Author Topic: Suggestions/Concerns  (Read 2838 times)

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Suggestions/Concerns
« on: June 02, 2009, 02:35:14 AM »
This will be the place to voice suggestions or questions and concerns pertaining to the game. I wanted a seperate thread for this so it doesn't get lost in the OOC thread.

Firstly, one idea I have is the concept of having a separate thread pertaining to the current battle going on. That way, the story thread won't get bogged down with the 3,486 posts dealing with the battle that's going on. Once the combat is finished, I'll post with a short summary of the battle in the story thread and we'll move on, with the combat thread being deleted.

Any thoughts?
My friends went to GenCon and all they brought back for me was this lousy signature...

Currently running: Sometimes You Can't Go Home

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Suggestions/Concerns
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:42:19 AM »
It's fine by me... no problem...

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:39:18 PM »
sounds good to me too.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:14:03 AM by Simadog »

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
  • Let me sing you a song. Any requests?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 05:34:53 PM »
Sounds good.

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »
Also, if you don't mind. I'll probably keep most of my own rolls secret so as to not tip off the difficulty of certain things.

I'm thinking about giving everybody a small XP bonus for everytime you post, but only to a certain amount each week. And it'd have to be in the Story Thread. I think this might encourage everybody to post more often.

Any further thoughts or concerns?

Oh, and Sambo, I really am NOT lying! Hahahaha
My friends went to GenCon and all they brought back for me was this lousy signature...

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 11:56:25 PM »
never trust the DM he is out to get you....

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
never trust the DM he is out to get you....

Who, meee? :flutter

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 09:05:54 PM »
Does anybody have a problem with me throwing certain skill checks for you when the situation warrants?

For instance, suppose you enter a new area and there's something on the floor I want you to notice. Due to the nature of this type of game, I'd have to describe the room, then ask for spot checks to see who notices the certain item, thus stopping the flow of the game. It would go much faster if I simply threw it for you, displaying the roll of course, and proceeded to tell those who notice what it is.

If you would rather be the one throwing every single roll your character, that's fine too. But just remember it'll slow progress down some.

Let me know. I'll post a write-up in house rules about it if it's not vetoed.

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 12:13:21 AM »
Does anybody have a problem with me throwing certain skill checks for you when the situation warrants?

For instance, suppose you enter a new area and there's something on the floor I want you to notice. Due to the nature of this type of game, I'd have to describe the room, then ask for spot checks to see who notices the certain item, thus stopping the flow of the game. It would go much faster if I simply threw it for you, displaying the roll of course, and proceeded to tell those who notice what it is.

If you would rather be the one throwing every single roll your character, that's fine too. But just remember it'll slow progress down some.

Let me know. I'll post a write-up in house rules about it if it's not vetoed.

That's ok with me.

Simadog

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 12:23:01 AM »
works for me

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:05:40 AM »
No problem... go for it.

Chovox

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Veritas Vos Liberabit
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 01:26:32 PM »
It would go much faster if I simply threw it for you, displaying the roll of course, and proceeded to tell those who notice what it is.
You mean in spoiler blocks, or by private message? 'cause the only time I ever realize I have a PM is when gTalk is active. But I will always notice a spoiler block with my name over it.

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »
It would be put in a spoiler block...

Chovox

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Veritas Vos Liberabit
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 03:41:11 PM »
Cool beans

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 03:45:29 PM »
There's that "cool beans" thing again...  :P

Cindel

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »
So, this is where I poll everybody to see what everybody's opinion is thus far. This being my first time running a game with PbP, I'd like some feedback. How's the pace so far? Too fast? Too slow? Anything we can do 9or not do) to improve?

It's your game too, guys, and your input is valued. So, let's hear it! 50xp to anybody who can offer some constructive comments (good or bad).

Madgeon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
So, this is where I poll everybody to see what everybody's opinion is thus far. This being my first time running a game with PbP, I'd like some feedback. How's the pace so far? Too fast? Too slow? Anything we can do 9or not do) to improve?

It's your game too, guys, and your input is valued. So, let's hear it! 50xp to anybody who can offer some constructive comments (good or bad).

I like the game so far, but I don't like how it's taking so long to get out of the cages.
But, I'm in the same boat - I'm new to this PbP too, and I really wasn't sure what the pacing was going to be for this.
I think we're all realizing that this is going to be a different pace than a regular game. (Thank you Captain Obvious. And now, a word from our sponsors.

Also, I'm having trouble with Invisible Castle. Right not their giving me a 500-Internal Server Error. Is it possible to get a couple different websites that have virtual rollers that we can use?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:00:17 PM by Madgeon »

Vellos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 10:50:37 PM »
hmm.. somehow made me reply on wrong thread =P sorry