Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 104621 times)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #360 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:17 AM »
Sorry to hear that Smudgy. Hope things work out for you soon.

As for me, life's been hectic. Work stuff was crushing down for a while. Then there was a girl thing, then not a girl thing, then a girl thing, now not a girl thing that's been driving me nuts (or not, as the case may be). I've also had issues with some of my tenants which has been rather annoying. Oh, and a small kitchen fire. Good times.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2009, 07:14:25 AM »
Sorry to hear that Smudgy. Hope things work out for you soon.

As for me, life's been hectic. Work stuff was crushing down for a while. Then there was a girl thing, then not a girl thing, then a girl thing, now not a girl thing that's been driving me nuts (or not, as the case may be). I've also had issues with some of my tenants which has been rather annoying. Oh, and a small kitchen fire. Good times.

Look at the bright side, at least you weren't bored.... :twitch

Seriously though, troubles happen, I hope you guys get everything worked out.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2009, 09:10:09 PM »
*Gives game tentative prod...*

Come on, I'm *bedridden* at the moment (I kid you not) with an ugly infection, and bored as hell, please give me something to do :).

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: October 27, 2009, 09:23:11 PM »
Well with Smudgy gone I'm not exactly sure where that leaves me.
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »
Well with Smudgy gone I'm not exactly sure where that leaves me.
Oh, he'll come back, I hope. He'll get through his troubles. In the meantime, you COULD take control of the storyline. You've been mostly tag-along in the last little bit, now you could move it forward. We'll pretend he tags along for a while.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2009, 05:43:51 AM »
How are things, guys, anybody still with me?

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: November 17, 2009, 02:55:23 AM »
Yeah, I'm still here. Are the other guys still around? Maybe we could shoehorn the timeline a bit so that we'd at least be gaming together.
---

Snizor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #367 on: November 17, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
I'm still around, but class exams have been kicking me in the teeth lately.
The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: November 26, 2009, 01:18:29 AM »
Any thoughts about just shoving the characters together plotwise?

In other news, I've managed to slice open my thumb, scrape off a good chunk of skin off my pinky, and put a hairline fracture in my middle finger, all on the right hand. That's three down, two to go, but I bet I can still poke your eyes out :p
---

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: November 26, 2009, 05:54:27 AM »
I'm certainly open to suggestions. However, at least we need to think about a way to ensure you don't end up killing each other if you do meet.

I suggest you could go into the desert and sort of randomly meet up with Snizor's character, if he agrees.

Snizor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2009, 05:02:10 PM »
I'd be fine with meeting up.
The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: November 27, 2009, 06:25:26 AM »
Well then, I suggest Mag goes scouting... by the rule of B-Movie plot turns you're sure to meet up.... somewhere :)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #372 on: November 27, 2009, 03:25:24 PM »
Ok, when I get a moment I'll just jump into an unspecified point in the future on a scouting run. Is it ok to read the other threads to get an idea of what may be going on?
---

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #373 on: November 27, 2009, 09:39:42 PM »
Ok, when I get a moment I'll just jump into an unspecified point in the future on a scouting run. Is it ok to read the other threads to get an idea of what may be going on?
Better not, just talk it out IC - or don't. I'll try to construct some things to somehow make it plausible that you stick together for the moment.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2009, 05:02:10 PM »
Well, what I miss?

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2009, 06:56:54 PM »
Actually.... nothing. But since you're back, ALL of you can do some recon in the desert and meet up with Snizor's character.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #376 on: December 02, 2009, 07:40:18 PM »
If it looks like I flaked out again, it's because I totally forgot about this forum for 2 months...  :bigeye
New interests, busy life (etc.) conspired against me as well.

As it is, I think it's better to keep it on pause. If the regrouping works for the others, we can have Mael join in later as well - we'll see.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #377 on: December 03, 2009, 03:44:28 PM »
Ok, so I'd like to express my gratitude for those of you who have stuck with me this long. I'm also sorry that  you'll be staying in hiatus, OoP.

I would wish that there were more going on in this game. I had a LOT of applications, who just all never showed, usually during the end of character creation. I guess that's the internet for you.

I'll see if I can give you a slightly more direct story hook to work on, to get you all started into the desert. I warn you that there WILL be conflicting interests, and making them not conflict... well, it'll require some fiddling. My usual tool for this is... well, a more threatening enemy, that you'll have to face together, even though you might normally not end up as allies.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #378 on: December 03, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »
Well, I guess if it turns out there are a lot of problems, we could always start afresh with a more structured party if need be.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2009, 09:15:55 AM »
Well, I guess if it turns out there are a lot of problems, we could always start afresh with a more structured party if need be.
Hmm... I like the characters in the game right now. I think we can still make things work, we just need a common goal. I'll think about it.