Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 104616 times)

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2009, 05:52:29 AM »
Hehe, I empathize with you guys... no problem, it's just a game.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2009, 12:36:18 AM »
I forgot, Totemists also have wild empathy with whatever magical beast they have tied to their totem. Bulettes and Ankhegs are probably best here.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2009, 08:55:32 AM »
I forgot, Totemists also have wild empathy with whatever magical beast they have tied to their totem. Bulettes and Ankhegs are probably best here.
That's a great snippet of information, I'll see whether I can make use of that sometime in the future. It still leaves us needing to find a druid :).

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2009, 07:54:11 AM »
I actually had some time to post yesterday, but I found myself staring blankly at the screen. Need more sleep. Be back. :)
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
I actually had some time to post yesterday, but I found myself staring blankly at the screen. Need more sleep. Be back. :)
That's what I do every morning for at least one hour....

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2009, 11:55:51 PM »
OK, things are clearing up faster than I had hoped. which is nice. I'm in the final stretch of my activities, and I should be back regularly by Sunday.  So expect somethin' then.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2009, 04:21:17 AM »
That's great to hear. I'm looking forward to it.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2009, 04:41:27 AM »
Cool. Things have been nutty busy on my end as well. I have a ton of thesis work that I'm behind on, a candidacy exam to prepare for, and I just bought my first house last week so I've been running around trying to get all that finished up.
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

Snizor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »
Happens to me as well.
The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2009, 06:54:04 PM »
Sorry for being so quiet. New house stuff has been rather all consuming lately.
---

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2009, 01:55:16 AM »
I've been having finals for the past week, so that's my excuse.  But still, sorry for the inactivity.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2009, 07:00:42 AM »
no problem, guys, real comes first

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
I'm so housepoor right now. I think I've spent almost 60k this week...
---

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2009, 08:28:48 AM »
I'm so housepoor right now. I think I've spent almost 60k this week...
what, in addition to buying the house?

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »
50k down payment, 3k lawyers and taxes, 2k insurance, 1k car repairs, 2k furniture (more to come), plus an impending bill for physiotherapy, nevermind the usual expenses for gas, groceries, etc. Phew. I think I'm going to be eating potatoes and ramen for the next couple weeks.
---

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2009, 01:20:23 PM »
Well, as long as you know it's all for a good reason....

still, I would have a decidedly funny feeling in my stomach if I were to do the same thing any time soon.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2009, 02:09:23 PM »
Impressive indeed !

Weren't you still in college not that long ago, Surreal ?
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2009, 01:17:47 AM »
Still am; working on my PhD. I just figured it was finally time to buy some property, and I plan to open up rooms for rent to help pay off the mortgage. The alternative was to watch my money die out in my investments *gumble* I would have been better off last year if I took my money out last year and literally kept it under my mattress. All things considered, I only lost about 25% which is good compared to a lot of people.
---

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #238 on: June 03, 2009, 02:02:54 AM »
Alright, I'll be posting again regularly tomorrow (edit: technically today...) once I get out of my last final. Joy!

As a head's up, I will be in northern Maine/borderline Canada on a canoeing trip with my friends, so no access to anything electronic.  This will be from June 19th until July 5th.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2009, 12:04:09 PM »
Still am; working on my PhD. I just figured it was finally time to buy some property, and I plan to open up rooms for rent to help pay off the mortgage. The alternative was to watch my money die out in my investments *gumble* I would have been better off last year if I took my money out last year and literally kept it under my mattress. All things considered, I only lost about 25% which is good compared to a lot of people.
Sheesh, you came out of college WITH investments?? Lucky you.