Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 93488 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #620 on: February 22, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »
If no one's doing anything, and we're just going to talk, can we assume that combat's over? Or does someone still want to attack the demons?

Big Al's going to be flying higher on his turn to see if he can get a better look at the dragon (and see what type), and if Melkior flies up any higher, he'll be able to watch the demons fight what's coming.

The roaring creatures move up to 150 feet, and 450 feet.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #621 on: February 22, 2011, 02:04:38 PM »
Raptor will continue to ascend so he can see what is going on.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: February 22, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »
Basically it takes about a minute because some of them can fly at 120 and others only at 60, but they all rally together to take on this colossal-sized creature. You can't see it very well to tell what exactly it might be, but you do see that its skin almost shimmers, but its skin colour almost seems a dull or muted beige.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #623 on: February 22, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
Melkiors plan was to follow the demons for a while, and peppering them with arrows while still keeping a good distance. Just to make the general lose charges on his wand and be annoying.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #624 on: February 23, 2011, 02:12:06 AM »
Melkiors plan was to follow the demons for a while, and peppering them with arrows while still keeping a good distance. Just to make the general lose charges on his wand and be annoying.
You could, but be sure to watch out so you don't get caught up in their fight. Also, with them being in the trees fighting you'd have to deal with cover. Just a forewarning.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2011, 02:16:49 AM »
[spoiler]Can you talk when you're in the form of a roper?[/spoiler]

The being looks down on the dragonborn, from his height of 10 feet. "I don't want to work against you, if that's what you're asking. I can't help in a resurrection though. I'm not equipped to do that."

Did I write Roper? Meant Choker, if I'm mistaken I change into a Half Red, Black, White, Green, Blue, Beige, Platinum Dragon Choker. Before I talk to him, chokers can speak.
I went back and it does say choker. I must have ropers on the brain. No one's able to give me a clear cut answer on any of the questions I've been asking. Not even Sean Reynolds. That's how messed up 3.5 is.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: February 23, 2011, 02:09:30 PM »
With combat essentially over, everyone can do as they please now.

Roar 1 stops where it is, and doesn't come any closer. Roar 2 stops at 200 feet and doesn't move, and the demons all attack it.

Anyone wanting to continue after them, they are 250 feet away from the mansion itself, and 15-20 feet down (the trees are 65 ft tall).

Anyone who's got it, the druid and the dwarf are both dead, and could use a resurrection.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #627 on: February 23, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »
BTW, for anyone who needs it again, here's the list of stuff that was found in the secret room.

+1 Illuminating Quick Loading Precise Collision Light Crossbow of Force
Celestial Blade (+3 large bastard sword with Illuminating ability)
Keen Spectral Dagger (+1 dagger)
Hawkfeather Armor of Speed (+1 studded leather with haste 3/day for 1 rnd)
+1 Called Mindarmor Light Steel Shield
Goggles of Night
Robe of Thunder
Quicksilver Boots
Strongarm Bracers

Wand Bracer
- Wand of Mark of the Enlightened Soul (50 charges) 4th lvl (Clr/Sor/Wiz)
- Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges) 1st lvl (Brd/Clr/Drd/Pal/Rgr)
- Wand of Light (50 charges) 0th (Brd/Clr/Drd/Sor/Wiz)
- Wand of Remove Paralysis (50 charges) 2nd lvl (Clr/Pal)
- Wand of Tongues (50 charges) 2nd lvl (Brd/Clr/Sor/Wiz)

2 Potion Belts (Holds 6 potions each)
- Potion of Barkskin +5
- Potion of Remove Disease (x2)
- Potion of Cure Serious Wounds (x2)
- Potion of Displacement
- Potion of Remove Fear
- Potion of Neutralize Poison
- Potion of Enlarge Person
- Potion of Blur
- Potion of Lesser Restoration
- Potion of Magic Circle Against Chaos

Scroll of True Resurrection
Scroll of Discern Location

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #628 on: February 23, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »
You could, but be sure to watch out so you don't get caught up in their fight. Also, with them being in the trees fighting you'd have to deal with cover. Just a forewarning.

Ok he wont, but he'll scout the monsters they are facing with his 80ft perfect flight (flying 320ft up and towards the monsters each round until he can see them), then he returns to the rest of the group at the same speed.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #629 on: February 23, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »
 :banghead I'm pissed right now. I just responded, and wrote a crap ton of stuff, and then the site did the SMF crash again, and I lost it all. I couldn't even go back, and copy it.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #630 on: February 23, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
Okay, let's try this again. My luck I won't explain things as well as I had before.

I looked over your character sheet again, so this is based on what spells you've got on right now.

You're not sure what the demons are fighting. You think you know, but it's different from what you believe it to be. You're guessing that given its size, and the shape of its head and jaw (when you see it biting at the flying demons) that maybe it's a tarrasque, but it's got strange looking spines coming out of various parts of its body, and its skin seems to shimmer when it's exposed to the setting sun, or shadowed over when it's not. The large burst of light came from that creature. After the brightness subsided, the creature was gone. As if it had never been there previously.

You have no idea what the situation is for the demons. Obviously they won or the creature would still be there, but with the trees being so tall and thick, and you being so high up, you can't tell. What you do see, however, is a bit of movement coming towards them. By "movement", I mean the lower branches of the trees are being brushed up against. Regardless of whether it was the fight, or the flash of light, something's attention was caught, and it's being more stealthy.

As for the other creature, you can't see it. You see movement in the brush, but there's nothing there other than noise. It sounds like there's a fight going on down there, but you don't know to what end. You think you'd have to get dangerously close to see exactly what was going on. At any rate, it's not coming any closer to the mansion. At least not right now. Whatever it is, it's not as big as whatever the demons fought.

Going as high as you do, you can see more of the island.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

With the sun starting to set (a Survival check will tell someone it's around 19:00 hours), the terrain is looking darker. You do see in the very, very far distance what looks to be a tower.

On the rocky hill area, between the ridges and the rougher standing areas, you think you see a couple of giants. One in the middle, one to the far North. Again, like the creature you saw fighting the demons, their skin seems to shimmer slightly in the sunlight.

In the middle of the lake, you see what looks to be a small boat, and someone standing in it, going north-bound.

Other than that, you can't really see anything of note. You know you'd have to get closer to the tops of the trees to really see anything.

You do take note that there is a set of stone stairs that lead down from the cliff-face. If you hadn't been flying above them, you might have missed them as they blend perfectly into the rock. For those that can't fly, they can climb down the 80 ft set of stairs. They look like they'd have no problem supporting something that was large-sized.

During this time, everyone feels another earth quake.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #631 on: February 26, 2011, 01:21:53 AM »
remind me who has the res scroll any way?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #632 on: February 26, 2011, 01:22:48 AM »
remind me who has the scroll any way?
That's a good point. I'll have to check that out. Someone had packed everything up in a bag of holding before the demons arrived.

Also, I must be missing something, but Astral Devas get resurrection spells? Where?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #633 on: February 26, 2011, 01:32:49 AM »
Found it. Alenatorion had gone back to secure the items in a bag of holding. He'll give you the scroll without any issues. He'll remind everyone that the dwarf may be down, but the druid is part of the team is and is also in need of that scroll.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #634 on: February 26, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »
That's a good point. I'll have to check that out. Someone had packed everything up in a bag of holding before the demons arrived.

Also, I must be missing something, but Astral Devas get resurrection spells? Where?

my bad wrong Deva see FF, 57 Movanic Deva 1/day raise dead SLA caster level 7 spell.  not to bad for a Summon monster 7

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #635 on: February 26, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »

my bad wrong Deva see FF, 57 Movanic Deva 1/day raise dead SLA caster level 7 spell.  not to bad for a Summon monster 7
So it is. Too bad Fiend Folio isn't one of the allowed books. Which is kind of stupid, actually. I'll allow it. I'm using it, after all.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #636 on: February 27, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »
Melkior will do the druid if he died within the last 20 minutes.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #637 on: February 27, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
Melkior will do the druid if he died within the last 20 minutes.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #638 on: February 27, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »
Revenance makes me live for a few minute, which I die afterwards, resetting the timer.

But first, the attacks from the bear, which will probably do nothing.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #639 on: February 27, 2011, 01:47:44 PM »
Revenance makes me live for a few minute, which I die afterwards, resetting the timer.
Yeah, I just asked about it on the simple question thread. That is some major cheese.