Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 104618 times)

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2009, 02:16:48 PM »
Basically the demons are beaten. I'll leave it to you to deal some more killing blows in the other fight or not, however, as it'll be pretty much just risk-free charging in and one-shotting stuff I won't consider it to to be part of the "encounter".
I'll write up some more aftermath tomorrow.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »
I am packing for a trip tonight and will be in the car tomorrow for 15 hours tomorrow, so I won't be able to post anything. The good news is that I'll have full internet access where I am going. So it's not really a problem, but I figured I'd give a heads up anyways.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »
Hey again !!
So, I'm still pretty busy but it seems to be more manageable now. Given that you're leaving soon, Brainpiercing, I'd say my timing is not very good but oh well. We'll see how things are when you get back.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »
Well, I'm back, but I've managed to mess up my suberb anti-jetlag strategy, so I'm basically really tired. Well, that's not the end of the world, but it has stopped me from posting until now, and I don't think I'll make it today.
But just to let you know, we're going to be moving again soon.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2009, 04:43:30 PM »
And now, my dear players, I am in Budapest in Hungary for a few weeks, and I believe I will be able to post. Not as much as usually, but nevertheless. I also HAVE all my books, so I'll even be able to post rules intensive stuff.

So I'm looking forward to continuing our story.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »
We are? *checks* ...fuck, I thought we were waiting on you this whole time. My bad. I had thought perhaps you were just extremely tired from your plane ride, and that's why you weren't posting...the whole week.

:embarrassed

I was just about to head out the door before I checked this, so I'll get something up tomorrow morning to get his moving again.

Have fun on the trip Brainpiercing!

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »
Deadline at work for the end of the week so don't be surprised if I post little or not at all. should get better afterwards (though deadlines can sometimes slip a few days...).

edit: nevermind, slow afternoon after all.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:35:38 AM by Omen of Peace »

Snizor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2009, 04:27:41 AM »
I'll post in our thread within the next day or so.
The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2009, 05:03:52 AM »
Sorry, everyone, I was away again without saying anything, this time on a conference in Florence . Well, a PhD-student workshop with characteristics of a conference.:) It was pretty interesting. But now I'm back (in Budapest), and will continue to post.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2009, 04:15:13 PM »
[ooc]Oops, everybody sort of left Mag standing around by himself. You want to assume he tags along, and are you asking Devanar? Or are you asking one of the soldiers?

With the battle done I just kind of assumed that we've all reconvened somewhere and I was asking the question out loud to anyone. Devanar and the captain would be the most likely people he addresssed.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2009, 05:11:11 PM »
See, I'm not really sure what to buy yet. The Resurrection will cost 5100g, and if that's split between Devanar and I, that leaves me with 2550g. Here are a few ideas.

Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker
Cloak of Resistance +1
Some sort of Armor Augment Crystal (Can't decide which one)
(Insert other ideas here)

Any thoughts on what to get?

Also, I was reading through the Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer thread, and people were talking about steadfast boots (which I have a pair of).  How are you ruling this? Technically, I always have a ready action against anyone who charges me, I don't need to do anything, it's always active. Too strong? It could be ruled that it only affects the first person who charges me that round, not affecting those who charge after. But what's your take?

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »
Steadfast boots.... yeah. Well, I'm inclined to let them work as indicated, of course that's stronger for people with longer reach, but just having them in the game changes the entire game world, as literally everyone who can use a reach weapon should have a pair. I use them in a game i'm playing, and I really only get a little mileage out of them, as the DM simply doesn't let critters charge very often.
There's also the possibility of changing that  readied action to an AoO, which sort of makes more sense. It still saves a feat for 1400 (Hold the Line). What do you think?

The other items are all ok. With the crystals you should know that I'm using upgradeability, so you can buy a least crystal now and get a better one later. I very much like Arrow Deflection and of course Restful crystal for nights.

As for the Raising: Devanar will cast the spell, so you'll only need to buy the Diamond Dust at 5000gp per victim. There was still the possibility of finding a druid, though, which you were going to do in Lundeth. That would be a lot cheaper.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2009, 04:55:34 AM »
Is Smudgy still around?
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2009, 06:12:57 AM »
Is Smudgy still around?
In what respect? He sure is on the boards.

Sorry I've been sort of neglecting you, I've been a little busy over easter.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2009, 11:32:28 AM »
I'm still here. I've just been sick for the past week, with a research paper on top of that. Less active, but still here. By the end of this week things will be back to normal.

Edit: I'll get a post up later today once I feel well enough to actually walk around.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:36:25 AM by Smudgyhandsman »

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »
Sorry I've been away so long. Personal matters. I do not really want to get into it. But I'll have a post up tonight when I get out of work.

Oh, and as for items, I'll be getting a Crystal of Arrow Deflection (Least) and Cloak of Resistance +1 (1500g for both). The rest of the gold goes to the save little child fund (1000g) and into my pocket.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2009, 09:35:10 AM »
So no game-breaking items this time :).

Well, good that we're back on track and moving.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2009, 07:46:08 PM »
I'm at a seminar with infrequent Internet access; I'll try to post at the end of the week. I like to shape my posts in advance and I haven't had the time to think about the next one...

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »
Well then...  It seems that just when I see a light on the horizon, with larger amounts of free time calling my name, I get crushed by the big, meaty foot of Fuck You Smudgyhandsman.  Pretty much every single goddamn person at work has called out for the next few weeks, and I'm working almost every day overtime with half the staff there usually is.  On top of that, lots of my schoolwork, which I haven't yet done, is reaching its deadline, AND the AP exams are coming up, AND my sister's graduation, AND I've got college stuff to prepare for (I could really keep going but I'll stop).  This is one of the only threads that I will be paying attention to, and even then, posting may be sporadic at best.  Sorry for being so busy, but shit just happens, and all of my shit seems to have been pushed into one giant mass of... crappy...stressful...things.

All whining aside, I'll do my best to stay on track and keep this moving.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »
I haven't been as busy as Smudgy, but I've been occupied trying to buy a house lately. Man, I just don't have the financial clout to compete with these people who keep outbidding me by 20k.
---