Author Topic: Can you guys help me find something?  (Read 1493 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Can you guys help me find something?
« on: November 08, 2010, 12:47:58 AM »
A while ago, I found what was basically a point-buy system for melee weapons. However, I forgot what it was called, and I didn't bookmark it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
Re: Can you guys help me find something?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »
Are you talking about the formula/template that is used for building weapons?  if so:
[spoiler]
Each class of weapons is allotted a certain about of points:
Size
- light = 1
- 1-handed = 2
- 2-handed = 3

Type
- simple = 1
- martial = 2
- exotic = 3

The "base" for weapons =  1d3/20 . spend points on each of the following:
- each die increase
- each increase in treat range
- each increase in crit multiplyer
- reach
- special attack
- other special qualities
*double-headed weapons have each side bought separately, using the same point pool*

special note: I have absolutely no idea where I picked that up from, or who said it, or anything ..... I just stumbled across it one day, and committed it to memory (after I double-checked all the PHB weapons to make sure that it worked, of course).  Also note that there are a handle-full of cases where it takes some juggling to make it all fit (since I didn't come up with it, I've had to kinda learn the exact proper application as I go along)[/spoiler]

if that's not what you're talking about, then you'll have to be more specific. :shrug

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »
Are you talking about the formula/template that is used for building weapons?  if so:
[spoiler]
Size
- light = 1
- 1-handed = 2
- 2-handed = 3

Type
- simple = 1
- martial = 2
- exotic = 3

- each die increase
- reach
- special attack
*double-headed weapons have each side bought separately, using the same point pool*

special note: I have absolutely no idea where I picked that up from, or who said it, or anything ..... I just stumbled across it one day, and committed it to memory (after I double-checked all the PHB weapons to make sure that it worked, of course).  Also note that there are a handle-full of cases where it takes some juggling to make it all fit (since I didn't come up with it, I've had to kinda learn the exact proper application as I go along)[/spoiler]

if that's not what you're talking about, then you'll have to be more specific. :shrug

That actually was what I was talking about. However, I just found it on an old, mostly unused flash drive; apparently I had saved it.

I was just about to post to tell you guys that I had found it too. Sorry for wasting your time.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:26:15 AM »
[spoiler]
Size
- light = 1
- 1-handed = 2
- 2-handed = 3

Type
- simple = 1
- martial = 2
- exotic = 3

- each die increase
- reach
- special attack

That actually was what I was talking about. However, I just found it on an old, mostly unused flash drive; apparently I had saved it.

I was just about to post to tell you guys that I had found it too. Sorry for wasting your time.
no prob ... not really much time wasted -- took me all of 2 minutes to type it out (no research needed :))

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.