Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 104614 times)

Pan-Fried Hamster

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2008, 11:16:28 PM »
Should we put out another recruitment post?  OOC, I'm not sure which roles are filled, since everyone's keeping things fairly hush-hush (don't get me wrong, I think that's fun and gives the game a different tone than a lot of PbPs).

Or we could all just throw our builds out there and agree not to use metagame knowledge.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2008, 12:03:26 AM »
A few more players wouldn't hurt.

BP kind of gave away my secret identity already, though there are hefty changes to the standard listed in the MM. My role is stealth, social skills, and limited party buff. I am not a caster, but have numerous SLAs. I am capable of handling myself in combat, but don't expect me to deal out tons of damage.

I can go either way with regards to revealing the builds.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2008, 12:22:37 AM »
My role, read or don't, as you wish:

[spoiler]
Though it hasn't come up yet, I'm a gish, advancing Wizard casting for my arcane half.  That gives me some flexibility when it comes to choosing utility vs combat, and I'll be working in Knowledge Devotion and Arcane Strike to fuel my damage potential. 

Overall, I'm a bit squishy at the early levels, but my character should be able to function as an effective battlefield controller or damage dealer depending on which spells he goes with.  Of course, I'm also one of the lowest-ECL players (I like "growing into" my abilities since I don't have a ton of play experience), so expect me to be filling a buffing/utility role for awhile.
[/spoiler]

From outward appearances, Agnak looks to be our tank and primary front-line fighter, but I'm sure he can elaborate more thoroughly on that.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2008, 12:35:23 AM »
PFH has basically got it down.

Hint:[spoiler]
Dungeoncrashing.
[/spoiler]

Snizor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2008, 03:59:32 AM »
As for little old me...
[spoiler]
I'm actually a full arcane spellcaster (the adventuring attire gives it away)[/spoiler]
The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2008, 11:43:17 AM »
So, do we have anyone who can keep us alive, or will that be done primarily through items?

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2008, 12:02:57 PM »
There used to be (Straw-Man was going to play a heal-bot, but he just vanished.) But don't worry, items will do the trick, or an NPC.

I also wouldn't expect normal party play to begin anytime, soon, so you won't need to worry about roles, yet. This is a consequence of this campaign.

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »
I'm not sure if you were after anything specific with that scene, but Tynien is mostly concerned with acting quickly.  Agnak and Holden have the refugees upstairs under control, so he's more focused on finding out what's going on.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
Well, I had nothing specific in mind, I just wanted you to have your action before Agnak, so he can possibly react to you. And NOTICE you, which is something we need to achieve, eventually.

If you're following Surreal's thread we're also probably going to join you, eventually.

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »
Well, the characters are aware of each other, they're just each taking care of different events.  At this point, Tynien will want to know what was going on in his absence anyways, so he'll seek out Agnak one way or another after getting to the temple.  I'm sure the feeling is mutual--but until then, no reason they can't each take care of a bit and learn more by being split up.

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »
Double post, but whatever.

Straw_Man is back, seems he was sick for awhile.  He's still clearing his head, at any rate (he posted in the OOC for Tragedy in Green PbP he's DMing).

In the meantime, we're still down to four, five if he does come back.  Do we want to open another recruitment thread?

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2008, 08:39:54 PM »
I have two people getting characters ready ATM.

@Smudgy: You can't write any actions, including dialogue, for other player characters unless that player has expressly agreed. Just change your post as if the Acolyte was talking, please.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2008, 08:50:12 PM »
Yeah, I thought that might be the case, so I made the line he said easily switchable. I'll change it right now.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2008, 09:31:02 AM »
I'm going to be away this weekend until wednesday. I might get in the odd post today, but don't absolutely count on it.
Until then, I hope you'll have fun elsewhere.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
That's convenient. I'm going to Maine for the weekend, so I wasn't going to be able to post either. No problems for me.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »
Hello !

I am going to join the campaign in the coming weeks. I am currently in the process of tormenting Brainpiercing with countless questions.  :smirk

Much remains to be done about my character, but basically it will a not-quite-combat-ready charismatic Halfling... with some surprises up his sleeve, of course.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:26:52 PM by Omen of Peace »
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »
Oh good.  We need someone to toss down hallways in order to check for traps.  :smirk

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2008, 11:25:19 PM »
Sure, that will work well with pressure plates.  :fan

I look forward to :
- Mael (my halfling) dwarfed (stepped on ?) by Aknak
- Maglu'Glath trying his Master Manipulator trick on Mael

Nothing on Tynien for now, sorry. He seems almost normal.  :D

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »
Yeah.  I'm actually still pretty new to DnD--lots of time nosing through books, but maybe a year of play experience, tops.  Started at a lower level to "grow into" my build, and the character himself isn't too fond of drawing attention.  But then, lately I get a kick just out of writing, period.  Getting inside his head is fun enough without worrying about flashy tricks.  I'm especially enjoying the chance to consider his humorous side, though it hasn't gotten much play yet.

And as for Agnak, if you read back a few posts, you should be more worried about him bull rushing you through a door.  :D

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2008, 02:17:39 AM »
Just to make sure I'm not misunderstood: this was in no way a criticism of your character. :) I like what I've seen from all of you - I just couldn't think of a wisecrack about him.

Also, I finally read the spoilers above and it leads me to believe he will be flashy down the road !