Author Topic: OOC banter  (Read 190743 times)

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: OOC banter
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »
Me, hasty ? Noooooo... Just bored !

[in before : "that's what she said", thanks]

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2008, 09:02:41 PM »
Reading on Arcane Trickster, the description doesn't say you gain Spells Known with spells per day.  This is about the only class I've found that doesn't say that, and I've always thought it was just a typo, but whats the ruling on this one?

Also, can Devil-Touched feats (Fiendish Codex II) qualify for the Elder Evil devotion?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:58:02 PM by Irthos Levethix »
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2008, 11:49:47 PM »
Also, can Devil-Touched feats (Fiendish Codex II) qualify for the Elder Evil devotion?
By a strict reading, no. But then again only the vile feats in Elder Evils count for dedication. If Tshern wants to open up all vile feats and/or Devil-Touched feats, I wouldn't complain :flirt
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2008, 12:22:32 AM »
Yeah, I know, but the Devil-Touched feats have the flavor it seemed like they were going for. 

Also, if I take the Domain granted power ACF, can I use Baator?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:29:24 AM by Irthos Levethix »

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
No to devil-touched feats, yes to Baator Domain granted power.

Handy Links

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »
Updated my character sheet a bit.  I maxed Search/Disable Device since it seems we were lacking the skill monkey for that, and I'm playing the rogue-ish type of guy.  I'm still not walking up to the door/trap to open/disarm it, but I think I've got us covered.  Is someone playing the party face/diplomancer type?  Seeing as how we're dealing with Devils, it seems like a good idea.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2008, 01:37:58 PM »
So, I managed to finish my preliminary spellbook today :)

Obviously the number of spells is a little bit high at the moment, so I'll be scratching at least some of them :P
Any tips about which spells to scratch and also any tips about great spells I've missed are most welcome :)

~Bowen

EDIT: How does one use spoilertags on these boards? ???
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
There's a neat little button on the reply page, thats the easiest I think.  If you want to type it, its [spoiler ][ /spoiler] without the spaces.

[spoiler]Do you think you got enough spells?[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2008, 02:18:28 PM »
Thanks for the tip :)

Also, was that a real question or were you just being sarcastic? Can't tell atm between the internet killing subtlety and being sick and drowsy :P

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »
*Sigh*  My sarcasm doesn't seem to work over the internets.  On a side note, I was looking at the DCs you'd have to hit to use co-op spell to persist some of my spells, and they're pretty freakin high.  Are you hitting DC 40 fairly often?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2008, 04:09:02 PM »
I haven't done skill points yet, so I can't say that I'll be able to cover the face role, but if I have the extra points, i'll do it.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »
*Sigh*  My sarcasm doesn't seem to work over the internets.  On a side note, I was looking at the DCs you'd have to hit to use co-op spell to persist some of my spells, and they're pretty freakin high.  Are you hitting DC 40 fairly often?
My Spellcraft check is currently at a +42, so I think we should be able to Persist some spells :)

EDIT: Due to a large portion of my skill points going to Spellcraft and cross-class skills to be able to qualify for Mindbender, my Knowledge skills aren't on par with those of a regular wizard, so if anyone can fit in some ranks in Knowledge in their build that would be great :) The only one I have at the moment is Arcana, and I only had enough skill points left to put 10 ranks in that.

~Bowen

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 05:17:21 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »
I thought about taking Devil's Apprentice to use Knowledge Planes as diplomacy on Devils, it fits the flavor of my character, and it would fill that role.  The major problems with that are 1) I'm not sure I want to use a feat for it, and 2) I'm pretty strapped for skill points too, since almost all my ranks in Disable Device were cross-class.  I could lower some of the other knowledges, but I think the wizards are the only ones getting Dungeoneering.

And Bowen, wow man.  Just wow.  I think I love you.  Suddenly Persistant Greater Invisibility doesn't look so far away....

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2008, 08:22:33 PM »
Don't worry, Llyd is a knowledge monkey :) 

Checks are not over the top, but I can hit DCs in the 30 range fairly often.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »
We do all remember that whatever we use can and likely will be used against us, right? I mean give me 3 or so more levels and I'll be immune to crits, so invisible rogues won't worry me as much, but for now... ;)
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2008, 01:53:13 AM »
Well, I surely hope every monster I run into isn't immune to me, otherwise that's just plain no fun.  Using something against you is one thing, completely negating a PC is another.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2008, 03:51:59 AM »
Well, I surely hope every monster I run into isn't immune to me, otherwise that's just plain no fun.  Using something against you is one thing, completely negating a PC is another.
Agreed, but just to be on the safe side, start saving up money for those Augment Crystals that let you Sneak Attack Undead and Constructs and maybe some wands with Gravestrike and the like just in case :P Speaking of which, don't forget the Wand Chamber for your weapon(s) and shield if you've got UMD, everybody!  :D

Don't worry, Llyd is a knowledge monkey :) 

Checks are not over the top, but I can hit DCs in the 30 range fairly often.
Awesome, I'll stick to Arcana then, so I can keep my Spellcraft on the desired level and maybe get some other useful skills as well since I don't have to invest any more cross-class points into Bluff and Diplomacy and the like :)

We do all remember that whatever we use can and likely will be used against us, right? I mean give me 3 or so more levels and I'll be immune to crits, so invisible rogues won't worry me as much, but for now... ;)
Meh, I'm already immune to crits at the moment :P But agreed, I'll try to keep the cheese somewhat limited except for my insane Spellcraft check ;)

Speaking of cheese, what are your thought on Polymorph? Does anyone want me to use it to buff them or plan on using it themself? Assassin Devil is mighty tasty for a rogue :P Otherwise I think I'll keep it's use limited to situations when we really need it to get out of a deep shithole...

EDIT: Anyone have any ideas or links for awesome Tiefling names? I suck at names...

~Bowen
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:53:39 AM by BowenSilverclaw »

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2008, 03:53:00 AM »
I was just pointing out that we may want to watch what we let loose. Like I said, I'll adapt, but if we walk around all day with persistant greater invisibility, the first time we get jumped by persistant greater invisibility creatures with some method of detection will hurt. :D  That being said, invisibility isn't something major to worry about. I haven't looked at what else everyone is bringing to the table yet, so I just wanted to throw that out there :D

Edit: As for polymorph, I wasn't planning on using it, but I can if needed, so I'll leave that up to everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:54:44 AM by aftercrescent »
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »
To me, polymorphing is cheesy and doesn't look cool at all ;)

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »
I planned on having Polymorph, but using it as more of a utility/scouting spell, if at all.  I just like to be prepared.