Author Topic: Eight Trigrams Sealing Spell Array - Ayu  (Read 4775 times)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
Re: Eight Trigrams Sealing Spell Array - Ayu
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 11:56:37 PM »
[spoiler]Was Ayu actually thrown back/away from the beast, or just descriptively?[/spoiler]

Descriptively. You weren't hurt so I guess its no biggie anyway.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 01:37:15 PM »
"I've been wanting to try this one out. Lucky you, getting to be the first one to see it."

At the same time, Ayu slammed his palm onto the searing chest plate of the monster. Instead of burning, however, his hand acted as a conduit for the energy he had built up inside himself. It flowed out of Ayu and into the best, then exploded outward, leaving tiny fractures in the chitinous armor. Nothing else was disturbed, even the dust in the air that the two combatants had thrown up in their skirmish remained floating in its same lazy patterns of swirls and eddies. Its job done, the light faded away once more.

Attempting to quickly capitalize on the opening he had created, Ayu went to tap Yoshimitsu for a rapid strike. He acted too quickly, however. With the light within gone once again, Ayu's arms felt much heavier than they had just previously, making his strike all too easy for the beast to swat away.

Ayu's breathing had become deep and ragged as he fell back a few steps. The battle was coming down to the wire; it was getting harder and harder to dodge the attacks each time they came. He could tap into Healing Whale if he got beat up a little, but it would do no good if he got put down in one shot. With any luck he'd survive the counterattack just long enough to deliver his own and end this thing; he had to, so he could move on and someday fight the real version of this monster.

[spoiler]Alright. From now on, then, unless you say otherwise I'll assume nothing of mechanical interest happened.

Standard: Unleash my combo finisher Light Puck.
Drain targeting Toughness, -4 penalty to all toughness saves, no save allowed, the penalty lessens by 1 point every five rounds. 15 ft range, not actually touch as description would suggest
Move: Yoshimitsu
Strike, +10 vs defense, critical on 16, DC 25 toughness, cannot pull punches, cannot use if restrained
1d20+10=11 (Ultra fail)[/spoiler]
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 11:04:06 PM »
Feeling the threat to its existence, and frankly quite surprised that a mere child can achieve what his father could not with the mastery of the pins, the beast decides its time to get serious.

Clapping its palms together as the flaming environment twists and turns into a magic circle, the beast roars an intelligible incantation as a meteor appears like a shining star in the sky.

Having done its work, the fires around him died down, and the beast looks somewhat exhausted. Taking a defensive position, it holds its ground.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 12:41:39 AM »
That meteor was worrying; Ayu couldn't have long before it impacted and inevitably crushed him and mildly inconvenienced the beast. He didn't have time for fancy frills or elaborate movements anymore. This battle was suddenly serious business.

Ayu vanished for a split second, once again appearing in the air by the beast. Instead of stabbing the spear he energized in his hand into the monster this time, however, he instead made it extend and pierce into the exoskeleton of his foe. As he fell, Ayu leveraged hard on the shaft, snapping it off; he then spun into a frenzy of slashing blows with its ragged tip. He landed in an awkward crouch as the last remnants of the energized weaponry dissipated into the air.

[spoiler]Gonna keep burning Fresh Line and Yoshimitsu because they have the best chance of downing the thing before squish time, and exhausting them will give me an excuse/reason to switch things up if there's another combat after the Gate.
Transfer 4 from defense into 2 attack and 2 toughness dc.
Standard: Fresh Line
Teleport to adjacent to the target, Strike at +14 vs defense for DC 25 toughness, critical on 17. Unreliable flaw of the 5-use variety, down to 1/5 uses left.
1d20+14=17
Move: Yoshimitsu
Strike, +12 vs defense, critical on 16, DC 27 toughness, cannot pull punches, cannot use if restrained, unreliable flaw of the 5-use variety, down to 1/5 uses left.
1d20+12=17

Status
[spoiler][[Status]]
Combo: 0

Current Deck:
Yoshimitsu (1/5)
Healing Whale
Velocity Tackle (4/5)
Fresh Line (1/5)
Sexy Beam (4/5)
Player Pin

Defense: 18
F/R/W/T: +7/+12/+10/+8[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 01:53:51 AM »
The ferocity of Ayu's blitz is commendable, but the beast is strong enough not to succumb by it. Roaring in laughter, the world disappears as the meteor smashes upon the ground, blinding Ayu in a flash of grand light.

"Come at me...if you dare..." is the only mocking voice echoing in Ayu's mind as he is thrown out of the gate.

-Gate encounter ends-
[spoiler][/spoiler]