the mysterious stranger had Mazikeen ponder, but the political rampage within her armies were about to explode in to a full-scale mutiny. As a solution to all the problems she marched her army in the middle of a Blood War and in the final charge against the rushing demon armies she left the ranks to observe her armies being devoured by the Abyssal hordes.When the last of her men had died she closed her eyes and whispered "Lucifer, I am ready."

Mazikeen of the Lilim is the paragon of her race, a true representative of lawful evil. As the legend says, her race indeed has been born from the damned womb of Lilith, the Lady of the Sixth, but who fathered this race is a total mystery to all but the Overlord of Hell and his avatars. Paranoid as ever, Lilith herself has several theories regarding the race, but her finger never pointed to the King of Hell, the Lightbringer.

Before the Dawn of Gods Lucifer knew he would need allies and the first malefircareim born from the Pit would betray him should any of them have an opportunity to do so. The Lords of the Nine had no real evidence of the superiority of their master and Lucifer did not want to interrupt her war with the Realms Above to orchestrate a show of power to make sure his minions stay under his heel. Thus he magically started Lilith's pregnancy and according to the plan she cast her spawn out from Malebolge and it took only a few millennia for this race, the Lilim, to become a dominant one in the world they occupied.

However, it took untold millennia for the race to start degenerating into the raging mass it was when Mazikeen first met Lucifer. As the entire Cosmos knows, the King of Hell had time to wait. The Dawn of Gods came and passed, the notorious Lords of the Nine were locked within the Ninefold Realm, but Lucifer's plan had just become ripe for the final blow. He appeared to the most powerful member of the race, Mazikeen, the Supreme Commander of the Lilim. Having her slaughter the remaining warriors was easy and after that her soul was forevermore bound to Nessus.

Not even Mazikeen (though it is apparent this was planned by the Lightbringer himself) knows what caused her to acquire the moniker Infernal Mistress, but some gods who cherish knowledge and entities of great intelligence, such as Mephistopheles, are fairly certain that the two never had a sexual relationship. In spite of this, Lucifer and Mazikeen became a pair that would be feared all over the Cosmos and the Infernal Mistress would do his bidding on several occasions in the future. By some powerful magic no mortal mind has ever known Lucifer could send Mazikeen out of Hell, which meant she would often travel to the Mortal Coil to get whatever his master needed. Indeed no other Duke, Archdevil or even a Lord (save for Asmodeus and Lucifer) have left Hell as often as Mazikeen.

Mazikeen looks nothing like a devil. She stands at exactly 6 feet and her long hair is straigth and blue. In battle she uses a brown leather armor that has chain reinforcements but normally she wears togas of blue and white colour. The left half of her face is covered with a featureless white mask that is known as the Infernal Disguise. Beneath the mask she is hideously deformed due to a past accident of unknown origins. Her skin looks as if it had been subject to both acid and fire. No form of healing magic can remove this feature. As a famous soldier and superior commander she always carries two magical shortswords collectively known as the Inlaid Damnation. The swords seem to be made of pure light and they shimmer even when there is no other source of light present.

[/spoiler]

Handy Links

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »
Awesome work, Tshern.  Makes me wanna do research rolls to find out how he sends her out of Hell...

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »
Yes, rather. Your fluff is going from strength to strength, and this is promising to be very cool. Plus, she's optimal! This makes her better than DF entities, who seem to be made by people who think that wasting feats on Alertness was a good idea.

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #459 on: August 22, 2008, 12:03:49 AM »
Gotta agree. I enjoy the fluff, even if it is only a rough draft.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook