Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 93490 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »
Hey, you think after you guys accepted a job that this plane's going to just let you go without it getting finished? Ha!

Mixster, still need to know what spell or item and the source it's from, that you used to stop the breath weapon and Blasphemy. I can't draw it up if I don't know the details.

And if it's an immediate effect that can be heard, then the bar-lgura will likely not have moved from where he was.

It's complete Arcane, Iot7v. He places a warding between Melkior and the origin of the effect, saving those that are behind it. (If you draw a line directly from the point of effect to Melkior, Alkazar will place his warding in the middle between them and perpendicular to the line). The wall is 70ft long, and 35ft high plenty of length to block the blasphemy entirely.

I don't think it can be heard, but I'm uncertain, it doesn't say it has an audible component, yet neither does it say it has. If anything moves through it from the direction Melkior is not in, they will have to pass two will saves, the first to avoid being confused as the insanity spell, and the second to avoid being planeshifted to a random place on a random plane.

Melkior does have some revenance/revivify combos ready, so no need to re-roll just now :)

EDIT: Initiate of the sevenfold veil can be found in complete arcane Page 45. Page 46 describes the "wall" warding, and also has the Indigo and Violet warding that stops all effects.
That is good since I'm not coming up with anything I want to play that will fit into the rules for this. Almost everything is either going to not have a chance, fall under the broad rule for what is broken, or would need something from a non-allowed book.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »
It falls under Violet as well, since it is an effect.
Actually, a better way to put it is that Violet negates everything. Saying "it is an effect" doesn't explain anything. But I've read it. As soon as you said Indigo and Violet, I wondered if it was a variant on the Prismatic Wall spell.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »
But yeah, I think the bar-lgura's going to get a revised posting. Especially if what I think might happen, happens.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »
Let me know If I need to do something for when the ward goes up, as it looks like I'm on the line where it will be. I should still be able to move since it is a reaction to block the Blasphemy if I understand the situation.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2010, 07:07:49 PM »
Let me know If I need to do something for when the ward goes up, as it looks like I'm on the line where it will be. I should still be able to move since it is a reaction to block the Blasphemy if I understand the situation.
We'll see. From how it's looking, it's 50/50 at the moment.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2010, 07:09:07 PM »

You aren't damaged by the veil if it is forced upon you, so you can keep inside or twist around in your space to be out of the effect.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »
So what's going on with this ward? Is it blocking the blasphemy spell for a certain area? Rezzik is right next to Melkior, but depending on where this wall or whatever is going... I dunno.

If blasphemy is blocked, then fantastic. Otherwise, Rezzik's gonna collapse from having the strength score of a common garden slug (which is to say, none).

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »
So what's going on with this ward? Is it blocking the blasphemy spell for a certain area? Rezzik is right next to Melkior, but depending on where this wall or whatever is going... I dunno.

If blasphemy is blocked, then fantastic. Otherwise, Rezzik's gonna collapse from having the strength score of a common garden slug (which is to say, none).
Right now I think you're fine. I think everyone's fine. Just waiting on a question to get answered to know for sure, for sure what's happening.

Bastard! Took away my TPK. :p

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »
What kind of information exactly would a TPK give you to prepare for running the game at this convention?  :P

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »
What kind of information exactly would a TPK give you to prepare for running the game at this convention?  :P
That I made it too powerful for the group, of course. :P

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »

Silly DM, you are playing with 5+ min maxers, we will look EVERY option through in unison.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »

Silly DM, you are playing with 5+ min maxers, we will look EVERY option through in unison.
Which is exactly why I chose to do the campaign here. I've got no real problem with you guys beating it, and advancing it a little, but I've got issues with killing you guys off because it means I'm either incredibly mean and just looking for a TPK (which anyone can do, really) or I've made it way too powerful.

See, the other playtesting group weren't minmaxers. Not by any means. Heck, they didn't even know that it was possible for characters to be level 20 and still be able to game an actual scenario. Even if one of them did technically cheat, it was obvious that what I put them up against wasn't nearly powerful enough.

You guys on the other hand, look like you'll be able to take it. I'll admit that I was wrong in writing you guys off so soon with Blasphemy and the negative energy breath weapon. That was my fault. However, there's still a long ways to go yet.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2010, 01:26:25 AM »
well I would hate to pop you bubble on the high level of Min / max I am using guides for help.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2010, 01:50:00 AM »
I used guides for suggestions and a few ideas, like shadow dancer for HiPS.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2010, 02:01:29 AM »
And here I went and took class levels that didn't directly help my character...I feel ashamed.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2010, 03:31:47 AM »
I always use guides for help. They help me know what to look for on my own, too, but generally I reference others' suggestions for good ideas.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2010, 03:34:13 AM »
I too look for the guides to help me. I'm not very good at optimizing.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2010, 03:36:49 AM »
I too look for the guides to help me. I'm not very good at optimizing.
Okay, I got my answer. It's Raynor's turn. You're good to go. Everyone except Dez, is unaffected by the Blasphemy.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2010, 03:43:27 AM »
And Dez is pretty much just dazed for a round. Frankly, that's not bad. Of course, I'm sure that the caster could easily beat SR 25, so I wonder if it would be worth it to cast Mystic Aegis.... That'd give Dez SR 32, I think, vs. the Blasphemy spell. Not sure if that's high enough that there'd be a chance the spell wouldn't affect her... hmm......

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2010, 03:45:40 AM »
And Dez is pretty much just dazed for a round. Frankly, that's not bad. Of course, I'm sure that the caster could easily beat SR 25, so I wonder if it would be worth it to cast Mystic Aegis.... That'd give Dez SR 32, I think, vs. the Blasphemy spell. Not sure if that's high enough that there'd be a chance the spell wouldn't affect her... hmm......
I totally forgot about SR. I don't think I rolled that. Just assumed no one had it. Unless I rolled a 1, it would have gone off anyways.