Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 93493 times)

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »
I can just not target you if you want. :P

:lol :lol :lol
No that wouldn't be necessecary.....

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2010, 12:14:17 AM »
I have anticipate teleportation up

EDIT:
By the way, where the demons Undead? It sure seemed like they were described as death knights, in that case, add 5 to Melkiors damage and attack roll.
And I counted the squares. You do not know where they are appearing.

No, not all of the demons were undead. Just the general and his lieutenant. Who were the only ones who teleported out. The two remaining are the female, the bar-lgura, and the large-sized (not huge) glaberzu who's out in the hall.

The ceiling is 20 feet high.

I'll be putting everyone's posts into one post, basically. I've actually got less power here than I did at the last forum. I'll be quoting a lot in order to pull things off.

Raptor is outside the circle, but within the 20 foot radius of the Cloudkill. You had walked in, and were kind of close. You were out of weapon swinging damage so no one could have hit anyone in melee, but the spell still got you.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2010, 12:24:58 AM »
New map

[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2010, 01:03:42 AM »
I have to admit that the last page of the IC is WAY too busy for me to do much anything. I mean, most of it if 1 or 2 rounds too early.

First, everyone but Rezzik is in the fog so you have a 20% or even 50% miss chance, unless you have blindsight. Even then, you have to be near the opponent to attack. Dez is 20 feet away from S, and has a 50% miss chance.

I agree with Venn that everyone's doing everything too fast. Some of it will have to be revised unless everyone's using a belt of battle and swift teleportation.

Alenatorion is in the map now. You will have to make a Fort save as well since you're in the cloud. You had to be that close to not be in the way of the table, and for everyone to come in. Not to mention you saw the dwarf had been moved.

And yes I was lazy about the Initiative and everyone's colours.

If Rezzik moved just north of Melkior, he will have an AoO taken on him by the invisible demon there. I see that Dez has See Invisibility, but does Dez?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:22:33 AM by kevin_video »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2010, 01:49:29 AM »
I keep telling you Rezzik and Dez's positions are switched. You put them in the wrong places on your map. It seems a lot like you keep mixing up which one is which.

Also, initiative disputes are handled by higher init modifier, not dex:
If two or more combatants have the same initiative check result, the combatants who are tied act in order of total initiative modifier (highest first)
So Rezzik still goes before Dez.

However, since I forgot to have Rezzik cast anything on himself for seeing invisibility, no, he can't currently see invisible. Not that he needs to for his turn. I'll roll for his Haste spell though to make sure he hits his allies with it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:58:13 AM by VennDygrem »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2010, 01:56:07 AM »
It was right, but the map didn't update because I had it named the same thing. I updated it again via the Edit mode in Photobucket, and now it looks right.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2010, 02:00:17 AM »
Right, so now you're clear on who's where. Dez should be within plenty of range to attack 'S' assuming those are 5-ft squares. Rezzik will apparently still need to roll for concealment to hit his allies with Haste though.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:02:35 AM by VennDygrem »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2010, 02:01:31 AM »
Right, so now you're clear on who's where. Dez should be within plenty of range to attack 'S' assuming those are 5-ft squares. Rezzik will apparently still need to roll for concealment to hit his allies with Haste though.
Yeah, I'm revising my last post in the IC. But yeah, he'll still have the concealment. It'll also be hard for him to move because he won't be able to see too well.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2010, 02:03:21 AM »
Had I known Rezzik would have had such problems, I would have modified his actions to take him out of the center of the cloud so he wouldn't have 50% miss chance.

This whole issue with people posting their initiative actions before everyone's rolled is messing me up pretty badly. :/

Also, SR 38?? Geez, that means he's got 28 HD, on top of class levels if it's able to cast cloudkill. Though, again, he didn't cast that spell yet, just when the BG acts hostilely, which is of course inevitable. I doubt if any of us can actually get past that kind of SR on an average roll. These guys are definitely tough Kevin, I'll give you that. :P
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:06:57 AM by VennDygrem »

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »
well looking at the map it looks like my group of devils sworming idea is out they are to big for the room.

can any one do something about the fog ? or is the best option to summon a air elemental next round ?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:11:29 AM by Stormcrow »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »
Had I known Rezzik would have had such problems, I would have modified his actions to take him out of the center of the cloud so he wouldn't have 50% miss chance.

This whole issue with people posting their initiative actions before everyone's rolled is messing me up pretty badly. :/
As with me.

Dez will still have a 20% miss chance.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2010, 02:14:25 AM »
also were is Raynor on the map ?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2010, 02:15:21 AM »
I think I accidentally deleted his spot when I moved things around.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2010, 02:15:48 AM »
Also, SR 38?? Geez, that means he's got 28 HD, on top of class levels if it's able to cast cloudkill. Though, again, he didn't cast that spell yet, just when the BG acts hostilely, which is of course inevitable. I doubt if any of us can actually get past that kind of SR on an average roll. These guys are definitely tough Kevin, I'll give you that. :P
I'll be honest. This is actually something that's standard with the Monty Halls, as I'll explain after this is all over. Truthfully, these guys are weaker than what you should be up against in the typical Monty Hall game that'd be done at the gaming convention.

The first Monty Hall had 30 core only PCs, and the average CR was 30-33. I'm being nice.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2010, 02:18:10 AM »

Bin there and done that in a group form a few years they still give me flack for it.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2010, 02:47:13 AM »

Bin there and done that in a group form a few years they still give me flack for it.
You were in the cloud too. You weren't part of the circle.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2010, 02:47:54 AM »
The white lines are where the cloudkill currently is.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2010, 03:16:43 AM »
I'll be honest. This is actually something that's standard with the Monty Halls, as I'll explain after this is all over. Truthfully, these guys are weaker than what you should be up against in the typical Monty Hall game that'd be done at the gaming convention.

The first Monty Hall had 30 core only PCs, and the average CR was 30-33. I'm being nice.

To be honest, and I may have mentioned it at the start, I'm not familiar with this sort of game, especially not high-level gameplay. This has been interesting, to say the least.

After the combat or entire game is over, would you mind posting or sending via PM the stats of some of the monsters? I'm interested to see how the advancement was done to make them level-appropriate challenges.

@ VennDygrem
You were correct about the Resist 10 Acid.

Better to have my damage reduced by 10 for each attack than for none of them to beat the demon's SR. :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:18:45 AM by VennDygrem »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2010, 03:18:51 AM »

To be honest, and I may have mentioned it at the start, I'm not familiar with this sort of game, especially not high-level gameplay. This has been interesting, to say the least.

After the combat or entire game is over, would you mind posting or sending via PM the stats of some of the monsters? I'm interested to see how the advancement was done to make them level-appropriate challenges.
Sure thing. Most of them were done through BG helping tips.

I don't think anyone, short of someone doing an epic Tomb of Horrors, would have any familiarity with something like this. But if you think it's interesting now, just wait for the finale.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2010, 03:20:12 AM »
Oh, I fully expect for both my characters to die long before that. :P

Especially if everything's got these high touch AC's. Though, to be honest, I did roll low on the one attack that missed.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:22:05 AM by VennDygrem »