Author Topic: Simple Q&A 28: Revenge of the Monktopus  (Read 144750 times)

Nagukuk

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Simple Q&A 28: Revenge of the Monktopus
« Reply #340 on: August 27, 2011, 01:02:48 AM »
Q 101:   Are there any magic items that add to the number of bardsong uses per-day. (like the nightsticks do for turning attempts)
Thanks for your time

Nag

Drull

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #341 on: August 27, 2011, 01:13:35 AM »
Q102 Are there any spells other than mage armor and luminous armor (and their greater cousins) that give an armor bonus to AC?

Nagukuk

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #342 on: August 27, 2011, 02:29:41 AM »
Q102 Are there any spells other than mage armor and luminous armor (and their greater cousins) that give an armor bonus to AC?

Lost Empires of Faerun pg33  Mailed Might of the Magelords - lvl5
(force spell)

Gives you +8 Armor bonus
immunity to 2nd lvl and lower Force Spells
AND DR 5/magic

Component = a miniature admantine shield worth 250gps

:D

dantheman

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #343 on: August 27, 2011, 03:07:02 AM »
Q103a: Are necropolitans immune to the petrification ability of cockatrices?  I'm pretty sure they are, but good to check.

Q103b: If the same cockatrices are attacking a PC who has DR 8, can that PC be subjected to petrification?

Vasja

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #344 on: August 27, 2011, 04:18:39 AM »
Q104: Does a Deep Crystal weapon count as adding precision damage for the purposes of the Manyshot feat? In other words : Can you get a bonus 2d6 damage on all your Manyshot attacks if you channel a Deep Crystal weapon?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #345 on: August 27, 2011, 05:44:39 AM »
Q 105 Is there a way to add a half-giant's Powerful Build to another race, such as a human? Even as a feat?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #346 on: August 27, 2011, 06:02:16 AM »
Q 105 Is there a way to add a half-giant's Powerful Build to another race, such as a human? Even as a feat?
the closest thing I know of is jotunbrud :shrug

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

radionausea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: August 27, 2011, 06:42:56 AM »
Q103a: Are necropolitans immune to the petrification ability of cockatrices?  I'm pretty sure they are, but good to check.

Q103b: If the same cockatrices are attacking a PC who has DR 8, can that PC be subjected to petrification?

103a: No

"Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects."  They'd use Charisma instead of Con on their fortitude save (DC12...)

103b: Of course, why wouldn't they be affected?
Stronghearted halflings do not exist.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2011, 06:45:36 AM »
Q103a: Are necropolitans immune to the petrification ability of cockatrices?  I'm pretty sure they are, but good to check.
"Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects."  They'd use Charisma instead of Con on their fortitude save (DC12...)

Yes, because undead are immune to anything that requires a fort check unless it also affects objects.

radionausea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2011, 06:49:28 AM »

Yes, because undead are immune to anything that requires a fort check unless it also affects objects.

shit the bed, I thought cockatrices affected objects as well but no "Creatures hit by a".  So all the gear of a petrified creature is still up for grabs?
Stronghearted halflings do not exist.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
Q104: Does a Deep Crystal weapon count as adding precision damage for the purposes of the Manyshot feat? In other words : Can you get a bonus 2d6 damage on all your Manyshot attacks if you channel a Deep Crystal weapon?

Deep crystal damage isn't precision damage, so that part is a non-issue. The confusing part here though is if every arrows you shot from one Manyshot gets the extra damage from charging your bow. Since Manyshot is one attack, it can be argued that yes it would give the extra damage to every arrows, since they all hit at the same time.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »

Lost Empires of Faerun pg33  Mailed Might of the Magelords - lvl5
(force spell)

Gives you +8 Armor bonus
immunity to 2nd lvl and lower Force Spells
AND DR 5/magic

Component = a miniature admantine shield worth 250gps

:D

There are also some spells in... Champions of Valor? that give you actual armor (a mithril breastplate, golden full plate) that might have reduced ASF or something like that.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »

shit the bed, I thought cockatrices affected objects as well but no "Creatures hit by a".  So all the gear of a petrified creature is still up for grabs?
SHould be.

Also, Undead only sub their Cha score for Concentration, not for any other purpose.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »
Q103a: Are necropolitans immune to the petrification ability of cockatrices?  I'm pretty sure they are, but good to check.
"Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects."  They'd use Charisma instead of Con on their fortitude save (DC12...)

Very few spells or abilities actually affect a characters gear.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2011, 12:17:41 PM »
Dang, that is so close. I was really hoping more so for the damage bonus.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »

Touchstone (Sunken City of Pazar) from Sandstorm?
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »

There is always monkey grip.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »

There is always monkey grip.
That just lets you hold onto a bigger weapon. I'm talking about wielding a weapon as if you're one size larger for the bonus damage.

Something a little more permanent than 4 uses at 8 hours or unlimited for 1 minute a piece, at a particular site.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2011, 01:50:11 PM »

Something a little more permanent than 4 uses at 8 hours or unlimited for 1 minute a piece, at a particular site.
As far as feats goes, I'm not sure there's something else which is totally Powerful Build.

Monk 1/X 19, +1 sizing necklace of natural weapons (unarmed strike) (w/ a sizing weapon)?
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2011, 01:56:44 PM »

As far as feats goes, I'm not sure there's something else which is totally Powerful Build.

Monk 1/X 19, +1 sizing necklace of natural weapons (unarmed strike) (w/ a sizing weapon)?
Apparently there's supposed to be a feat, probably in a splat book, that gives you powerful build like a half-giant, but all I'm finding are feats that give you the bonus of being large, but no extra damage, as a minotaur or goliath.