Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 104614 times)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #380 on: December 06, 2009, 06:48:22 AM »
D'oh, my computer fizzled on me for a while. I got a new laptop, and for some reason it just doesn't like my wireless network. It flat out kills every other connection nearby. Switched routers, same problem. For some reason though, I don't have this problem at the university or at my parent's place. Weird.

Anyhow, my suggestion is to simply jump forward a bit in time (to be determined later), to a point where we are a somewhat cohesive party. We can pretend that there was some event(s) that helped us bond, but leave it blank and/or just adlib it and see what kind of background story develops. This will let us carry on without having to reinvent our characters.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: December 07, 2009, 07:14:37 AM »
Ok, here's my suggestion:

Everybody (that is, Snizor and "company" on one side, and Agnak and Mag on the other) meets randomly in the desert. I'll be PMing some possible cues to you guys, none of which should make it necessary to reinvent your characters. I'd really like to roleplay the encounter, because, well... in this game, it's not like all you have is a hammer. So, umm... I invite you to not see every other guy as a nail.

I'll make a new area in the desert for that.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: December 07, 2009, 09:43:32 AM »
Ok, the desert thread is ready, you can all fire away. I don't think I need to create more hooks and cues, unless you request some.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #383 on: December 07, 2009, 08:45:45 PM »
I haven't checked out the new thread yet but... might there be room for Mael in there ?

I'm hesitant because there's a risk I'd disappear again, but on the other hand I like my character, the setting and what I've seen of the other characters. I may give it a try depending on what your thoughts are, BP.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2009, 06:26:59 AM »
I haven't checked out the new thread yet but... might there be room for Mael in there ?

I'm hesitant because there's a risk I'd disappear again, but on the other hand I like my character, the setting and what I've seen of the other characters. I may give it a try depending on what your thoughts are, BP.
Well... if you think you wish to go on, of course I would be happy. I must say Mael is the hardest to place in an outdoor setting. What would he do there? He's not really the adventuring type.

However, I guess there is hope. We can always have him sent on a mission :). A waste of his valuable talents, but then he doesn't always get a say, now, does he?

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #385 on: December 08, 2009, 08:19:56 AM »
He'd be quite cranky indeed, but that's his problem. :)

Since we never quite placed his timeline, it should be easy to say he spent a few months in Ladydove - we need not decide if his endeavour was successful or not right away - then got sent to the desert to investigate... demons, perhaps ? Not because he was best for the task, but because he was close.
Given his talents, perhaps his task is to capture a demon who'd be sent elsewhere for interrogation.

The other question is how much to reveal to my fellow players. If I write in my usual "thoughts + speech" style, the cat will be out of the bag right away ; I don't know if I should keep Mael's little secret a while longer.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:22:37 AM by Omen of Peace »

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2009, 09:23:20 AM »
Well, I believe I should trust my players, so anything I put in a spoiler tag private for someone should remain that way. So you could put your secrets in spoiler tags, only for me to read. Anything else will likely be too complicated.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2009, 02:48:54 PM »
Ok, I added him in after a fashion. I don't know if the others knew there were supposed to meet with him or not, so add anything you like, BP.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #388 on: December 08, 2009, 03:23:32 PM »
Well, it'll be a chance meeting for sure, but I'm glad you decided to stick around!

Snizor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #389 on: December 08, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
Well, I believe I should trust my players, so anything I put in a spoiler tag private for someone should remain that way. So you could put your secrets in spoiler tags, only for me to read. Anything else will likely be too complicated.
Works for me  :)

Anyways, I have finals for the next two days so don't expect a post from me 'till after that.
The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #390 on: December 17, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »
May I propose that any communications done via telepathy be written in italics? This was a convention I had adopted in previous games and it helped to keep things organized.

And yes, Mag is actually projecting his thoughts right now, though more out of surprise than intention.
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #391 on: December 17, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
My bad for my previous post : I hadn't connected Mag's planned meal with the cat (I read too fast).

Mael won't do much anyway.

(Btw, Surreal, do you know what happened to Fil Kearney ? He disappeared on us in that gestalt game a long while ago and I never heard from him after that.)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #392 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »
No, I haven't heard from Fil since the game more or less ended. I know he tried to start up a game here as well, but I think that fell through as well. I *think* there may have been some trouble on the home front with the missus, but that's hearsay.

As for the cat thing, I totally had these running through my head...
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/celecrity-pictures-alf-do-you-deliver.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1QxOmbMZ0
---

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #394 on: December 22, 2009, 09:34:57 PM »
Well, finals are now done, I'm home for a month, and I'm ready to get going on this again..once I finish making chocolate pretzels and christmas cookies with my family. Tomorrow I promise!

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: December 24, 2009, 10:46:32 AM »
Happy holidays, everyone!

Smudgy, good to have you back :).

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #396 on: December 24, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »
Merry Christmas and/or whatever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Please don't trample anybody during boxing day.
---

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #397 on: January 03, 2010, 12:37:52 AM »
Happy new year !
I'm around but quiet since Mael doesn't seem quite involved in the discussion right now. I did say at the start that he'd arrive later... but now it's all a bit confused.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #398 on: January 03, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »
Happy new year !
I'm around but quiet since Mael doesn't seem quite involved in the discussion right now. I did say at the start that he'd arrive later... but now it's all a bit confused.

I'm really sorry about that, and I HAVE been thinking about it, too. Unfortunately, it's sometimes a bit hard to coordinate conversations between several people, and it just seemed the near fight to the death required more immediate attention.

I'm going to write a post adressing Mael ASAP, but I can't absolutely promise it tonight. Tomorrow should work, though.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #399 on: January 04, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »
No need for an apology !!
I just posted because I felt guilty for not participating, only I couldn't figure if Mael was supposed to be involved. ;)