Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 93493 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2011, 03:06:17 AM »
Gotcha. Looks like it was just Rezzik. Alkazar had the warding, so wasn't affected.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2011, 04:50:19 AM »
The air monolith has been defeated. Mixster, do up the Fort saves just to see if you got any 1's. If the glaberzu didn't need to attack it, it likely wouldn't have, although it probably would have coup de graced it if it got 0 WIS from the general's attacks.

Next up is Alkazar, then Alenatorion.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2011, 04:55:25 AM »
Gotta work in the morning so I can't update the map. Raynor's in the back area underneath Rezzik who's on the ceiling, and both bone devils are in the hallway acting as flesh shields for Rez and Dez. The Air Monolith is still around. That DR 15/- is annoying.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:21:19 AM by kevin_video »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2011, 05:34:41 AM »
Not that it matters in this case, but elementals aren't subject to flanking or criticals. Probably not worth re-doing all that math, though. I'm sure it's still dead either way.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2011, 08:06:09 AM »
You cannot critical hit, or flank an elemental, but I assume that wont matter much.

Meaning the Glabrezu does around 90 damage (after DR). And the general wont hit with these attacks: 1d20 ? [7] +29+2= (38)
1d20 ? [12] +24+2= (38) (since he suffers -2 from being dragged in the whirlwind, and you can't flank an elemental).

Which means the general will probably only do 4 con damage.
And the Glabrezu might still be doing 6 con damage (can't say for certain).

Apart from that it looks fine :)

Also if they are sucked into the whirlwind, they should be airborne, which means they will suffer a further -2 on their to hit rolls

EDIT: Looking over it again, I actually think the elemental will live with a few HP left.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #385 on: January 11, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »
Actually no one suffers the -2 from being dragged in (because I made my saves), no one's airborne, and none of the attacks, save one, are less than AC 35. And yes, unfortunately it's still very much alive alive. I'll take of that soon enough with my next guy if I have to. Mixster, you still owe me 7 Fort saves. You get less than 22 on any of those, the elemental takes the subsequent Wisdom damage.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:30:20 AM by kevin_video »

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #386 on: January 11, 2011, 01:00:12 PM »
Actually no one suffers the -2 from being dragged in (because I made my saves), no one's airborne, and none of the attacks, save one, are less than AC 35. And yes, unfortunately it's still very much alive alive. I'll take of that soon enough with my next guy if I have to. Mixster, you still owe me 7 Fort saves. You get less than 22 on any of those, the elemental takes the subsequent Wisdom damage.

Those roars scare me shitless.

Here are the seven fort saves: 1d20+18=34, 1d20+18=38, 1d20+18=36, 1d20+18=36, 1d20+18=33, 1d20+18=23, 1d20+18=32

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #387 on: January 11, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »
Those roars scare me shitless.

Here are the seven fort saves: 1d20+18=34, 1d20+18=38, 1d20+18=36, 1d20+18=36, 1d20+18=33, 1d20+18=23, 1d20+18=32
OH! 23. So close. Oh well. You don't lose any WIS today.

And anyone who has survival can make the roll, or you can make an INT check at 10.

Success?
[spoiler]All things that eat meat tend to get up at night and feed.[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #388 on: January 11, 2011, 11:21:02 PM »
why does the Idea of going to the roof and Summoning two Fiendish monstrous spider,( colossal ) (1 form spell and 1 from Fiendish legion) and use infernal furry to get max offense (at risk of attacking random targets making a bad position worse ) my be the only way to do some damage on these guys ?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »
I have a bow with the force enhancement on it that should deal some damage once I get a shot on them, assuming I hit.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:18 PM »
If someone entertains the bar-lgura, I might be able to scratch one of them, but no promises.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2011, 11:48:31 PM »
the Spiders should be able to do that and entertain the Succubus  as will with thermal sence so they will see her. only problem I think i am the only thing standing between the cleric and loseing two party members right now that the cleric is lucky that he is in the house were I have more restrictions on what i can and can't summon do to space

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2011, 03:06:17 AM »
Right now the damn human cleric is holding the bar-lgura and kelvezu demon in time and space with that damn Anticipate Teleport. He'll get his though. Oh, just you wait. Even if it's not by these guys.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2011, 05:25:27 AM »
Next is Alenatorion.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »
Alkazar Spot:
1d20+10=14 (nope)
Melkior and Alkazar Int:
1d20+9=19, 1d20+4=16
[spoiler]The tiefling's not acting like a regular tiefling. It breathed negative energy earlier. Chances are it might be part shadow dragon, and therefore immune.[/spoiler]
Just remember that if it is polymorphed, Alkazar can see it's true form with True Seeing.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »
Alkazar Spot:
1d20+10=14 (nope)
Melkior and Alkazar Int:
1d20+9=19, 1d20+4=16
[spoiler]The tiefling's not acting like a regular tiefling. It breathed negative energy earlier. Chances are it might be part shadow dragon, and therefore immune.[/spoiler]
Just remember that if it is polymorphed, Alkazar can see it's true form with True Seeing.
Not polymorphed. Remember, that spell's not allowed.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2011, 04:21:34 PM »
With some time to kill, I'm cleaning up my NPCs to show to the gaming committee for Saturday, because they're basically a mess of a write up, and making them look better. While doing so, I noticed that I misinterpreted something on the weapons for the general, and glaberzu. When you guys informed me that the elemental was immune to criticals, I immediately took off the CON damage I did. I shouldn't have. It still stands. It's not a Wounding weapon. It doesn't matter if it's immune or not. So long as it's got a Con, it works. So the air monolith takes 14 CON damage, taking 252 damage, and losing 7 CON. This means that the saves Mixster rolled are -1, -1, -2, -2, -3, -3, -4. So that 23 is actually 20, and the air monolith takes 6 WIS damage on the 6th roll, dropping it to 10 WIS and -3 Will.

And vicious just says that it has to be an opponent, not a living opponent. I won't roll that up now, but I know for next time. I thought something was up. I thank you for bringing up the no flanking part though. I knew I'd worked out something to get around an opponent being immune to critical attacks.

So the air monolith is gone.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2011, 09:13:41 PM »
you know i am starting to come to the Idea of summoning Gulthir ((MM5 )) and haveing them Eat that cleric I know it scares the crap out of devils or just evil out siders in general what do you guys think ?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
I guarantee that it won't do anything against the cleric. If it doesn't already have freedom of movement up, and if it somehow manages to fail the opposed grapple, the creature's other abilities won't do any good. The cleric can pass those saves in its sleep. Seriously, that thing's only CR6. No offense, but we can not seriously be meant to beat these guys. I think we've been lucky enough to hold up so well against them so far.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2011, 10:04:06 PM »
You're more than welcome to waste the spells. I definitely won't talk you out of it. :smirk

I'll post up what the cleric does in a bit. Having internet issues. The worker's come by so things should hopefully be fixed. Going to revise the map in the meantime.

Stay tuned.