Author Topic: OOC banter  (Read 190741 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: OOC banter
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2008, 11:54:23 AM »
My thoughts exactly, not as a *HULK SMASH* spell :P

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2008, 04:44:27 PM »
Irthos: I usually try to make sure that every player has something to do in the encounter, so you will not be facing a huge number of creatures immune to all your abilities.

Handy Links

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
LoL, well cool.  I just got kinda worried after what aftercresent said.  No worries though-
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2008, 02:00:51 AM »
Sorry Irthos. Didn't mean to worry you, just making sure everyone's on the same page ;)
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »
First Draft of my Ur-Knight is up here. I still have a little over 20,000 to spend and my spells to prepare, but I should be effective at crowd control (20' reach) and I have knowledge devotion/collector of stories, too.

Question to the arcane casters: Do any of you have extend spell and/or would you be willing to cast extended GMW and MV on me?

@ anyone who knows Ur-Priest mechanics well: Am I correct in assuming that I add the Ur-Priest level and the CL from Bone Knight and then add 1/2 my Bone Knight level (Since it's a casting class that is not cleric) to get my CL (which would be 8?).

Edit: Also, is everyone worshipping Dispater as an Elder Evil?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:47:42 AM by aftercrescent »
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2008, 07:52:35 AM »
Question to the arcane casters: Do any of you have extend spell and/or would you be willing to cast extended GMW and MV on me?
Would you be willing to provide a Pearl of Power of the appropriate level? I mean, I'm willing to cast them for you wether you have the cash to spare for it or not, but it would be nice if it would only cost me one spell slot instead of two ;)

@ anyone who knows Ur-Priest mechanics well: Am I correct in assuming that I add the Ur-Priest level and the CL from Bone Knight and then add 1/2 my Bone Knight level (Since it's a casting class that is not cleric) to get my CL (which would be 8?).
Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with Ur-Priests to answer that one ;)

Edit: Also, is everyone worshipping Dispater as an Elder Evil?
I know I am, and I believe Dictum Mortuum is as well. Not sure about the rest though.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2008, 07:55:26 AM »
I'm a gift from Tiamat to heir neighbour, basically. I serve him well, but my devotion goes to Tiamat :)

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »
Bowen, I'm assuming your CL is 10+ so I should only need 1 extended per day, so yes, I would be willing to supply you with a pearl of power, although unless you're a spontaneous caster it'll just get you that same spell back, so maybe if Llochlyn *nudge* needs either casted for him or his mount we could split the cost ;)
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2008, 08:00:37 AM »
You guys work that one out amongst yourselves :P
But yeah, I currently have a CL of 10, and I can Extend it, so that should work :)

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2008, 09:13:45 AM »
I accept spells cast on me :p

I have a supply of level 1 pearls of power too, so I might provide one. I have no mount though, I'm the debuff guy with a few charging tricks (given one of my debuffs triggers of a charge).

My charging is not over the top but has great potential.

Leading the Charge + Rhino's rush + Flying charge + Battle Jump + Knowledge devotion ->  about a 4d6+80 charge, wich triggers Dreadful Wrath to boot. If you want to stack more on the Llyd though, I'm ok with it :p

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2008, 09:46:39 AM »
Hells yeah I'm worshipping His Iron Grace as an Elder Evil, I'm one of his personal assassins on rogue Devils and the like.

On a side note - I went to go visit one of my mom's friends, and her husband is an old AD&D geek, right?  He busted out a copy of the original Dungeon magazine, and had The Fires of Dis, an AD&D adventure.  Really kinda neat, and random as hell.  (Pun intended)

I had this on the Min/Max board, but no one ever answered me, so here it is again:
Question about the Spellthief-
At my level, I can steal 6th level spells.  In the description, it says something along the lines of "You can pick which spell to steal, but if they don't have it, the DM randomly determines what spell you steal."  Okay, groovy.  Can I say "I want to steal a 6th level spell" instead of "I want to steal Disintegrate"?  Seems like it would be pretty effective, especially coupled with Arcane Sight.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:26:17 AM by Irthos Levethix »

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2008, 12:07:02 PM »
After: To your Ur-Priest question: No, I think it's your Ur-Priest level+Bone knight CL as Bone knight is not a spellcasting class per se, it only advances casting.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2008, 08:34:49 PM »
After: To your Ur-Priest question: No, I think it's your Ur-Priest level+Bone knight CL as Bone knight is not a spellcasting class per se, it only advances casting.
Fair enough. I was a bit worried with a low CL for Ur-Priest but then I realized I can pay for Iron Will which frees up a feat for practiced spellcaster. :D

I'll hopefully finish crunching the character out tonight. :D
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2008, 07:02:36 AM »
Quick question guys. I remember reading somewhere about increasing the number of charges on items like Healing Belts and the like. I can't find those rules in the MIC though. Am I just hallucinating or what?

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »
Around what levels of optimization are we playing at?  (From this thread)  I'm probably a 2, 2.5 or so, but I'm not coming in with 4d6+80.  Probably my most powerful attack would be a Split Enervation for 2d4 negative levels, +4d6 negative energy Sneak attack (under the right conditions).  I know that's nothing to sneer at, but its not like I can do it every round, either.  I just wanna know, is this guy going to be sub-par to the rest of you?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »
Probably 2-3.5, but not more. I expect you guys to support each other and as a DM I will make sure everyone is meaningful in combats and whenever possible extend that policy to noncombat situations as well.

I actually modified your game's setting a bit. Here is what I had and what I have now:

Before
A chaotic evil deity was about to swarm Dis with huge armies in order to take down Dispater and then continue to other Perditions. This is now completely scrapped as I got a better idea and this would really never work out.

Now
Dis is soon to be under assault from a lawful evil entity. What your characters don't know is that the attacker is Lucifer the Satan, Asmodeus' predecessor. He has already ran over most of Avernus and set free the previous ruler of the layer, Astarte, who joined in the fight against the original malefircareim who are still ruling their layers. Belial and Beelzebub are fallen angels, who are yet to declare whether they remain out of the fight, turn against Asmodeus or help their fellow Lords. Due to the events of the Dies Irae, aka Days of Wrath, Dispater and Mephistopheles do not trust Mammon and Lilith is generally very unpopular in Hell and both Dispater and Mephistopheles dispise Leviathan, so their cooperation seems unlikely. However, it is certain that Lucifer has to go through Dis before challenging the other layers.

As you might figure Asmodeus is not surprised at this attack and ever-so-crafty Dispater is hard to take by surprise as well, so they have plans so far-reaching that they might seem preposterously useless. However, they are some of the most cunning entities in the cosmos, so they know what they are doing.

So far Lucifer has recruited Sammael, Astaroth and Astarte to his team. You will not know this yet, but expect it to be revealed at some point. What you know is that Avernus is under a huge attack from an army that doesn't originate from the Seven Heavens or the Abyss, which is pretty much unheard of. Another very surprising matter is that the Lord of the First, Bael, seems to be utterly outmatched and he has called for back up. How the other Lords answer to this will tell a great deal about the future allies and foes of Dispater...

History of Hell
Both Lucifer and Asmodeus are avatars of the true Overlord of Hell, who again was a part of a trinity that formed the axis of law, The Progenitor of Nirvana, The Supreme Virtue and our little Overlord. Lucifer went AWOL after a battle with Asmodeus around the Dawn of Gods when first deities started to emerge countless of millennia ago. During the early millennia of Lucifer's reign the evil energies of the Nine Hells of Perdition formed the first malefircareim who we know as Astaroth, Dispater, Mammon, Adrammelek, Leviathan, Lilith, Sammael, and Mephistopheles. These eight also became the first Lords of the Nine in the court of Lucifer the Satan. Actually, some of the Lords were already very close of controlling an entire layer before Lucifer came in, for example Leviathan just swore loyalty to Lucifer when he first saw him even though Stygia was in his hands already.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:28:41 PM by Tshern »

Handy Links

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »
Oh yes, I had another idea as well. If you guys want, we can combine Move silently/hide and Spot/listen. Yay or nay?

Handy Links

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »
I do it in all my campaigns, so it's a move I agree with. Llyd is not concerned at all though, so I'll let it up to the users of these skills to decide !

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2008, 02:41:33 PM »
That'd save me alot of skill points, so I'm game. 

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »
I'm totally not stealth based, and not a scout either, but if it'll help our scouts, I'm all for it.

Edit: and Talsor is up and finished... I think -> http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59929

I posted a link the character sheet thread. Let me know if anything is amiss, Tshern. I haven't prepped spells yet, is that okay?

Also, do you want a mini-sheet on the post with the link, for easy reference?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:20:01 PM by aftercrescent »
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook