Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Homebrew Compendium  (Read 93422 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
[D&D 3.5] Homebrew Compendium
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »
As these boards aren't being maintained any more, neither is this thread. Pop on over here if you want the new version.

Organized, for now, by author. Tags are as follows:
[spoiler]Base--base class
PrC--Prestige class
Psi--psionic powers
Vest--vestige
Disc--discipline (Tome of Battle)
Incarn--incarnum
Dest--epic destiny
Temp--template
ACF--alternate class feature
and the rest should be obvious.[/spoiler]

Admiral Squish
Ancient SpiceBase/Item: The class your class could smell like.

Agita
Rising SpiritDisc/Feat: Transcendence through swordplay in six easy lessons. Cut up ghosts today! (In collaboration with veekie.)
Veiled DancerPrC: There are no puns to be had here. There are also no dervishes. Only the veiled dancer. (In collaboration with veekie.)

Agrippa
Paladin RevisionBase: Go beyond the impossible and kick evil to the curb.
Refluffing psionics as sorcery: Strictly speaking, it's just a paint job, but it's a good one.

Amechra
Book of ArtifactsItem: Fun ways to drive your players mad.
Charm FeatsFeat: Think more along the lines of Odin, less along the lines of sugary cereals.
Cloth of CopperItem: It's like shapesand, but for stupid people!
Ectopic Skin FeatsFeat: Crawling in my skiii--okay, sorry, not funny.
How to Train your Magic: A work in progress that involves
a mage whose major skill is not Spellcraft but more akin to Handle Animal.
Impossible WarriorBase/Feat/PrC: Put simply: The Meta-Fighter.
The LibrarianBase: Amechra's already beaten me to the punch here.
The MeistersingerPrC: Bardic music is business of the serious variety.
MetafeatsFeat: Feats about feats. After a while the word feat will sound feat incredibly feat silly feat feat feat.
The Nord's BladeBase/PrC/Feat/Item: Possibly the only class that requires you not to use the d20.
Sibling ParagonBase: If you ask me whether a dvati can take this, I may flip out and kill you.
Tiered PermutationsHouserule: ACFs on steroids.
Touched WarriorBase: A warlock-turned-warrior who uses martial maneuvers through fever dreams and seizures. I made none of that up.
Unrepentant Pact-Bound HunterPrC: A ranger-warlock fusion with incredible amounts of hate.
The VassalBase: This class is pact full of invocation morsels.

Andion Isurand
Andion Isurand's CompendiumClass/Race/Feat/Spell/Monster: Wait, I need another joke here?

AndyJames
The GalarianBase: I shouldn't have to tell you what this is supposed to be.

AnonymousInternets
The EnigmistBase/Feat/Item: What does this class do? I suppose...it's a mystery.

Aramek
Blue MageBase/Feat: The Final Fantasy concept given shape in D&D.

AstralFire
Spellfire Redux: Wilder Alternate Class FeatureACF: Absorbing spells and using their energy to push you over the limit? Sounds good to me!

Bacris
Getting Re-WiredPsi/Item: A 3.5 update of psionic tattoos. Special thanks to PhaedrusXY for archiving this.

Bauglir
Lucent SavantPrC: I'd say this class is brilliant, but someone would shoot me for the pun.

bhu
Chaos MonkBase/PrC/Feat: Warning: The giant frog may giant frog your giant frog giant froggingly frog frog giant frog.
LeviathanRace: bhu converts the post-apocalyptic game to 3.5.
MMII ReduxMonster/Race/PrC/Feat: bhu tackles the second Monster Manual and wrings even more monstrous goodness out of it.
Uncle Kitties Evil Bad Spookity CrittersMonster: Pages upon pages of creatures straight from campfire stories.
Uncle Kitties Guide to Hopefully Humorous Abominations of NatureMonster: A collection of bizarre critters ranging from the Electric Yak to the Habanero Dryad.
Uncle Kitties Handbook o' KittehsBase/PrC/Feat/Spell/Race/Item: What started as the Cat Burglar class exploded into books worth of cat-themed material.
Uncle Kitties Handbook of Spuriously Made Prestige ClassesPrC/Deity: Prestige classes geared for the monstrous races. Goblins need love too.
Samurai PollBase/PrC/Feat: A more accurate remake of the Samurai, complete with variants and prestige classes.

bkdubs123
The Action HeroBase/Feat: A fighter variant that can fulfill a lot more concepts. Even eighties action movie heroes.
Alternate PHB1 Racial TraitsRace: Intended to bring the PHB up to speed.
The BardBase: Do I really have to explain what this remake is?
The BattlelordBase: A class based on Fighter MathTM.
The ChampionBase: "It's like a Paladin, only better!"
Create-a-Feat-Chain!Feat: An experiment in creating feat chains. Handy for Fighters.
The DancerBase: A graceful warrior reminiscent of the Dervish.
The EldermagusBase: A variant on the Warlock with more potent invocations.
Human and Elf ClassesBase: Remember when Elf was a class?
The JourneymanBase: The ultimate improvisational class.
The Legacy ChampionBase: The Fighter has been reading Weapons of Legacy and Magic of Incarnum a little too much lately...
The MarshalBase: The iconic battle-commander revamped.
The MonkBase: A revamped version of, yes, the Monk.
Monk: The PuncheningBase: This is what you get when you ask the guy collecting this stuff to make the link distinct.
Mundane Paladin ReduxBase: Smiting evildoers Batman-style.
PrC RewritesPrC/Feat: It has all of the PrCs. All of them.
The RangerBase: A reworked Ranger that focuses more on terrain than favored enemies.
Revised Feats (PHB 1&2, Completes)Feat: Exactly the same, except they aren't at all.
Revised Feats RevisitedFeat: As above, except with bonus goodies for Fighters.
The RunelordBase/Feat: A Spellthief on steroids.
New Healing SpellsSpell: Gone are the days of spamming Cure Light Wounds.
The SagitteerBase: Shoot down satellites, kick people in the face.
The SamuraiBase: Your favorite Japanese warrior with less suck and more maneuvers.
The SavagerBase: A Tome of Battle class that rolls the Ranger, Scout, and Barbarian into one.
The ShadowcasterBase: Warlock+Shadowcaster with no added fat.
The Stolid SphinxDisc: A martial discipline that revolves around streetfighting and improvisation.
The Sublime KnightBase: The chivalrous Knight with a maneuver progression and a lot less suck.
The SwordmageBase: A 3.5 adaptation of the 4e class.
The SwordsaintBase: A cross between the Duskblade and the Crusader.
ToB Disciplines as Tactical FeatsFeat: A present for the Fighter, this project turns the disciplines of Tome of Battle into tactical feats.
The WarlordBase: What the Fighter always wished it could be.
The WarmageBase: A remake of everyone's favorite boom-caster.
The WhitesmithBase: An Artificer made for war.
A Whole Mess of Warrior FeatsFeat: Exactly what it says on the tin.
The VoidreaverBase: He despises matter. (Not quite intended for PCs.)

ChumpLump
Half-GolemClass/Monster: A half-golem for everything.

Circle of Life
Plague DoctorBase/Feat: If nothing else, check it out for the poisons. Delicious poisons.

Closet_Skeleton
Gentle BreezeDisc: A discipline for the watchers of the world.

DaTedinator
Feats that can count as other featsFeat: Spice up those boring prerequisites!

Debihuman
Debihuman's CompendiumFeat/Monster/PrC/Item/Temp: Debby was kind enough to provide me with this collection rather than a mess of links. I like her already.

The Demented One
The Demented One's CompendiumFeat/PrC/Spell/Base/Monster/Item/Psi/Incarn/Vest/Dest/Disc/Temp: As that enormous string of tags should have tipped you off, you can find practically anything here. Too monstrous to list.

Dictum Mortuum
Eldritch Disciple AdaptationPrC: What was a Warlock/Cleric class is now a Dragonfire Adept/Druid class.

DonQuixote
The Art of SpellshapingBase/Feat/PrC/Item: I don't always shape spells, but when I do, I prefer impulse mages.

DracoDei
Falling AnvilDisc: Is it wabbit season or duck season?

DragoonWraith
Chthonic SerpentDisc: Because what the spiked chain really needed was a little more attention.
Midnight OccultistPrC: A fusion of Incarnum and pact magic, both of which I need to look into.

Dralnu
Hand of RhyxaliPrC: If the assassin and telflammar shadowlord had a child, and that child then had a child with a warlock...look, just read it, alright? I can't cover everything.
Indigo TricksterBase/Feat: An arcane dashing-swordsman type with quite a few interesting mechanics.
The Z FighterBase/Feat/Race: Here's a hint: The Z should be preceded by "Dragon Ball."

EjoThims
Verold Campaign SettingPrC/Campaign/Race/Base/Feat: Clans of human-animal hybrids. Actually, I could just say "barBEARian" and you'd go for it anyway.
Warlock RewriteBase: Carries the distinctive flavor of the 4th Edition pacts.

ErrantX
ErrantX's Homebrew ArchivePrC/Feat/Vest/Base/Disc: A large collection of ErrantX's works.

FaxCelestis
Falling StarDisc: A martial school for bows instead of swords.
Holy WordDisc: Truespeech? In my Tome of Battle?
Ocean SoulDisc: Underwater Fight Club?

Garryl
Garryl's CompendiumBase/Feat/Spell/Psi/PrC/Item: Garryl had a lot of good stuff here before he moved out. He left this address so I could forward his mail.

Golden-Esque
Solaris ArcanumDisc/Feat: A discipline that blends magic with martial prowess.

Guyr Adamantine
GridollsRace/Feat: Frogmen who adventure to fill their stomachs.
Strongarm WarriorPrC: I take no responsibility for any injuries that may occur as a result of you naming one of these Cloud. Or Sephiroth.

I_Got_This_Name
Lesser DisciplinesDisc: Some less well-known schools of battle.

Jack Mann
Maneuvers of MadnessDisc: A martial school from the Far Realm.

JaronK
Adept NinjaBase: If you're tired of people telling you that the best ninja is a Swordsage...
Quick Monk FixBase: 30-second microwavable Monks.

JoshuaZ
The Broken BladeDisc: For martial adepts, to be used on martial adepts.
The Narrow BridgeDisc: A school that combines positive and negative energy into a single fighting style.

katans
Fixing the SamuraiBase: What's that? You want to play Miyamoto Musashi?
Ghost RiderPrC: Motorcycle sold separately.
Revised HexbladeBase: If Mike Mearls' fix isn't working for you...
Revised MonkBase: It's...a revised Monk. I can't find anything witty to say here.

KellKheraptis
Kell's Homebrew CompendiumFeat/Spell/PrC/Disc/Psi/Item: When not working on gish builds, Kell enjoys long walks on the beach and writing 3.5 material.
Mystic BlasterPrC: Studying the arcane arts of blowing a planet up.
Super SaiyanPrC: Guaranteed to turn five minutes of combat into a ten-episode stretch.

Kellus
Lost LyricsDisc/Feat: Guaranteed to turn your fights into musical theater.
The Way Words WorkBase/Feat/PrC: Truenaming that, hey, doesn't suck!

Krimm_Blackleaf
Krimm's CompendiumPrC/Race/Monster/Temp/Item/Vest/Deity/Dest/Feat/Spell/Psi/Disc: Another prolific poster, Krimm's work would far outstrip my limited list space.

kurashu
AstrologistPrC: What does your horoscope say today?
Incarnum HomebrewBase/Feat/Incarn: A reworked Soulborn, plus a few other goodies.
ShapechangerBase: All the fun of wild shape, none of the pesky Druids.

Littha
Littha's Wonderful Other ThingsBase/Feat/Item/PrC/Monster: The little things in life are the good things. But sometimes lots of little things, rolled into one big thing...I'm not sure where I was going with this except possibly Katamari.

Lord Gareth
HarrowedBase/Feat/PrC: I think at this point I'm supposed to make a Yellow Submarine joke, but the beast dislikes that idea.
MalefactorBase: Man, can't this guy write something cheery?

M-Bark
DabblemasterBase: Every magic system out there. All of them.

The_Mad_Linguist
Master of OnePrC: And you *will* be taking Telekinesis.
Priest of the Unseen HostBase: A class dedicated to the scriptures of demideities.

Midnight_v
Revised SorcererBase: And you thought Charlie Sheen was a warlock.

NeoSeraphi
The BroPrC: 'sup.

Nero24200
Scarlet RoseDisc/Feat/Item: For those of you who thought two-weapon fighting and maneuvers didn't mix well.

OneWinged4ngel
Rebalanced PaladinBase: The Paladin 2.0, although I suppose you could really only say that about warforged paladins.

oslecamo
Ancient TempleDisc/Feat: Posted about twelve hours before veekie posted one drawing on the same source. Great minds...
Breath of FireDisc: As a side effect of taking this discipline, you'll be able to tie a cherry stem in your mouth. Or possibly fuse the ends together.
Doll JudgmentDisc: Or maybe they're action figures.
Fighter Feat MasterBase: Taking "feats are class features" to an extreme.
Improved Monster ClassesRace/Base: For those of you who always dreamed of playing a troll.
Mob/Unit TemplateTemp: Handy for armies and for running the players out of town.
ScholarBase/Disc: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." You are almost certain Wayne Brady said that.
Super Robot Wars d20Disc/Base: And I quote the author here, "Personal mechas powered up by your spirits!"

PairO'Dice Lost
Infinite TormentDisc: A discipline for the denizens of the Abyss.
Ninefold DamnationDisc/Temp: Even devils have their own martial traditions.
Ocean TempestDisc: Insert your own water pun here.

PhaedrusXY
PhaedrusXY's House RulesHouserule/Spell: A collection of changes to the game system, mostly balanced for Tome play, and tweaks to the Polymorph line of spells. Note that this thread contains many of the below entries.
Feat TweaksFeat/Houserule: Modifications to existing feats and a few new ones.
Feat Tweaks 2Feat: More tweaked feats and some new Tome [Combat] feats for Olympic athletes and swarming mooks.
Fighter Remake, Warmage Tweak, and the Naga Apostle: A Fighter fix, slight modification to Koumei's Warmage, and an evil variant on the Rainbow Servant.
Ironwood CarriageItem: The limousine of D&D.
Wish Economy Item ChartHouserule: A variation on Frank and K's Wish economy that makes equipping PCs much easier.

PhoenixInferno
Kalashtar Dervish Substitution LevelsPrC: Racial substitution levels for kalashtar dervishes with a soulknife fetish.

Prime32
Prime32's CompendiumBase/PrC/Feat/Monster/Psi/Spell: Don't worry, I'm sure Prime won't abuse his mod privileges if you don't read this.

pyrefiend
Witch RazorDisc/Feat: A magical discipline with more than a hint of Hexblade or Warlock.

Pyromancer999
Archetype SoulmeldsIncarn/Feat: Turbocharged soulmelds.
The FamiliarBase: If you ever wanted to play someone's familiar, you're in luck.
Fey HeritageFeat: Now I can make feyt point jokes.

Quellian-dyrae
Factotum to XACF: Monk, swashbuckler, samurai, and soulknife as factotum variants.

Realms of Chaos
XenotheurgyBase/Feat: An alternate magic system for the Far Realms.

Rich Burlew
Divine TricksterPrC: Like the Arcane Trickster, if the Arcane Trickster snuck into temples before flipping out and killing undead.

Risada
Incandescent ChampionPrC: An incarnum-powered champion of good.
Incarnum BladePrC: An incarnum-fueled warrior. Or something. I'm not really sure about incarnum.
Lineage 2-Based PrCsPrC: I've never played Lineage 2, but these classes make me want to give it a go.
Martial Techniques from BlazBlueDisc/Feat/PrC: BANG! (In conjunction with Prime32.)
Psionic DuskbladeBase: A psionic variant of the Duskblade. Exactly what it says on the tin.
Risada's BestiaryMonster: Espers and angels.
Risada's LibraryFeat/Spell/Disc: A collection of miscellaneous tidbits. Includes more maneuvers for the standard 9 disciplines.
Shining Blade of HeironeousPrC: What the original Shining Blade desperately wanted to be.
TempestPrC: You remember that tiny class from Complete Adventurer? This is it all grown-up.

RobbyPants
Deepwood Sniper 3.5PrC: The popular 3.0 prestige class revamped for 3.5.
Elemental MagesBase: Now all you need is the power of Heart.
Elemental Mages (Spontaneous)Base: A variant on the above that uses full casting.
Modified Two-Weapon Fighting Feat/Houserule: A fix for the Two-Weapon Fighting chain.
The PurifierBase: A class full of sunshine and kittens. And by kittens, I mean positive-energy-powered laser beams.
Whip FighterFeat: Approved by Indiana Jones himself.

SiggyDevil
Arcane Magic RedoneBase: Alternative casting mechanisms.
Celestial ClassesBase: Archons, eladrins, and angels.
Combat Action ChangesHouserule: Grappling made easier.
Construct ClassesBase: Sadly, no modrons yet.
Divine Magic RedoneBase: Not limited to spells, this revision covers class features as well.
Dragon ClassesBase: I shouldn't need to tell you what a dragon is.
Feybook ClassesBase: Nymphs, trolls, and fey nobles.
Fiend ClassesBase: Baatezu, tanar'ri, and the less-popular yugoloths.
Standardizing Monster AbilitiesMonster: Helpful rules for creating custom monsters.
Undead ClassesBase: Currently only covers the vampire.
Universal ClassBase: One size fits all.
VersumageBase: A breadth-over-depth spellcaster.
Warrior Classes RedoneBase: See the other Redone threads.

Sinfire Titan
Rift MagiPrC: A cross between a martial adept and a spellcaster, created for the Skies of Arcadia campaign.

Stratovarius
Past, Present, and FutureBase/PrC/Feat/Spell: A collection of time-themed material.
Stratovarius' CollectionBase/PrC/Feat/Spell: The rest of Stratovarius' work, neatly bundled into one thread.

Tempest Stormwind
Falling StarDisc/Feat: A discipline that focuses on...ranged...combat...wait, don't we have one of these already?
Sublime Way Variant MarshalBase: A new take on the Marshal as a battlefield commander.

veekie
Rising SpiritDisc/Feat: Transcendence through swordplay in six easy lessons. Cut up ghosts today! (In collaboration with Agita.)
Revised Pathfinder MonkBase: Some most people don't like Pathfinder or Monks. I can't promise you'll like the former, but you'll probably like veekie's take on the latter.
Veiled DancerPrC: There are no puns to be had here either. This is a serious compilahahahaha well I tried. (In collaboration with Agita.)

TheVorpalTribble
The Vorpal Tribble's Creation CompendiumBase/Disc/Feat/PrC/Race/Temp/Monster/Spell/Psi/Item: More wonderful things than you could shake a stick at, assuming an eight hour day of stick-shaking.

Vox Clamantis
Untamed EssenceDisc/Feat: A discipline powered by innate magical ability.

Welknair
Welknair's Extended SignaturePrC/Spell/Bloodline/Base/Race: This man has written twenty-one bloodlines. That's more than two tens. And that's wonderful.

woodenbandman
Adapting some prestige classes to better suit IncarnumPrC: Reworked classes such as the Green Star Adept, now with extra incarnum.

Xefas
Martial Discipline [Style] FeatsFeat: Feats that fuse two disciplines into a unique fighting style.
Vestige Fusion FeatsFeat: Mixing supernatural entities for fun and profit.
Warlock BaptismsFeat: Enhanced invocations for the devoted warlock.

Yue_Ryong
Placid Lake School and Guardian of the Frozen GrottoPrC/Disc: A new martial discipline and a prestige class to go with it.

Zachariah
Sublime Assassin and Black LotusBase/Disc/Feat: A class and discipline for the martially-minded murderer.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
Re: Homebrew Compendium
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:56:22 AM »
Reserved #2, whee

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 12:56:32 AM »
Reserved #3

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 12:56:42 AM »
Start posting homebrews here and I'll get to archiving! Note that obviously there's a *lot* of stuff out there, so I'll be adding things based on recommendations from you guys (or stuff I like). If there's something you don't see here, yell at me for failing to include it and I'll add it. For now, the posts are so barren because I haven't taken the time to go through everything I could possibly find and pick out the really good stuff. (Hopefully, you can help with that.)

If an entry is incorrectly tagged, let me know and I'll fix it.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 02:25:44 AM »
Garryl's Homebrew Compendium has been moved to a new location. Here's a condensed version until the links are updated.
[spoiler]

Garryl's Homebrew Compendium

Major Projects
Metroid as Incarnum: What do you get when someone who doesn't know exactly how incarnum works throws it into a blender with Metroid?

Races
Living Astral Constructs: Ectoplasm and a 1st-level power brought to life.
Soul Shell: Suits of armor infused with life due to long-term use.

Base Classes
Medic: A spontaneous full caster who uses healing magic in both defensive and offensive ways.
Divine Champion Paladin, Mindknight Paladin, Namestalker Ranger, Psychic Tracker Ranger, Witch Slayer Paladin: A series of spell-less variants on the Paladin and Ranger class using other mechanics instead.
Gish: A simple warrior-mage.
Mentalist: A simple manifester.
Soulshaper: A simple meldshaper.
Thief: A simple thief.

Prestige Classes
Reaping Mauler: New and improved and ready to wrestle!
Symbiotic Prestige Classes: PrCs for melding with your bonded companions.
Arcane Archer: A rewrite of the original with its own, Dexterity-based spellcasting progression.
Apostle of Justice: An Exalted version of the Ur-Priest who can kick ass without mussing his hair or conscience.
Blackguard and Whiteguard: Revised prestige classes for fallen paladins and redeemed villains.
Twilight Mystic: A stealthy prestige class designed for Cleric/Swordsages.
Arch Psion: A 3.5 update of the old psionic class.
Ballisteer: An updated prestige class that focuses on throwing weapons and psionics.
Grim Psion: For psionic liches.
Kineticist: The predecessor of the Pyrokineticist brought into 3.5.
Percipient: A class for those who take the phrase "third eye" far too seriously.
Shadow Mind: Not a sneaky psion, but rather one who taps into the Plane of Shadow.
Sublime Thought: A psionic adaptation of the ever-popular class.
Time Sifter: Temporal manipulation at its finest.
Truth Seeker: An inquisitor who combines features of a monk and a psion.
The Viz-Jaq'taar: A trio of invoking prestige classes based on Diablo 2's Assassin.
Spinemeld Warrior: A rewrite of the class that lets Skarns poke things.
Initiate of the Sublime Void: A dual-progression binder/martial adept who trades the raw power of a pact for even more powerful martial knowledge.Psychosomnabulist: A sleepwalking xenotheurge. Designed for use with Realms of Chaos's Xenotheurgy.
Asyntactic Lexiturge: A dual-progression xenotheurge/vocalizer who blends xenotheurgy and truespeech in unspeakable ways (pun intended). Designed for use with Kellus's Truenaming Fix and Realms of Chaos's Xenotheurgy.

Feats
Living Astral Construct Feats: Feats to bring your Astral Constructs to life.
Not the Feats You're Looking For: PHB names, drastically different effects.
Revamped BoED Vows: Not everyone who takes Exalted feats is a pacifistic hobo.
Psionic Sidestep, Improved Psionic Sidestep: Feats to let you get out of the way.
Subpsionic Feats: A 3.5 update of psionics's version of the Shadow Weave.

Spellcasting and Alternative Magic Systems
Weaponizing Divination: The reader may, if (s)he is so inclined, insert their own G.I. Joe joke here.
Medic Spells: Healing magic weaponized.
Vile Powers: Powers for the discerning evil psion.
Updated Psychic Warrior Powers: An update of several combat-worthy powers.
Powers of the Truth Seekers: Powers for the psionic inquisitor.
Divine Champion invocations: Invocations for for Paladins and other champions of faith.
Shadow Warrior, Shadow Master, Unseen Entry: For being shadowy in combat and without.
Rushes: Move action maneuvers. Also on GitP.
The Meta-Discipline: Maneuvers about maneuvers within maneuvers. (Also on GitP.)
Tome of Battle Soulmelds: Soulmelds based on Tome of Battle's maneuver access items.

Items and Equipment
Battle Gong: A shield for the musically inclined. Or just people who like loud noises.
Spellforge Gauntlets: Gloves that make your magic-made weapons better.

Thought Pieces
Note: These pieces are not intended to be balanced with anything, possibly not even themselves. They exist only to explore the mechanics of the game.
PrCs as FeatsFeat: Ever thought some of those bland, neapolitan prestige classes would be better off as feats?
Spells as feat replacementsBase: The Fighter with his feats replaced by persistent spells. Also known as the I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-A-Warlock.

Other/Incomplete
Apprentice Levels, for playing below 1st level.
Devoted Paladin, a Paladin ACF (and blatant power-up) in the vein of the Mystic Ranger ACF for Rangers.
PrC Erudite: The Erudite as a PrC.
Psychic Imprinting (Incomplete), also on GitP.
1001 Homebrew Ideas to Flesh Out: Nothing there is complete, but that's sort of the point.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:52:26 AM by Garryl »
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 02:51:41 AM »
Added to the list. If you have a creation you'd like to submit, feel free to throw it in here!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 03:11:42 AM »
Blue Mage reposted from 339.

And shouldn't this be stickied in the house rules forum?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 04:08:41 AM »
Added the Blue Mage. And if someone could move and sticky it, that'd be great. Prime's probably your best bet.

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 09:10:23 AM »
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »
Here are various things I've worked on.

Classes

Purifier

Elemental Mages (old version)

Elemental Mages (spontaneous casting version)

PrCs

Deepwood Sniper (3.5)

Feats

Modified Two-Weapon Fighting (both feats and combat rules change)

Whip Fighter [TACTICAL]
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »
Psicrystal MasterPsi/PrC/Feat: Congratulations! Your PSICRYSTAL evolved into ASTRAL CONSTRUCT!
Lycanthrope fixTemp: Adds HD but no LA
Extra elements for psionicsPsi/Feat/Rule: Now you can play a shadow manipulator from lv1, or a sand manipulator, or...
Modified area powersPsi/Rule: Affect a larger area the more power you put into your attack, or risk AoOs to fire it into your opponent's chest at point-blank range.

Also:
Psionic Material Compilation (has some stuff like "Manifesting Prodigy" and Psionic Swiftblade)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:04:54 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »
Is this only for classes? Or are things like feats, magic items, and spells desired, also? :D

Also, what about stuff from "real" WotC authors, like Rich Burlew? I kind of like his Divine Trickster. There aren't many PrCs that cover the divine skillmonkey role. He has a few other things on there, but none of them stuck out to me aside from that one.

Edit: My Polymorph spell family fixes (end of post).

And here is a post containing a Fighter fix, alternate Warmage (by Koumei) with a slightly tweaked spell list (by me), and an evil version of the Rainbow Servant.

And in these two posts are a bunch of tweaks to pre-existing feats and homebrewed feats (some by me, some scavenged from across the web by me :P ).

And here is an alternate wealth by level system based on Frank and K's Tome series.

The Ironwood Carriage, a homebrewed wondrous figurine.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:28:33 PM by PhaedrusXY »
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »
Base Classes
[spoiler]The Warlord - A replacement for the Fighter.

The Journeyman - A replacement for the Factotum.

The Savager - A replacement for the Barbarian, Ranger, and Scout using Tome of Battle mechanics.

The Sublime Knight - A replacement for the Knight using Tome of Battle mechanics.

The Runelord - Frank Trollman critiqued the first version of this class, but out of the choking ashes this version was born. An anti-magic warrior.

The Dancer - A mobile Bard variant. No spellcasting, but more melee focus, and more dances than the Bard has songs.

The Sublime Samurai - A replacement for the Samurai using Tome of Battle mechanics.

The Swordsaint - A gish-type class that casts spells but with mechanics similar to Tome of Battle's Crusader class which grant it spells and allow it to recover cast spells. A divine/spell-recovery Duskblade if you will.

The Whitesmith - An artificer gish. This isn't polished, but it never got any feedback and I think it's cool and balanced. :D

The Swordmage - A quasi-4e adaptation to 3.5 mechanics, the Swordmage is a conduit of supernatural power and protects his allies with combinations of martial skill and zones of magic hostile only to his foes.

The Eldermagus - Also known as the Super Warlock. No eldritch blast, just lots of invocations and class abilities tailored to manipulating magic power.

The Bard Reborn - A replacement for the Bard. Lots of bookkeeping, but also lots of awesome fluff.

The Ranger Reborn - A replacement for the Ranger. Also featuring a new casting system: Geomancy.

Redesigned Marshal - A replacement for the Marshal.

The Fighter Reborn - Yet another replacement for the Fighter. Simpler than the Warlord.

The Warmage Reborn - Unfinished (just needs a spell list).

The Monk Reborn - A replacement for the Monk using Tome of Battle mechanics.

Human and Elf Base Classes - Interesting way to be all the Human and/or Elf you can be.[/spoiler]

Other
[spoiler]Alternate PHB Racial Traits - Are the races presented in the PHB too bland for you? These are more powerful and more filled with flavor than ever - check 'em out!

90+ Revised Feats - Over 90 feats including several revised feats from PHBs 1&2, and the Complete series.

Feat Chains - Lots of cool homebrew feats in here, the best ones aren't even mine.

Rebalanced Healing Spells - Exactly what it sounds like. I redo all of the core healing spells, as well as a few from the Spell Compendium and create a few homebrewed spells. Actually. Effective. Healing.

Maneuvers as Feats - If you don't like Tome of Battle because it makes Fighters look stupid and adds a whole new system of "spellcasting" to the game try these. Only Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, and Stone Dragon though.

The Stolid Sphinx (ToB Discipline) - A discipline based on smart streetfighting and improvisation. Inspired by Krav Maga, US Military Multi-Style, and the Russian style called The System.[/spoiler]

I don't know if any of you remember them, but I'm going to be posting up the full version of my rewrite projects very soon. This includes Warrior's Way and Spellcaster's Sanctum.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:14:48 PM by bkdubs123 »

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 06:26:23 PM »
Added Robby, Prime, Phaedrus, bkdubs, and Rich Burlew to the list.

To answer Phaedrus: Classes, feats, magic items, spells, anything you please. And yes, if any bit of homebrew stands out to you, by all means toss it my way for archiving.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »
Nitpick: you added Deepwood Sniper as a base class.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 06:41:34 PM »
Ah, right, my apologies. Fixed.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »
Extra Elements for PsionicsFeat/Houserule
No Psi tag? :p

And another item: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8790
Note that it was inspired by this thread and uses the same title.

EDIT: Here's a chunk of material I've been working on with Risada: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9021
Complete or mostly-complete disciplines are listed in the first post, there's a few feats and maneuvers scattered around the rest of the thread.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:17:57 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »
Extra Elements for PsionicsFeat/Houserule
No Psi tag? :p
That's really for psionic powers, but if you insist... :P Added the two feat threads and the bees.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »
no love for my homebrew?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »
You missed a few powers in the Psionic Material Compilation:
Truth Seeker powers, updated Psychic Warrior powers, Vile Powers, (by me) and Sardior Powers (by Prime32).
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]