Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160361 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »
Q118 - Is there any other spell that grants immunity to Stun other then Favor of The Martyr, Stone Body and Elemental Body?
Imbue with spell ability onto a familiar who readies an action to cast an anti-stun spell?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
Q117 :monodron modrons don't seem to have arms. but the older books mention them using tools/weapons  :twitch

In the Dragon magazine article has arms on all of theirs

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2011, 02:09:13 AM »
Q 119 In one of the books, there was a high CR inevitable NPC. I think around 19-21. Anyone know the location of it? I think it was LN in alignment.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2011, 02:20:41 AM »
Q 119 In one of the books, there was a high CR inevitable NPC. I think around 19-21. Anyone know the location of it? I think it was LN in alignment.

Fiend Folio, I believe

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2011, 02:22:02 AM »

Fiend Folio, I believe
Nope, not that one, unfortunately. This one's an actual NPC with a background.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »
I believe either Elder Evils or Champions of Ruin has an npc one, more likely its Elder Evils if memory serves

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: June 04, 2011, 02:34:43 AM »
I believe either Elder Evils or Champions of Ruin has an npc one, more likely its Elder Evils if memory serves
Bingo! Thank you.

Nemo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #327 on: June 04, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »
Q120
When Artificer uses metamagic like Fell Animate or Toppling Spell on spells casted from wands, which Caster Level he uses? His own, or one from the wand? Toppling Spell using Artificer's CL and Ability Bonus would be, well, a great way to make Magic Missiler even funnier.
Fell Animate is strange, if its dependant on wand's cl, it means that I have different control-pool per wand? So I can make ten cl20 wands of sonic snap and finish enemies with fell animating snaps, having ten 20hd control pools?

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #328 on: June 04, 2011, 12:49:13 PM »
Q121: Is there any way to reduce the action required for The succubus's Greater Teleport SLA? (Quicken spell like ability doesn't work because its a 7th level spell) Preferably to a move action.

Reading complete arcane leads me to believe that anything that quickens a spell but dosent change the spell level should work... Sudden quicken being one of them but with 6 prerequisite feats id rather not... Also a greater metamagic rod: Quicken works but its 170k
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:08:48 PM by Littha »

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #329 on: June 04, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »
"Reading complete arcane leads me to believe that anything that quickens a spell but dosent change the spell level should work... Sudden quicken being one of them but with 6 prerequisite feats id rather not... Also a greater metamagic rod: Quicken works but its 170k"

Seduce the magic item merchant into giving you a discount on it.

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #330 on: June 04, 2011, 06:36:44 PM »
Q122: Is there a way to make half-plate light? Or some other way to make the Ranger's combat style work in half-plate?

Mithril gets me to medium is there some sort of magical enhancement that can be done to make it light?
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »
"Reading complete arcane leads me to believe that anything that quickens a spell but dosent change the spell level should work... Sudden quicken being one of them but with 6 prerequisite feats id rather not... Also a greater metamagic rod: Quicken works but its 170k"

Seduce the magic item merchant into giving you a discount on it.

While as a succubi i could "Suggest" that he gives me the item its not really going to fly with my DM to get a 170k item at level 12

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
Q122: Is there a way to make half-plate light? Or some other way to make the Ranger's combat style work in half-plate?

Mithril gets me to medium is there some sort of magical enhancement that can be done to make it light?
Yes, but it's a ridiculously high + to get it. I think it's like +3 or something. But no, there's no way to make a Ranger's combat style to work in anything that's not considered medium or higher armor. I'd also like to make note that even if the half-plate was light, the ranger still couldn't use it because they're not proficient.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #333 on: June 04, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
Q123: Are there any ways of getting Slippery Mind within 4 levels?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #334 on: June 04, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
A122: Half-weight (from Underdark) makes it light, but as Kevin_video said, it's a bit pricey at +3. You can get it for +2 instead if you've already got Illithidwrought on your armor (another +2 enhancement; gives +2 insight to AC if you're psionic, +1 insight to AC if you're not).

Q123: Are there any ways of getting Slippery Mind within 4 levels?

According to this list of stuff, Spymaster 4, Contemplative 2, Witch Slayer 4, Dragon Descendent 4, and Zhentarim Spy 4 get Slippery Mind. A Psychic Assassin can get it in 5 class levels (I only mention it because it's not on the list and it may be worthwhile if you're going a psionic route).
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Zebu

« Reply #335 on: June 04, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
Q124 Other than Master of Many Forms level 7, is there any way to gain the Extraordinary abilities of a form you assume through Polymorph?

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: June 04, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »
I'll bump this back up.

Question 116

So I'm having some trouble with Knowledge Devotion in an unarmed build I'm constructing. Now does one apply the bonuses from knowledge devotion to every type of damage dealt? For example if I'm bull-rushing a character with dungeoncrasher levels would the damage progression look something like this:

unarmed strike 1d6 +4 str +2 knowledge devotion + dungeon crasher 4d6 +8 str +2 knowledge devotion +1 power attack

Or would knowledge devotion only apply once to the whole thing (as opposed to every new damage source)?

And also ask Question 125

Regarding the feat Martial Stance, does the stance chosen through the feat have to be the standard first level stance (even if your character's initiator level would be higher)?

Zebu

« Reply #337 on: June 04, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »
A125 The feat states that you have to meet the "normal prerequisite of the stance."  If you have a higher initiator level, you meet the prerequisites of higher-level stances.  Note that some stances require a certain number of maneuvers as prerequisites (in addition to an initiator level).

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
A125 The feat states that you have to meet the "normal prerequisite of the stance."  If you have a higher initiator level, you meet the prerequisites of higher-level stances.  Note that some stances require a certain number of maneuvers as prerequisites (in addition to an initiator level).

Excellent...

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: June 04, 2011, 09:45:23 PM »
Thanks Garryl. Thanks to you too kevin_video but it would have been much more usefull if you had mentioned sources :).

A116 Bull Rush usually doesn't deal damage, so it would be just the dungeoncrasher damage with knowledge devotion, but if you somehow did do damage during a bull rush it would depend on how it would work. If it is a second attack then knowledge devotion would apply to each attack if it just adds to the damage then knowledge devotion would apply just once.

A helpfull way to think of it is to think of DR, each time DR applies so does Knowledge Devotion. So if you did something like manyshot KD would apply to each arrow. Since confusingly enough KD isn't precision damage like sneak attack.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."