Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 104614 times)

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #520 on: July 13, 2010, 06:25:34 AM »
Well... the point was not having the chance to save Agnak, BUT having a prep round, for the others. YES, continuity sucks :)

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »
*wonders if he should ask for freebies... then remembers he kinda got his already*  :bigeye

Yay, once Surreal posts Mag's 2nd turn WE ARE ON! ;)

@TT: well, too bad, having a tank would have been quite useful against the monstrosity. Or perhaps it just wants someone to chat with? Sadly, Mael is not staying around to find out.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #522 on: July 15, 2010, 01:06:40 AM »
Brave Brave Brave Brave Sir Mael...  ;)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #523 on: July 15, 2010, 06:11:39 AM »
Ok, here's my take on things at the moment:
- we just saw something big take out our own big guy, which is cause for alarm (especially since Mag has seen Agnak in battle and knows what he's capable of)
- now there's another big thing that looks like it wants to fight the first thing, and under the circumstances we have no reason to assume it's friendly
- we're invisible and (presumably) haven't been noticed

The most logical thing would be to let the two duke it out, then attack the survivor after it's been weakened. The only reason I/Mag would consider rushing in is if we thought Agnak was still alive.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #524 on: July 15, 2010, 07:13:05 AM »
This certainly seems like a viable turn of events. Finding out if someone is still alive could take the form of a heal check, or a very good spot check from the distance.

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #525 on: July 15, 2010, 07:47:45 AM »
Based on your map it looks like I am about 8 squares away from my target.  Just let me know when I can open that can boss...

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »
Based on your map it looks like I am about 8 squares away from my target.  Just let me know when I can open that can boss...
I think the others are content to sit back for now. the other guy probably has way more init than you, so I should post for him first, I guess....

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2010, 08:11:59 AM »
Is it my turn?

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2010, 09:24:01 AM »
Is it my turn?
Generally, when initiatives are similar, you can just post your turn. In any case with 15 you're in the upper end of the others.

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: July 15, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »
Right...but you originally said I don't act until round 3...meaning the others have two rounds to act in before I even show up on the scene...

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #530 on: July 15, 2010, 10:01:02 AM »
We pretty much had them - we moved and cast various spells. I think Mag can use another SLA if he wants to, but I doubt it will change your actions.

Basically a bunch of invisible people show up, the enemy attacks you, and now you're up.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #531 on: July 15, 2010, 02:13:22 PM »
Whoops, I wasn't entirely sure if I had that extra action or not, or if we were all hustling (double move) to make it there. If I did have one more action available, then I would have "cast" greater blink on myself (and I'll apend that into my next post).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:12:34 PM by Surreal »
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #532 on: July 15, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »
Spellcaster?  Cleric? Sorcerer?

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #533 on: July 15, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »
Nope, not a caster in the slightest. Check my public character sheet; I'm more like a buffer/scout.
---

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #534 on: July 16, 2010, 03:43:33 PM »
Oh great, I was watching comedy clips on youtube, one of which was this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n18Xe6wM7AY

Then I went to read the game thread... and now I just can't take anything seriously anymore. I just hear that 70's disco theme in the background. Seriously, play this in the background and try reading the next two quotes... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbBi2j_HLTc

As the huge warmachine hurled itself at Jaslach, the 20-foot glaive jerked upwards again, but was deflected by the Tower Shield. Then the two titanic forced collided, and a flurry of activity began as arms and hands interlocked, evaded and relocked in the effort of getting a grip - or avoiding one.
The impact sent a shockwave through the underground fortress, nearly sucking the air from the lungs of the invisible eavesdroppers. The rocketing armored giant slammed into the evil construct with the force of 10 battlerams, lifting its opponent bodily from the ground and into the air. Once it had a solid grip, dozens of smaller ports opened across it's body from which gleaming adamantine spikes clacked into place...and impaling the Maug upon their cruel number...
---

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #535 on: July 16, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »
Lmao!  :lmao

wow...construct erotica eh? Good on ya Surreal!

*ahem* 

...back to the FIGHT!

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #536 on: July 16, 2010, 07:17:50 PM »
Well, TT, if you want to get a job writing construct erotica, I might know a guy, *wink wink*.

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #537 on: July 16, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »
Who? Brainpiercing?

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #538 on: July 17, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »
Maybe...

Anyhoo, I believe Surreal & Snizor are up.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #539 on: July 17, 2010, 09:16:38 AM »
Maybe...
I don't think so....
Anyhoo, I believe Surreal & Snizor are up.
Yes, they are.