Author Topic: Lledrithiedig Choedwig  (Read 29087 times)

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
Re: Lledrithiedig Choedwig
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2008, 01:37:41 PM »
Roy looks at his fellow historian. Worry not, Vargon. We shall slay many more orcs in the days to come. Mayhap we shall even capture some.
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »
The party searches amongst the bodies of the dead orcs, paying particular attention to that of the great ugly creature who had lead this patrol. The axe that he wielded has strange markings up the haft, written in a form of stylized orcish, while his armour is covered in much the same, a series of heavy leather wraps bound about with thin strips of metal covering the gaps. Strapped to his belt is a single small potion vial, the contents unmarked and foul.

From the rest of the orcs can be found their weapons and battered armour, but little else in the way of valuables. Some coins have spilled from their pockets, lying mingled in their blood.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »
Roy takes the leader orc's armor and places it in his backpack, then straps the axe to his back. We can worry about possession of these later, perhaps one of you possesses the ability to identify items of a magical nature? Roy looks deeper into the woods, in the direction the orcs came from. In the meantime, let us find some more orcs to slay.
Currently playing:
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2008, 08:56:42 PM »
Guthfrith abstains from the search, but follows Roy when he sets out.

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2008, 09:23:10 PM »

Vorgon kneels at the site of the orcs ambush and tries to make out their trail though he knows of tracking only through books.
[spoiler]

Survival untrained (1d20 1=18)

Is that good enough to track them?

[/spoiler]
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:08 PM »
[spoiler]It is. Following the tracks?[/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2008, 04:49:20 AM »
And off they go to follow the tracks.
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2008, 10:29:20 AM »
Roy sets off, following the path found by Vargon.
Currently playing:

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »
Vargon leads them off through the woods, seeing spoor on the ground, a broken twig, a shattered bough, following each sign towards the main camp of the orcs. It is perhaps six hours later when they arrive, atop a cliff that peers down towards a dell by a river. Spread out across the rivershore is a mass of tents and wooden shelters, and here and there an orc wanders between, sharpening an axe, cooking, eating, fighting. It is a dark place, hidden from much of the sun by the walls of the canyon, with little in the way of access from the cliff height. Only a single narrow path cuts down the canyon face, and it would be well lit and easily visible for those below.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »
Roy looks down at the camp, attempting to estimate the numbers of combatants and non combatants.
I think we would be well served to withdraw to the woods for the remainder of the day. We can rest for a bit, then strike at the orcs in the night. Roy looks closer at the various wooden structures, Vargon, can you prepare that fire-trick you performed on out first trip? I think it may be quite useful...
Currently playing:

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:05 AM »
Most of those who wander about the campfires are of warrior build and stature, armed with a motley array of swords, axes, clubs, javelins, and wrapped in the thick and studded leather armour of their kind. Scattered amongst the warriors are a few women, but no children. The women tend to the camp, keeping some small semblance of order. There are perhaps twenty-five people in the camp, although not all are visible at any one time, and of those, eighteen appear to be warriors.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »
"Guys, let's retreat and make a battleplan for tonight!"

While in safe distance from the camp and all members are together Shaedof starts talking:
"I think I could sneak towards the guards in the cover of darkness and use my special gift to stun 2 orcs. I wonder whether there will be more, considering the size of the party. You guys sneak up behind me and silently kill all the orcs while they are still sleeping!". Shaedof says all of this as if he were a real army commander, ending his story with "Any questions?"

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »
Roy thinks for a moment.
When one is faced with a force larger than one's own, a common tactic for success is to divide and conquer. Do any of you know magic of the Illusion school? If not, I can teach Vargon a new trick to go with his fire trick...If we can create a distraction and draw some of the orcs away, then steal into the camp and slay those left behind, then we would be able to fight two easier fights instead of one difficult one...
Currently playing:

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2008, 07:57:46 PM »

"I can manage both fire and illusion, but that is my limit,  though ..." thinks for awhile, "No matter, we shall see.

I am concerned though ... that the orcs have brought their females. I saw no children but I do not wish to kill non-combatants. I wish to ask of this group what we should. I am no paladin but the oaths I swore forbid me to kill indiscriminately."
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2008, 03:31:01 AM »
Loke hasnt been paying attention to the battleplanning at all, instead playing (That is, scaring like no tomorrow) a squirrel he snapped up on the way back from the orc encampment. At Vargon`s mention of child slaughter, however, he snaps into the conversation with a unnatural glow in his eyes. Ohh. Killing children. Ofcourse the *cough*GAY*cough* half-demon wants to harm the little babies. Myself, being a pure, celestial do-gooder, is  against  such an act on a matter of principle, or whatever works for you. Therefore, Loke definitely thinks he should be in charge of the babie-skinnin... errr I mean exterminat*ahem* down putting. Yes. Thats the word. Down-putting. Wouldnt want vile-boy over there getting any bad habits... All agree? Excellent. You sneak into the camp  and bring the  babies to me, and I`ll take care of the rest. Off you go now... Loke will start collecting rocks and brances, putting together what anyone knowledgeable in religion will recognize  as a makeshift altar, after his little speech.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 03:34:09 AM by AlisAtAn »
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
Roy replies first to Vargon, If the females do not act violently toward us, then we should not attack them. But many generals of the past have made the mistake of assuming Orc females were harmless non-combatants. Watch them as warily as you would a viper. He then turns to Loke, I still have no reason to trust you, celestial blood or no. If you continue to act in such a blood thirsty manner, I will have to do something about it. Roy is feeling the hilt of one of his throwing knives sheathed inside his shield. And if you don't want to at least pay attention to our preparations, I think it would be best if you returned to the village. You'd just be a liability to the rest of us here.
Currently playing:

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2008, 01:35:18 AM »
Ofcourse I`m paying attention. Whats with you  and all these mean things you keep saying about me? Oh. Sorry. I forgot. Demonblood. My bad. Who` s the bloodthirsty one here? Huh? I just said I was against killing babies... I  dont see how you can threaten a poor old man such as myself with a clean conscience.  And I wouldnt DREAM of leaving these poor folks alone at your mercy. Loke is very tired of Vargon constantly giving him a hard time for no good reason.
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: December 14, 2008, 06:50:17 AM »
Shaedof watches the drama with great interest

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2008, 12:34:39 AM »

"Errhh ... Loke, you do realise that Roy and myself are different people, do you not? And I have yet to address your parapraxis whenever you speak of helping others, which I must admit to concerning me."

"But this is time for strategy. Loke and Shaedof's powers do not seem complementary as they seem to freeze their opponents. Am I mistaken? How far can you effect your targets?"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:40:29 AM by Straw_Man »

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2008, 04:39:17 AM »
The... Err... You do kinda look the same, though. My eyes are failing me...

*Ahem*'

Regarding tactical value, I cant make people freeze, but I`ll make it easier for Shaedof, or anyone, to do there thing. In the name of do-gooding, naturally.  Righteous suffering and all that.