Author Topic: Soul manifester (please help)  (Read 6214 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Soul manifester (please help)
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 01:28:59 AM »
So dark_hound, with 8-12 additional team mates you might do well to pick a specific niche for your character to focus on. Where do you see the character excelling?

And for the Erudite, I never argued that the class was mechanically sound or balanced. But speaking from a pure power perspective it sits with the tier 1's.
And you'd be wrong.

And I may ask you to elaborate but that would be well... appropriate.

Technically speaking, its a Tier 2 class with a Tier 1 variant. Built properly, its Tier 1. Played poorly or built inappropriatly, its Tier 4.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Lurker

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 01:54:50 AM »
So dark_hound, with 8-12 additional team mates you might do well to pick a specific niche for your character to focus on. Where do you see the character excelling?

And for the Erudite, I never argued that the class was mechanically sound or balanced. But speaking from a pure power perspective it sits with the tier 1's.
And you'd be wrong.

And I may ask you to elaborate but that would be well... appropriate.

Technically speaking, its a Tier 2 class with a Tier 1 variant. Built properly, its Tier 1. Played poorly or built inappropriatly, its Tier 4.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5117.0

And JaronK doesn't know how to build good characters.  The guy is a shitty optimizer and his tiers are stupid.

dark_hound

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 02:30:49 AM »
And you'd be wrong.

@dark_hound: Ardent is a bit funky, but if you can make your own mantles (or go through the trouble to cherry pick mantles to get the important powers you want), it's better than psion.  Medium BAB, better HD, mantle powers are basically in line with bonus feats, and wisdom helps your will save.  Not as many skill points or feats, but psionic feats aren't that big of a deal anyways (you'd want link power, psionic meditation, and that's just about it).  For feats, there's not a whole lot to it.  Knowledge devotion if you think you can pimp the checks, link power+psionic meditation for quicken lite with hustle, expanded knowledge depending on what powers you want, shock trooper, etc.

Make your own mantles :plotting  I will have to look into this.  Though I am a sucker for skill points, wish I could talk to my dm about this.  Night here

@dark samuari
Scaring people, but that's too easily to be a specific niche, huh.  Charging's out, told bbn to do it.  Need to find the king of smack build that would help a lot.  I'd like a leadership role like buffing, draconic auras, and crusader 2, but that goes against optimizing 1st rule, don't give up 9lvl spells/powers.

The dragonscale husk, hvy armor sub. looks nice can you use bracers of armor with it?  It doesn't state it's a armor bonus.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:48:02 PM by dark_hound »

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »
King of Smack + Incarnum = President of Smack
I think both are still available, in the index back on 339. Good stuff.

Psion will give you more powers.
Ardent will get you to Metamorph, and then also Schism faster, with Practiced Manifester feat, and the Mind's Eye Substitute Powers update.
Oh, and the level 4 psi-power in the Incarnum book. Mandatory for a Psi/Inc build.
And yeah, go for the 18, or 19 ML with early entry trickery.
Thats the only way to fly.