Author Topic: OOC banter  (Read 190743 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: OOC banter
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 07:02:31 PM »
You're right, I didn't clarify that in the original post, my apologies.
But yes, I will indeed be using the Lesser Planetouched option found in the back of PGtF.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »
I posted the WIP on the character sheet, so advice and criticisms are open !

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »
I may be going combat cleric after all. Can i use the divine version of abjurant champion and maybe a reflavored Ordained Champion of Dispater?
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »
I can actually see Abjurant Champion of Dispater being very flavourful given all the defensive boosts. Yes, you can use both of those given that you are a Cleric of Dispater. I will need to come up with Dispater's domains though. As per Dicefreaks' rules that means six domains... Evil, Law, Tyranny, Knowledge and Inquisition are given but the last one is a tough nut to crack.

Edit: Baator, Evil, Inquisition, Knowledge, Law and Tyranny are his final domains. Locations are SpC, PHB, CD, PHB, PHB and SpC respectively.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:03:59 PM by Tshern »

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »
Okay so if Dictum is going combat cleric, I'm thinking ranged cleric.

I'd be using a Changeling, grabbing the feat from RoD that makes me count as a human and the Otherworldly feat to be an outsider (human, native, shapechanger) and polymorphing into arrow demons.  What are everyone's thoughts on that? Too dirty/cheesy?

Also, Tshern: The 10th level of Bone Knight makes the armor not able to come off of me... Can I either A)have the armor transform with my polymorph or B) use wilding clasps to keep it?

Edit: While I'm at it, how do you feel about A)Reflavored Initiate of Mystra and B)Extraordinary Spell Aim?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:15:20 PM by aftercrescent »
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 10:19:36 PM »
Several things from my end, Tshern.

1) Are custom magic items allowed?

2) Can I use actual dragonscale as-per the Frank and K rules instead of dragonhide full plate? Frank and K dragonscale is heavy armour with +9 AC bonus, +4 max Dex, -5 ACP. I will pay the same amount for it (3, 300gp before enhancement) if you think it is too good.

3) Any flaws you can suggest for extra feats for my guy? If they are allowed, I would really like to use them.

4) Will deeper darkness protect me from the bad effects of sunlight? In fact, while we're at it, what ways CAN I protect myself from sunlight?

5) How will goggles of day work with the K vampire?

6) Any good feats for a shield user? I know lance and board isn't exactly efficient, but Frank and K's knight makes it worthwhile.

Thanks

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 12:45:47 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find Frank and K's stuff so I can see if anything is worthwhile for my ideas?

Edit: Tshern, might I suggest Planning as the final domain instead of Baator. Baator actually counts as 2 domains, if you want to get technical, while, from what i understand, Planning fits right up his Iron Grace's portfolio. :D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:53:00 AM by aftercrescent »
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 01:13:43 AM »
Frank and K stuff is here.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 06:05:55 AM »
Okay so if Dictum is going combat cleric, I'm thinking ranged cleric.

I'd be using a Changeling, grabbing the feat from RoD that makes me count as a human and the Otherworldly feat to be an outsider (human, native, shapechanger) and polymorphing into arrow demons.  What are everyone's thoughts on that? Too dirty/cheesy?
I don't know about the rest, but I don't have any problems with you polymorphing into an Arrow Demon. The only problem I can see is some fluff issues since we work for a DEVIL and all that :P
Also, Tshern: The 10th level of Bone Knight makes the armor not able to come off of me... Can I either A)have the armor transform with my polymorph or B) use wilding clasps to keep it?
Wouldn't you keep it even in a polymorphed form since it's granted by a class ability?
Edit: While I'm at it, how do you feel about A)Reflavored Initiate of Mystra and B)Extraordinary Spell Aim?
Pick up a Roar of Effort tm as well while you're at it ;) :P

About my character, I originally intended to go with a Shentarim Skymage GOD Wizard, but I would need a crapton of charisma to make my mount viable which really kills my dexterity and constitution.

My thought about any options concerning this problem so far:
1) Keep Dex and Con at a 10 and suck it up.
2) Play a Sorcerer instead so I can focus on Cha and my Dex and Con will be decent (~14-16)(and try to be as much of a GOD as possible with the limited spell selection...Yeah, not gonna work  :wall)
3) Go with a Mounted Charger Sorcadin and abandon the GOD concept. This does mean delaying entry into Abjurant Champion by quite some time though, so it will be more of a Sorcerer with 2 Paladin levels than a true Sorcadin at least untill around level 16...
4) Abandon the dragon mount idea and go with a standard GOD opening up more room for Incantatrix and Fatespinner and keeping my other stats besides Int somewhat decent as well.

Any thoughts about this, you guys?
I'm currently leaning towards option 3 or 4. The highest number of HD for my mount I can get with option 1 would be around  14 HD maximum, with options 2 and 3 it would be around 16 HD maximum.

~Bowen

EDIT: Okay, so the best I can get if I stick with option 2 or 3 would be something like a Juvenile Blue Dragon, not all that uber...

Unless someone convinces me to play something else, I'll go with a Tiefling GOD Wizard.
I don't think I'll go with the Phrenic Lesser Tiefling, since that would set me back 16000 XP, which means I would start out at level 10. Experience may be a river, but lagging behind 2 levels seems like a bit too much, unless you guys think the Spell Resistance of 25 (including gear) would be totally worth it :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:12:17 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 06:29:46 AM »
Damn, we don't have a skill monkey :(

So here are my ideas:

Combat cleric (Cloistered Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 5/Abjurant Champion 3) with Power Attack, DMM (Persistent), Knowledge Devotion and Holy Warrior.
Spellthief 11 with imp familiar (btw, can i buy a psychic reformation) ?
Cleric Skillz (Factotum 1/Cloistered Cleric 11)
Swift Hunter (Scout 4/Cloistered Cleric 1/Ranger 7)
Strange Cleric Skillz (Beguiler 1/Cloistered Cleric 4/Ardent Dilettante 7)
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 06:59:30 AM »
I don't know about the rest, but I don't have any problems with you polymorphing into an Arrow Demon. The only problem I can see is some fluff issues since we work for a DEVIL and all that :P
Well that's only if I go ranged, and the character concept will be akin to the Iron Grace himself, supreme paranoia. If that has me being a demon in body in combat, so be it. I'll still be LE to the core, and I won't be persisting it :P

But it's just a thought, and I need to see what everyone else is planning first :D
Wouldn't you keep it even in a polymorphed form since it's granted by a class ability?
The class ability fuses my armor to me. The armor itself is not a class ability, so RAW it would meld into me when polymorphed (I think). I'd love if it didn't, but I want clarification, just in case :)

Pick up a Roar of Effort tm as well while you're at it ;) :P
Goes back to the paranoia ;). Have to ask. Likely won't take either, but I like to consider all possibilities, you know. Who knows, maybe I'll grab the Roar too ;)

1) Keep Dex and Con at a 10 and suck it up.
Con at 10? And a wizard? I may be crazy, but that sounds like a BAD idea.

2) Play a Sorcerer instead so I can focus on Cha and my Dex and Con will be decent (~14-16)(and try to be as much of a GOD as possible with the limited spell selection...Yeah, not gonna work  :wall)
Also not a great idea to be GOD in sorc form, but could be a decent arcane non-GOD :shrug

3) Go with a Mounted Charger Sorcadin and abandon the GOD concept. This does mean delaying entry into Abjurant Champion by quite some time though, so it will be more of a Sorcerer with 2 Paladin levels than a true Sorcadin at least untill around level 16...
4) Abandon the dragon mount idea and go with a standard GOD opening up more room for Incantatrix and Fatespinner and keeping my other stats besides Int somewhat decent as well.
Sorcadins interest me, but Incantrix >> Sorcadin, power wise. It's really your call.

EDIT: Okay, so the best I can get if I stick with option 2 or 3 would be something like a Juvenile Blue Dragon, not all that uber...
Go thrallherd and get a mind-slave dragon ;)  :lol

Unless someone convinces me to play something else, I'll go with a Tiefling GOD Wizard.
I don't think I'll go with the Phrenic Lesser Tiefling, since that would set me back 16000 XP, which means I would start out at level 10. Experience may be a river, but lagging behind 2 levels seems like a bit too much, unless you guys think the Spell Resistance of 25 (including gear) would be totally worth it :P
Phrenic is HOT. That being said, it's your call. Frank and K have a tiefling outsider without LA so you don't need the lesser version, just fyi...

@ Dictum: Any of those sound good, really. :D
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 07:32:18 AM »
Damn, we don't have a skill monkey :(

So here are my ideas:

Combat cleric (Cloistered Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 5/Abjurant Champion 3) with Power Attack, DMM (Persistent), Knowledge Devotion and Holy Warrior.
Spellthief 11 with imp familiar (btw, can i buy a psychic reformation) ?
Cleric Skillz (Factotum 1/Cloistered Cleric 11)
Swift Hunter (Scout 4/Cloistered Cleric 1/Ranger 7)
Strange Cleric Skillz (Beguiler 1/Cloistered Cleric 4/Ardent Dilettante 7)

I vote for either the Combat Cleric, the Cleric Skillz (since that would actually get us a skill monkey) or the Spellthief (again the skill monkey thing, but also because I haven't seen a Spellthief in action yet and because Imps ROCK! :P)

~Bowen

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 07:50:22 AM »
After: Why do you need Extraordinary spell aim reflavoured? Would you remind me where is it from?  Wilding clasps+Bone knight armor is okay, but Initiate of Mystra rewrite is not as it makes no sense to gods with no magic portfolio.

M_S: 1. Custom items must be run through me. 2. Yes, that is okay, pay half the price for it. 3. They are allowed and if you find additional flaws from web sites they can be used after my scrutiny. You could take Shaky, you're not into ranged attacks anyway. 4. Yes, but you need to come up with something yourself or ask your fellow players. I do not know. 5. Goggles of day?
6. Shield ward (I think) adds your shield bonus to touch AC...

Quote from: aftercrescent
Edit: Tshern, might I suggest Planning as the final domain instead of Baator. Baator actually counts as 2 domains, if you want to get technical, while, from what i understand, Planning fits right up his Iron Grace's portfolio.
Why does it count as two domains? Moreover, Planning would be a better substitution for Knowledge, but knowing the reasons why you want it to be used... I'll think about it.

Bowen: Don't bother going mounted charger. You've got plenty of melee and even a mounted charger already.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 07:57:50 AM »
I don't need extraordinary spell aim reflavored so much as I wanted an opinion on the cheese factor involved, because it would allow me to persist an AMF that didn't affect me... :smirk

It's from Complete Adventurer or Complete Warrior, I always forget.

The Planar domains count as 2 domains, it's mentioned at the beginning of the planar domain section, iirc.

@ Tshern, would you allow a reworked Tashalatora feat that stacked monk with clerical casting instead of psionic manifestation? :angel
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 08:03:40 AM »
I don't need extraordinary spell aim reflavored so much as I wanted an opinion on the cheese factor involved, because it would allow me to persist an AMF that didn't affect me... :smirk
I wouldn't mind if you did this, just don't come crying to me when Tshern sends in the Orb Artillery or some Warblades with a Roar of Efforttm :P

EDIT: I've decided to go with a GOD wizard, a Phrenic Tiefling (F&K's version if that's okay with you, Tshern?). This does mean I'll start at level 10 though, but I think (hope ;)) I'll manage :P

~Bowen
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:11:59 AM by BowenSilverclaw »

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 08:11:50 AM »
Okay, so based off this...

Irthos Levethix: GOD
Bowen Silverclaw: GOD
Dictum Mortuum: Spellthief or Skill-Cleric or Swifthunter
Aftercrescent: Melee Cleric or Ranged Cleric
Llyochn: Debuffer
Mister Sinister: Mounted Charger

Sounds about right? So DM, I pose to you, do you want the ranged role or should I take it? Or do we leave it to the GODs and I go melee while you go skill or spellthief?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 08:36:46 AM »
Bowen, you didn't drop the lowest die in your rolls.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 08:46:33 AM »
Okay, so in addition to a reworked tashalatora, I have a couple Frank & K questions
How do you feel about the Boneblade Reaper and their version of Zen Archery?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 08:55:25 AM »
Bowen, you didn't drop the lowest die in your rolls.
I just checked, and I did drop the lowest die. I did however forget to include adjustments for the Phrenic template. I updated it and clarified which roll was used for which ability :)

~Bowen

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 08:57:21 AM »
Bowen, you're supposed to drop the lowest of the four dice you roll. So a 6,6,5,4 is not a 21, it's a 17 (you drop the 4 and only count the 6,6,5) :D
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook